Shepton Mallet Vintage Tractor Show - Show Report

Deere-est

My god.... dang that looks superb boys.... what a credit to you all... I am soooooo proud to be associated with you master builders... you've done FTF proud there lads... splendid... spiffing... top hole... bang on... and other goodly words...  :o :o :o

I can't wait to feast my eyes on this lot at Spalding thats for sure...

thanks for posting Trissy  ;D - what a way to spend your birthday... it don't get much better than this  ;D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you deere-est and tractor man 810 for your time today to talk about the diarama, love the idea of using used and ground coffee beans for the soil, and the time and effort that has gone into the models and buildings is plain to see, nice one ;D ;D.

Oh yes and could you remind me what you suggested for the uprights on my proposed atcost barn deere-est, remember me? the tall one with the hair!! 

Another Top Class display fellas :) Wish I'd seen it in person :(

A great showcase for FTF and the hobby in general.

Can i ask a few questions?

I think it may have been discussed before in the past (sorry) but whats the Post Knocker on the 135?

In the outstanding workshop scene what make are the mechanic figures?

Is it dried coffee in the field thats being drilled?

Cheers :)

Another Top Class display fellas :) Wish I'd seen it in person :(

A great showcase for FTF and the hobby in general.

Can i ask a few questions?

I think it may have been discussed before in the past (sorry) but whats the Post Knocker on the 135?

In the outstanding workshop scene what make are the mechanic figures?

Is it dried coffee in the field thats being drilled?

Cheers :)

Hiya Mark, answers to the above! The post knocker is the creation of Kieth Paice (also famous for the feed trailer and bale feeders, metal gates and feed barriers you see in the yard). All works, even the turn buckle for the fore and aft tilt for the main mast. Pivots sideways and the thumper thumps!!

The figures in the workshop are old Scalextric figures, ebay now and then.

And Sean is indeed a coffee drinker!! And he drinks alot too!!

Thank you deere-est and tractor man 810 for your time today to talk about the diarama, love the idea of using used and ground coffee beans for the soil, and the time and effort that has gone into the models and buildings is plain to see, nice one ;D ;D.

Oh yes and could you remind me what you suggested for the uprights on my proposed atcost barn deere-est, remember me? the tall one with the hair!! 

Nice to chat with you there aswell, was nice to hear about your Powerfarms being resucitated by the flick of the pto shaft. It's what's good about all these like minded nutters on here, someone somewhere will know the answer to many queries.

The stuff I mentioned to you is textured paint, watch your PM box. :)

mx-driver

Nice pics lads i recon you did the forum proud keep it up

thanks for that tris great set up there by ftf members :) :)

what a great set up you had one and all that was concerned it does look impressive very well done ;)

Well done guys, looks great. Certainly does the hobby proud. Hope I can get to see these displays for real sometime. Have to plan future holidays a bit better me thinks :D

does look a great setup well done lads  :P :P

My god.... dang that looks superb boys.... what a credit to you all... I am soooooo proud to be associated with you master builders... you've done FTF proud there lads... splendid... spiffing... top hole... bang on... and other goodly words...  :o :o :o

I can't wait to feast my eyes on this lot at Spalding thats for sure...

thanks for posting Trissy  ;D - what a way to spend your birthday... it don't get much better than this  ;D

Well done Lads you did the forum proud my mate was talking about it in the church this evening thought the layout was just superb  :) :) :)

Nice going fellas!

That whole layout looks superb and the little details just finish it off, and those tractors all look pretty nifty too.  ;)

Nice work lads! What a cracking display you have made there :o :o :o :o :o

Looking fantastic as expected.

Really nice to see the part buildings as is the farms are extending and moving on in time.

Great stuff, did us all proud  ;) ;) ;) ;)

As always, all your compliments are truelly and very greatfully received. Couldn't have done it without the other two, or indeed Traci who made three trips there and back today bless her. The pleasure as I am sure Sean and Mark will agree is all ours. As with my own building projects at home it's the feedback of others which spurs me on so most of my stuff wouldn't have been at Toytrac or Shepton without you guys. .. . And it wouldn't have been at Spalding either in the future tense  ;)

Afriad not mate, no. Bit bad really. Never liked the oldie worldie Deere's. ... as the farm moves on maybe the finest Deere dealer in Cornwall will sort out a couple of SG2's.. .. MDFordDeere (Engs) Cornwall.

As long as theres no MF trade in :D;)

excellent work guys, been waiting all day for these then couldnt get on!!!

love the 'building site' part, something i tried to do with the scaloox house but havent got enough space to work on it......plus took to long on scaffolding and getting it right!!!

really is a credit to FTF! ;D ;D

Have to say it looked really great. I t wa snice to see you again. Even if you did try and make me spend money!! :D :D

Mrs BGU was stunned by the price of your JD combine Tris, don't think I will be getting one somehow!!  :D :D Nice model!!

:)well now  I can`t really add anything more than has already been said................fantastic models with those extra touches that just add to the realism.quite simply breathtaking stuff

thanks to all involved for displaying and sharing the pics !!! :) :) :)

hopefully someday I`ll be able to see displays and catch up with you guys first hand

thanks again :)