Ploughing with Belarus power

Belarusfan

nice pics, shes a old one but still going well eh, so whats getting planted in there this year then mate

Nice lick of paint needed  ;)

Nice to see older tractors still earning their keep :)

Yes, I plan to totally re-spray it at some point :)

nice tractor

its actually in real nice shape from my view point, has all the panels, orginal front tires??

thats a nice looking cab too, is that what they fitted in england to get round the regualtions??

Yep spot on with the tyres :o:)

The cab is a Fernmo Hytten from Finland, and indeed fitted to get round regs. The Fernmo was only fitted for a few years and then replaced by a taller Hara cab.

You wouldn`t say that if you had ever driven one :-[

They are a little different ::):)

maybe we will see the lockwood contracting use the first million he makes from his book to re invest in some quality plant for the ag division, well the first 10K that is.....ha ha!.......will buy a whole lot of stuff for that much

I'm afraid it would be more Soviet iron :D :D :D

Ostensibly Belarus (as it is now known), but I think Belarus was just a brand name mainly and many of them were made in Minsk which I think is in the Ukraine?

This one is a true Belarus, from the Minsk factory (in Belarus ;)), but during USSR times all Soviet tractors (from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus) were badged as 'Belarus' in export markets. My little one is a Russian from Vladimir.

An Uncle of mine used to have a MTZ 52, was starting to rust when he bought it, from new I might add. Strange thing to drive but would pull like a train , what you might call an aquired taste.

Quite a lot of the 'new' ones were sometimes not so 'new' ::) ::) At least now a new tractor is a new tractor.

I think you summed it up well there; 'an aquired taste' :)

ya belarus was a state/country of USSR.........don't they make a tracked machine up there?? i am told the quadtrac and challenger sales into that country have a tarrif added when sold so there must be domestic industry they are trying to protect

belarus was the name given to tractors for export from 6 factorys by a state owned enterprise (?!) exporting russian quality domestic product

there were also factories in the ukraine wasn't they (another state/country or the USSR)

i forget all the names, chris got a couple  ;D mind you he is a guru

wasn't there one called lipsek? and kirovets

kirovets later went out on its own, trying to recreate a brand of machinery.........guess they figured the belarus marketing was two restricting, i really think cause a lot of kirovets was made in ukraine, and ukraine was split off russia former USSR early, and the ukraine tractor manufacturer saw it was a opportunity to grow

hey chris is that MTZ you got, got the gearlever with the knob on top you twist for ranges?

ya belarus was a state/country of USSR.........don't they make a tracked machine up there?? i am told the quadtrac and challenger sales into that country have a tarrif added when sold so there must be domestic industry they are trying to protect

belarus was the name given to tractors for export from 6 factorys by a state owned enterprise (?!) exporting russian quality domestic product

there were also factories in the ukraine wasn't they (another state/country or the USSR)

i forget all the names, chris got a couple  ;D mind you he is a guru

wasn't there one called lipsek? and kirovets

kirovets later went out on its own, trying to recreate a brand of machinery.........guess they figured the belarus marketing was two restricting, i really think cause a lot of kirovets was made in ukraine, and ukraine was split off russia former USSR early, and the ukraine tractor manufacturer saw it was a opportunity to grow

hey chris is that MTZ you got, got the gearlever with the knob on top you twist for ranges?

The tracked machines were traditionally made at Volgograd, but recently (post USSR) MTZ themsleves have introduced a tracked machine from Minsk. Pic of Minsk version: http://www.tractors.com.by/img/tractors/2100/2102-01L.JPG

Yes the Belarus name was given by Tractoroexport who as you say were responsible for those quality machines :D. In the home market most were painted light blue though instead of red.

List of the main factories involved (with pics of their models over here if I have them):

MTZ Plant, Minsk in Belarus, produced mainly MTZ-50/52 and MTZ-80/82 (70-90hp)

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp553.htm

VTZ Plant, Vladimir in Russia, produced the T-25a and T-30 twin cylinder machines

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp1192.htm

LTZ Plant, Lipetsk in Russia, produced T-40, T-40a, LTZ-60, and other air cooled tractors

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9070.0;attach=19933;image

VGTZ Plant, Volgograd in Russia, produced the 101.5hp DT-75 series of crawlers

XTZ Plant, Kharkov in Ukraine, produced the 165hp T-150 series of artics and some crawlers

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp1031.htm

Chişinău Plant, Moldova, now Tracom, produced light crawlers (mainly the T-70) based on MTZ tractors for row crop and vineyard work

Kirovets Plant, St Petersburg, Russia, produced K-700, K-700A and then later models e.g. K-744, all high hp artics

Rostov-on-Don combine plant, Russia, (now called Rostselmash but doubt it was during USSR???), produced SK-4 Niva and Don 1500b combines

Most plants are still around, but for how much longer?

The Kirovets plant lost access to the Belarus name with the break up of the USSR, as Belarus was in Belarus and Kiro in Russia. Hence the having to use Kirovets. They seem to have done a good job on their own also..

My MTZ has got a splitter where you sort of twist the lever if that's what you mean?

MJB1.......you ever get bored, seen too many ford 5000's yet, JD3350s ha ha!

if you drive the same road each day, you don't read the signs, but when a new sign appears, you read it, and wonder what it is

i like not so common classics, because they tell a story that has not been told, they are equally as rare as mainstream classics.

people buy classic tractors and restore them because they drove one when they were kids, that is great, others buy and restore classic tractors, because no one else has one

and lets face it, in 30 years time, someone is going to ask, what ever happened to the MTZ-80.......etc

they are cheap to buy, different to look at, do the job, and you don't blend into the crowd......and lets face it, i imagine chris got this one for a good price, and its pulling that plough alright, its got a cab, 4wd and hyd remotes for the rollover plough......

believe me, i get some funny looks and some very curious on people talking to me, when we get the SAMECAR out and go for a drive, its a tractor, its vintage, its 4wd, 50hp, does over 40k on the road, ha ha!.....and it has a passenger seat

i believe the vintage tractor schene is flooded with the sameolesameole, but that is my opinion, some of the best kept secrets in vintage machinery are still out there in russia, italy, germany, brasil,......we haven't found them yet..........this is because of the language barrier and the states of the nations they are in

hats off to chris, he has a classic tractor i would like, that 2wd 25hp belarus of his, that would be a great tractor for road rallys........and it has a cab!........wonder if it fits on a car trailer

hey belarusfan, ya, its the twist knob on top of the main lever on the right side of the steering wheel,

been a while since i drove, one, i had a real crash course in belarus operation about 5 years ago, i got to a farmers yard harvesting on night shift with my new idea uni, and 8x4 mitsi truck and 3 axle trailer, had to do a million point turn to turn the truck, or shift 4 belaruses and drive round the shed, took me 15 minutes to figure how to start the first one (didn't know it had a isolator switch behind the seat), once i got it figured, and found reverse, i was away ha ha!......the farmer had a 611, 720 920 and 920 with a big turbo on it

MJB1.......you ever get bored, seen too many ford 5000's yet, JD3350s ha ha!

if you drive the same road each day, you don't read the signs, but when a new sign appears, you read it, and wonder what it is

i like not so common classics, because they tell a story that has not been told, they are equally as rare as mainstream classics.

people buy classic tractors and restore them because they drove one when they were kids, that is great, others buy and restore classic tractors, because no one else has one

and lets face it, in 30 years time, someone is going to ask, what ever happened to the MTZ-80.......etc

they are cheap to buy, different to look at, do the job, and you don't blend into the crowd......and lets face it, i imagine chris got this one for a good price, and its pulling that plough alright, its got a cab, 4wd and hyd remotes for the rollover plough......

believe me, i get some funny looks and some very curious on people talking to me, when we get the SAMECAR out and go for a drive, its a tractor, its vintage, its 4wd, 50hp, does over 40k on the road, ha ha!.....and it has a passenger seat

i believe the vintage tractor schene is flooded with the sameolesameole, but that is my opinion, some of the best kept secrets in vintage machinery are still out there in russia, italy, germany, brasil,......we haven't found them yet..........this is because of the language barrier and the states of the nations they are in

hats off to chris, he has a classic tractor i would like, that 2wd 25hp belarus of his, that would be a great tractor for road rallys........and it has a cab!........wonder if it fits on a car trailer

hey belarusfan, ya, its the twist knob on top of the main lever on the right side of the steering wheel,

been a while since i drove, one, i had a real crash course in belarus operation about 5 years ago, i got to a farmers yard harvesting on night shift with my new idea uni, and 8x4 mitsi truck and 3 axle trailer, had to do a million point turn to turn the truck, or shift 4 belaruses and drive round the shed, took me 15 minutes to figure how to start the first one (didn't know it had a isolator switch behind the seat), once i got it figured, and found reverse, i was away ha ha!......the farmer had a 611, 720 920 and 920 with a big turbo on it

Very very well said, and very true 8):D Spot on.

Out of interest, how many SAMECARs were made? As it seems an excellent concept? A slightly more agricultural Unimog?

My lever is under the steering on the floor, but same idea I'm sure.

Very interesting you've driven all of those :o:) The 611 is a UMZ from Dnepropetrovsk in the Ukraine, we never had them here sadly, what was it like?  How did it compare with the MTZs?