Ploughing today

MODELFARMER

Ha ha

To that lady a 4 furrow is a toy

She really needs a 5 furrow to test her but the 6420s wouldn't look at a 5 so pointless buying one, at the minute everything on the farm can be done by either tractor which means more versitile between them. . .only job that is restricted is the sparyer the 3050 has row crops for her

you need 5 at least, i pull 4 furrows with my 2wd 3040 ;D  nice pic and nice looking jd, no air con i guess :-\

Oh she's got air con alright

Pretty much everything in her bar GPS

On this ground 5 furrow yes

On some of our other fields .. .not a mission

Ha ha

To that lady a 4 furrow is a toy

She really needs a 5 furrow to test her but the 6420s wouldn't look at a 5 so pointless buying one, at the minute everything on the farm can be done by either tractor which means more versitile between them. . .only job that is restricted is the sparyer the 3050 has row crops for her

you wouldnt really need to buy another plough would you mate, just bolt another on the back of that, or are knerverlands not able to do that??

you wouldnt really need to buy another plough would you mate, just bolt another on the back of that, or are knerverlands not able to do that??

yes, you can bolt on another furrow on knerverlands because the farm beside me had a 3 furrow KV for their ford 7610 then when they bought the JD 6400 they put another one on, making it 4furrow ;) they sold that plough for a new vari-width 4furrow KV :)

Nice photo Ricky, sky looks nice in tha background, the kit is nice and clean ... Be a nice brochure shot would that. Been a while since we saw pics of stuff out on your farm mate. Keep'em coming.  :)

Thanks

I don't think I can bolt on another furrow, on my last plough its chassis was in sections so it would have been easy done, this one is one main beam so i'm not sure??

Could be wrong though and also would head stock stick extra pressure?

IMGP0724.jpg

IMGP0725.jpg

IMGP0728.jpg

IMGP0727.jpg

IMGP0726.jpg

ricky i thought you hated masseys  ??? why is there on tucked away in the shed then  ::)  ;)

That is just a joke sitting on wheels

Well its like this, when the going get tough, the tough getgoing and leave the mf in the shed ha ha

Someday I will change it to a wee deere, but problem is this

That mf has only 2000 hours on it, impossible to get a deere with only those hours, so in that sense it would be silly to sell it, plus it keeps marky happy

Quote from the KV website:

2-5 Furrow Models

The Kverneland EM / LM is available in 2-5 furrow versions. The 2-, 3- and 4-furrow models can each be extended by one body.

You might want a heavier headstock though as Colm said

Edit: Looking at the brochure on the KV website, it says that 3-5 furrow EM models come as standard with the 200 headstock and 2-3 furrow models the 110 headstock, so unless yours was a 3 furrow that has been already extended, it should be OK. The brochure also says that they are suitable for use with the Packomat packer without modification, which is a pretty hefty extra weight on the plough, so an extra furrow should be OK. I still can't see where you'd bolt on the extra furrow on your one though?

http://kverneland.papirfly.no/newsread/ReadImage.aspx?quality=10&docid=5960