Fords for sale - Good Bad & Ugly & nice 4610

MDFord

Nice tractor, but look at the price of it :o :o :o :o

You are right though Mark, a lot of his tractors originate from France and he does have some good ones but boy does he have some old dogs in as well

Ooooops, sorry Mark, I forgot you can't see it :-\

In order to be able to see the prices you have to be a registered user and signed in, I've been one for 2 or 3 years now so if anyone wants a price off there feel free to ask ;)

The 4610 is ?9750 + VAT, thats way over the top in my opinion for something thats 20 years old

Ooooops, sorry Mark, I forgot you can't see it :-\

In order to be able to see the prices you have to be a registered user and signed in, I've been one for 2 or 3 years now so if anyone wants a price off there feel free to ask ;)

The 4610 is ?9750 + VAT, thats way over the top in my opinion for something thats 20 years old

Thanks Gav.

She looks a nice original machine, but that certainly seems a bit steep, are the prices for the more "tired" tractors generally on the high side as well ?

Yeah, if you click on return to machine in that link I posted up it will take you to the spec page of the tractor giving hours and HP in most cases. Thats another tractor he wants ?9750 for though :-\

I'm sure FNHIR will correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that the (non-turbo) 6610 got a power tweak too far and the engine started giving trouble. The solution they arrived at was to detune the (turbo) 7610 to that power output, and detune the 6610 back to its previous hp. The detuned turbo was known as either a 6810 or a 7410, and the detuned non-turbo was known as the 6410.

Thats interesting (Stan?) I always wondered what that renumbering was for at the late stage in the 10 series life.

Don't know for sure if I'm right in saying this, but that 7410 is a force 2 1988 it says, didn't the 6410 & 6810 get introduced when Generation 3 was out ?

I've been there when I was on containers to lad a 40ft box with 5000 skids. Think they got 6 in!! Then wheels, steering wheels, seats, puh's and linkage all separate. Hell of a place. His advert in Farmers Trader sports a stunning 4240s in it  :-*

I'm sure FNHIR will correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that the (non-turbo) 6610 got a power tweak too far and the engine started giving trouble. The solution they arrived at was to detune the (turbo) 7610 to that power output, and detune the 6610 back to its previous hp. The detuned turbo was known as either a 6810 or a 7410, and the detuned non-turbo was known as the 6410.

Yeah the 6610 was replaced for generation III by the 6410 and 6810, must say I'd never heard of a 7410 though