Thanks lads ;) I am tempted to do a few more of these chassis swaps

Very nice indeed 8) What was the cost to you in parts needed then?

Tris,the only extra part needed was a new bonnet as I broke the orignal

nice, see you got the floorpan down right to, looking smart mate

Thanks Sean,theres only a little bit of cutting near cab lug and seat area isn't there,

does DT still do 6190 bonnets

Thanks lads ;) I am tempted to do a few more of these chassis swaps

Tris,the only extra part needed was a new bonnet as I broke the orignal

Thanks Sean,theres only a little bit of cutting near cab lug and seat area isn't there,

does DT still do 6190 bonnets

he does along with the front grills for them to

Made a nice job there, i agree as they do look better with a UH chassis although i have never liked the siku front linkage but a good model  :)

Thanks James :) I prefered the uh f/linkage but I put the siku linkage on this tractor as I would like to get the front siku kuhn mower when it comes out and uh rear trailed kuhn mower for it.

Thanks Sean ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've been reworking this model a bit recently,didnt like the horrible siku linkage I put on the front and it being on solid centres as well.

I changed the dashboard as well as the previous was too small,still a few bits to do it still like change the front rims to uh claas ares ones and then pick a tyre combination.

mf6290001.jpg

mf6290002.jpg

nice work jamie,whats the rear wheels and tyres used mate?

Thanks Paul,rears are uh zetor forterra as I think there the right style,with uh ttv tyres.will try and get hold of some uh claas front wheels,would anyone know if they fit straight on to a 5480 axle?

And a question for the mf massive,I know the 4200/4300 series roof and wheel colour is smoke grey,is this the same for the 6200?

Love that little tractor Jamie  ;D  we have one round at work, I can post a few pictures up if you want some ideas from it

Thanks Pat,wouldn't mind a pic of the backend of yours and a side on shot please.Is there a toolbox in front of the fuel tank?

And would anyone know if front rims off off a uh claas 836 or the smalller ares fit on to a mf 5480 front axle?

Ours has the fuel tank at the backend, above the linkage. The tool box is on the left hand side where the fuel tank is on your model.

This is the only picture I have of the rear end at the moment, if I get a free 5 minutes at work at the weekend I will try get a better picture, difficult though as she is on the feederbox, but nothing's impossible  ::):P

Hope this pic helps though

post-2197-132639817402_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks for posting up that photo Pat ;)

Sorry to drag this topic up again but I've had another go at this model now,and have taken it apart sanded off the old glue and resprayed the chassis,so I started again really

I couldn't find any spare uh claas ares wheels to put on it in the end,so kept the 5480 front axle and wheels and luckily had some siku 5455 front wheels which I cut away the outer rim to leave the spoked style centre which I have glued over the face of the 5480 centre,so all four wheels spin nicely.

Fitted on new wider front mudguards as its on wider uh ttv tyres,added toolbox to the left side below cab and made a new fuel tank to go on the back end like the real one in Pats pic,wheels painted in genuine smoke grey and done a few other bits and pieces. Sorry for the awful photos my cameras going kaput hence no in build pics :-[

mf6290003.jpg

mf6290005.jpg

mf6290011.jpg

mf6290010.jpg