1/16 Fordson E27N Rowcrop

Here's my latest conversion, it started life as a UH E27N and I've just got around to finishing.

The inspiration for the project was the pictures below of the tractor in "rowcrop" specification. This required the removal of all the hydraulic components, PTO, electrics and the fabrication of a new axle and rear hubs. The standard rear wheels had to have the dishes cut away and turned around with new lugs added as these were destroyed so the dish could remain intact.

It was found during the rebuild that the colours UH use are not "original" so the whole model had to be stripped and repainted with the proper colours. The rear tyres were swapped for those off a DOE and a radiator blind was built into the grille to add an extra touch.

Inspiration

front.jpg

rear.jpg

Sadly I didn't take many pictures during the process but the following is the chassis drying on the first thing I found to hang it on, an E27N starting handle!

DSC03079.jpg

The final pictures:

Fordson2.jpg

Fordson6.jpg

Fordson5.jpg

Fordson3.jpg

Fordson4.jpg

Cheers

Lee

A lot of work in that and it has paid off - what a great model.  ;)

Ditto that... stunning work... well done and thanks for sharing..

Had you notied the standard model with the tyre on back to front... good old UH quality control at a guess ???

Ditto that... stunning work... well done and thanks for sharing..

Had you noticed the standard model with the tyre on back to front... good old UH quality control at a guess ???

Hi Marky, believe it or not that model was fresh out of the box!! I had not realised that during the "photoshoot" mind you I was dodging the showers.  :)

Thank you for all your kind words and watch this space as there are a couple more 1/16 models coming.

Cheers Lee

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement regarding this project. Another couple of 1/16" tractors are under way so to free some space up the E27N will be going on ebay tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320273149090&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Thanks again and watch this space

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement regarding this project. Another couple of 1/16" tractors are under way so to free some space up the E27N will be going on ebay tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320273149090&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Thanks again and watch this space

This nice tractor will be on his way to my collection in a short while. Thanks Lee and hope to see more of your conversions soon.

Regards, Jack.