Mf 35 Now with PICTURES

And don't forget that you must fit the two top-link bars and the two stabaliser bars to each end of the 9 hole bar otherwise (without the top-link bars) you will be suceptable to vertical-jacknife!

Hi, so if  i could get a clevis type hitch made that bolts on to the 9 hole draw bar, will this be ok?

Doe'snt work quite that way. Clevice should be on the trailer/implement drawbar and the 9 hole drawbar in it with the pin down through. You can however fit a bolt-on ball-hitch on the drawbar for car type trailers.

the only trailers that can be towed from a 9 hole drawbar is a 4wheel trailer , to tow a 'normal' type trailer you'll need an auto hitch or a fixed drawbar  :)

You beat me to it, have just been looking up this. The laws concerning older tractors in some cases have changed from what they used to be.

Can any one find on the internet what i need to buy to tow normall trailers

good luck mate, bgu has been looking for a set for ages, when they come up they aint cheap to say the least, try flicking through the ads in ct mag or similar, still not cheap, but prob more chance finding a set there than ebay

Markies tip... remove the paint from both mating surfaces... and make sure you torque up the bolts on a regular basis.. don't overtighten them or you will risk damaging the casting.... the consequences of leaving it too loose are obvious  ???

Anything sacrificial (paint or stickers) on the mating surfaces will allow the hitch mount to work loose  ;)

Thanks for the informative comments. Just a few more questions:-

1.) Does the speed clock just pulll out to replace it if it is not working?

2.) Is is best to spray or paint - or a combination?

Finally 3.) Is the exhaust the same colour as the grey for the wheels and engine and is heat proof paint needed for this?

In relation to 3 above. My exhaust was a silver colour.

When I replaced it I got a white exahust - the paint on this lasted about 10 mins before it discoloured and has now blisetered of - see BGU now owns a tractor.

1. No it will not often they are not working as the cable that is out of them is broken and this is a real pig to replace.

2. Spray is best unless for early primer ;)

3. Not sure but the wheel paint will not be heat resistant ;)

My ten penneth...

Paint the skid unit in grey.. spray all the red bits...

Clocks comes out from behind from memory... loosen the nuts on the clamp (some are thumbwheels I think)... and she comes out from the front... can't remember if you need the dash out... but no great shakes if you do really  :-\

paint... the exhaust was originally white... I doubt if you will find white exhaust paint these days...  :-\ I'd go for black to be honest.. unless you don't plan to get her too hot... then paint it with ordinary white paint... but take a look at Kev's post first to see the future...

post-292-132638796044_thumb.jpg