The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

well... I am considering the idea of national via palletways perhaps Sean... not sure what to do with it as yet... all I know is that I need it screened first of all  :-\

as long as the deliverer can supply a forklift to unload then yes that would work, but most lorrys that come like that are big artis or big ridgids, most wont get into most estates which would be the 1 ton bag market,mate of mine had that experiance with some plaster board, cheap enough, but when it arrived he had to unload all 50 sheets of it by hand as the seller contracted out to a local guy, and he didn't have a hiab or forklift full stop ,they  just used the cheapest guy to get the job done,

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no end to your ideas marky ;D only thing is if you are prosessing the by product and selling it ie the soil dont you need to be registered as waste transfer buisness??  :-\ i would look into it if i was you with all the new rules nowadays etc

the screener you pictured should do the job great ;)  ive helped run a 3 way split screener been fed from a crusher, that gets even more products having the 3 different size screens ;D

I'm licensed with the EA for this Mike... although... I'm not sure that moving soil qualifies as waste even really... I've got a waste license for my bailing work (farm waste) you see..

I'm going to see how well the 'screened' stuff sells before making substantial investment I reckon mind you  :-\ :o

I had a nice phone call last night. I'd quoted a local chap for 4 loads of soil (80t)... I was booked for today... he liked it so much he took 8 loads  ;D .... not really much time to take any pics... but here is a small selection...

This is the big pile.... before I got really stuck into it today... it's VERY hard and compact.. I really need teeth on my bucket...

IMAGE_266.jpg

This is the little pile (still about 300t at a guess... or more)...

You can see that I've been scraping it out to get the good stuff in the middle  ;D:-*

IMAGE_265.jpg

Here is another pic... the idea is to undercut the pile... and cause a BIG collapse.. and boy did I get one...  ;D - you can tell when it's about to go... it starts to trickle the dust... then WHAM...

IMAGE_268.jpg

and finally... the last load to leave today... Ahhhh happy days

IMAGE_270.jpg

IMAGE_272.jpg

I really can't fault the tractor.. it performed faultlessly... the truck owner was impressed with the work rate - he's got a number of JCB's and other big plant - combined flow hydraulics realy are worth their weight in gold on a job like this

:D :D - hopefully something I can make some money with Bill.. I've not found it yet I hasten to add  :D :D

Marky im sorry, the hard done by act doesnt work anymore, Aunty Joe has just relised and has told me not to fall for it she said that acting like that wont get you more sweets  :D :D :D :D :D      Marky IM JOKING  it could be read wrong that im being serious im not  Love you  :-*:-* :D

nice picture marky looks like you need a 13tonner (360) mate load them lorries a lot quicker and screen quicker

teeth on the bucket would help a little o and a little more air in the front tyres :D :D :D

That would be Nice Stevie.. can't you come up for a weeks holiday and bring one with you  ;D:-*

Buy a second hand sheargrab marky be a lot cheaper than a new bucket  ??? ??? ???:-\ :-\

Good idea mate.. how much do they hold in weight though ???

wow that scania is sexy, would you recomend swapping 565 with loader on for one of these 5445

regards diggerboy ;D

I'd say a 565 and 80 loader would be a more reliable combination  ;);D

As for you Addy.. lend me a tener will you please  ???;D

Shear grab would be a waste of time in the lose soil, could do it ok in the hard stuff, but you need a big c=garb to have the same cap as your bucket, and they weigh like a lead brick, just get a slightly larger bucket and put bolt on teeth on it. if you had a bigger tractor ida say buy a screening bucket, you get them on pivot steer front end loaders, would suit you to the dot mate, but you need a 6cyl frame for the strength and back end weight...

dont know if thats wise to do my dad tried loosening silage with our pallet forks and he managed to break one of them although clay might not be as hard to loosen

i shifted 50 ton of topsoil the other day Mark been sitting about on the farm since 3-4 year i just hitched the pallet tose or even the muck fork on and that soon breaks it up  ;) far easier to come in with a bucket then.  8);)

bit of a pain to drag the pallet tines and bucket along to load up aint it marky?? guess you would have to strap the bucket onto the tines to do that, recona nice toothed bucket would suit you better,shame that piles so far away from you actually