My latest "Hair-Brained" idea... see what you think

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't be doing with dithering Markie... some things just have to be done... anyone want any plastic, paper of card baled ???  :-[

Ooo im coming for a drive on the new 5445. When it gets there

First in the queue then Kris...

get in line! :D :D :D

DOH... make that second  :D :D

Can't be doing with dithering Markie... some things just have to be done... anyone want any plastic, paper of card baled ???  :-[

First in the queue then Kris...

DOH... make that second  :D :D

Yeah theres some round here, come on over  ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thats the ting Tris... they are becoming quite common... it's deemed a "Mill size baler" ... not sure how many 3 point linkage, tractor hydraulic powered ones are around.. I hope not too many  :D :D

Most of them will do Plastic... card and paper... and tyres as well I believe  :-\

Thats the ting Tris... they are becoming quite common... it's deemed a "Mill size baler" ... not sure how many 3 point linkage, tractor hydraulic powered ones are around.. I hope not too many  :D :D

Most of them will do Plastic... card and paper... and tyres as well I believe  :-\

Did you not read my previous Post Margaret Frillyson  ::)

Best of luck Mark with the new venture - 2 MF's now  :o

Thanks Colm.... rest assured I'll be keeping you all posted on my progress... 2 MF's will be the best bit about it all really  :P - lets just hope we can make at least one of them earn some money for us  :-\

well go for it old boy :)..............................I have to say  again it sounds a good idea so hopefully there won`t be too much risk involved for you.

great excuse too to buy another MF !!!! ::) I didnt think you needed one though........................ooops I`m forgetting...........  MRS F ! :D

seriously Mark all the best with this one and yes please do keep us informed

Here you go Mark E Baby...

Thomas Fontaine & His Tyre Packer

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=11495.0

Thanks Luke E baby...

and thanks for the good wishes lads...

And Rickaaaay... what is a claas Quadrant....  ???:P :P :P - never heard of one  ;D - there is only ONE make of tractor... and we all know it's MF  ;)

I keep forgettin to post this but round here there is a plastic recycling company Solway recycling, they lift all kinds of stuff now but when they started, they came round with a claas rollant baler and "baled " the used wrapping and silage sheets.the bales sat, a tractor and loader came round and lifted them.They progressed to a big silage trailer loaded by tractor and grab with a press inside it to help get more in,baling up when they got home when they had a goodly amount to do.this then progressed to a lorry and hiab which has been modified into the frame and liner system widely used today.

They`ve won awards for it and most of usround here  use this method, I`m sure a few of you elsewhere do too.For those who don`t,you fill a big plastic bag in a frame with the wrapping etc tie it up once its full ..............after numerous attempts to press more in  ;) by parking a bale on top of it squeezing down with the loader dumping the weight block off the tractor on top suspended by a chain ::)

The lorry guy says " you mean  F**********ers " everytime I come here there`s more and more in bag!"

I dispute that a bit as they say you can get 200 -250 into their old style bag and frame  which we use and close to 300 in the new frame set up.......I`ve tried my best and struggle  to get more than 180 despite all the methods mentioned above and a few more dubious ones too  ;)......maybe we use more plastic on the bales in the first place than some folks

I tell him I`m saving packaging and resources by trying my best to fit as many wraps into as few bags as possible......nothing  of course ,to do with the fact each liner costs ?2.50 and a further ?15  all plus vat to get uplifted ::)

its a tidier way of working and compared to the cost of hiring skips is prob cheaper too.Brownie points also for the enviromental grant schemes though we aren`t in any now and no probs with cross compliance.

www.solwayrecycling.co.uk

Thats interesting John... many thanks for the information... I've been doing quite a bit of reasearch on the net today.... it's the pricing thing I'm having trouble getting my head around really...

Any thoughts..

Options appear to be...

Charge per visit

Charge per travel time/distance and per hour

Charge per acerage of farmed land

Once again... all help GREATLY appreciated