Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

I understand what you're saying FP, but what makes people want a model that is badly made?

I could go into my basement and make a mold and sand cast a really rough tractor but I doubt anyone would want it just because it's the only one I made.

I understand that rarety will drive the price up, I just find it a little puzzling that quality doesn't factor in too. I guess If the buyer looks at it like a toy rather than a model then that will change the picture a bit. If someone is collecting old toys, then the accuracy of the piece is not as important. Thanks for helping me think this through FP.  :)

I think its all about having "that rare item" to be truthfull TOG, people will pay silly money for ugly things, look at the mona-lisa, she's one pig ugly bird? :o :o but many art collectors would give their right arm to own it.? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sellers name is wonky ain't that  your girls pet name for you Q? ;)    "HMMM let me see ?49.99 + ?10.00 for p&p wow a bargain :o"

I see the seller has finally reduced his rates and got rid of the "buy it now" button.  His postage still leaves a lot to be desired.

Flipping heck like. ?327 with 4 days to go. Not sure is that is good otr bad for an item!!!

Try this though: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=87318&item=6965791611&rd=1

Just about died until I read on and saw what was actually on offer...

Phil