Recent Travels - Updated 23rd AUGUST

CX820Joe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did 40 miles this afternoon/evening and after a slow start saw a nice selection of combine action.  Firstly, a Dominator 88 on the road:

P1030732.jpg

P1030733.jpg

Then I seemed to go miles without seeing anything, save the odd distant puff of dust, but then I came across this:

P1030734.jpg

P1030736.jpg

P1030747.jpg

P1030762.jpg

Apologies for another CX, but some different makes to follow!

Next up a Claas Lexion 570 + belonging to contractor John Roberts (previously a staunch NH operator)

P1030773.jpg

P1030779.jpg

P1030790.jpg

beyond the field the Claas was in another dust cloud was visible...

P1030775.jpg

couple more of the Claas:

P1030799.jpg

P1030803.jpg

Lastly, when I wasn't far from home, I saw this nice Lexion 430:

P1030840.jpg

P1030842.jpg

P1030843.jpg

P1030846.jpg

P1030849.jpg

P1030853.jpg

The Merc engine in this sounded great, especially the surge of power as it started another run, lovely stuff :)

Hope you enjoy the update :)

Another bike ride (37 miles today) and saw a nice selection.  First off a tidy looking NH TX62:

P1030865.jpg

P1030870.jpg

P1030873.jpg

P1030875.jpg

then there was this MF 40 that was moving out of the field, but what a lovely way to transport the header:

P1030883.jpg

P1030882.jpg

Moved on to the village where I lived for a few years, and found that the farmer that owned most of the land in the area has upgraded to this:

P1030892.jpg

and seems to be favouring New Holland tractors:

P1030893.jpg

P1030895.jpg

P1030916.jpg

P1030918.jpg

then saw this lovely old girl on the road:

P1030923.jpg

ahh joe when i look back on your pics and i looked at the 580 tertrac on the other page i think it may be the same one i got photos of lasy year, its off quite a large estate as i went in the cab with him and i was talking to him for a while.

and i must say youve got some cracking photos mate, really proffesional aswell, keep em coming

this IH 531 was working in a field with another which had broken down...there are photos of them on the forum somewhere, not entirely sure if they're in this topic though.

P1030927.jpg

the highlight of the day for me though, was getting up close to this Fortschritt E517, though.  In all the years its been on the farm that owns it I've never caught it except for at a distance:

P1030932.jpg

P1030939.jpg

P1030943.jpg

In charge of the trailers was this 2wd MF 3060 with row crop rears:

P1030960.jpg

and lastly for today, this 1984 IH 1460 Axial flow near Nesscliffe:

P1040012.jpg

P1040014.jpg

P1040017.jpg

P1040018.jpg

though the last thing I caught with the camera was this MF 6480 with MF round baler:

P1040031.jpg

Hope you enjoy the update - I even managed not to sneak any CX's into it!

ahh joe when i look back on your pictures and i looked at the 580 tertrac on the other page i think it may be the same one i got photos of lasy year, its off quite a large estate as i went in the cab with him and i was talking to him for a while.

and i must say youve got some cracking photos mate, really proffesional aswell, keep em coming

Do you mean the one on the road?  That was out your way, I thought it was Suckleys 600 until I downloaded the photo and saw it was a 580.  By the way, that was working today as well (the 600) in the fields behind Abbots Moor.  Cheers for the feedback, Mate :)

The 37 mile bike run proved to be very worthwhile Joe some nice catches there. Nice to see the old Dexta being used to move the MF header usually one see them being moved about with huge tractors when a little one would suffice.

Joe, Joe, Joe!! Absolute belters in there mate. Nearly every make of combine on the move around your place. Loved them all, real beauties mate the lot of them. Thanks so much for putting them up mate, there is sweet FA going on down here!!!

Joe, Joe, Joe!! Absolute belters in there mate. Nearly every make of combine on the move around your place. Loved them all, real beauties mate the lot of them. Thanks so much for putting them up mate, there is sweet FA going on down here!!!

Ah cheers Mate, I have certainly been very lucky on my travels with all I've seen...I hope to get out again but they have been getting through it reasonably steadily so its a race against time  :)

Cracking set of photographs Joe, a wonderful variety of machines you've caught working. Great to see two very different International combines in action. :)

Thanks David  :)  I was surprised to see that particular Axial Flow, as I had previously taken a photo of it some 12/13 years ago - its on a B plate, and I thought the farm had sold it as the last time I saw that farm in action they were using a D reg 1460 and a newer 2188 - the photos are earlier on in the thread.  So now I'm wondering if they still have the D reg one as well? 

Thanks David  :)  I was surprised to see that particular Axial Flow, as I had previously taken a photo of it some 12/13 years ago - its on a B plate, and I thought the farm had sold it as the last time I saw that farm in action they were using a D reg 1460 and a newer 2188 - the photos are earlier on in the thread.  So now I'm wondering if they still have the D reg one as well? 

Now that would be some line up of Axial Flows to capture if that's the case.....sorry couldn't resist, i'll get my coat. :D

Seriously though I love the sight of the older style Axial Flow combines so it's great to see one still working. There's still a 1600 series machine working around here but i've yet to track it down and there's a couple of 2188 still cutting a fair amount of acres one of which I caught up with last year. But as i've discovered recently most are now being replaced by the new curvey ones. :) 

Archived