bulk tipper

now that i finally got the flat bed out the way, time to turn my attention to a bulker. please be honest as i have nowhere to go to get a proper look and measure one so if you see something thats not quite right, let me know. if you can find any websites with good pictures post them up or if anyone has side, rear and front photos of one pop them on here. please don't expect this trailer to be finished soon as going by my last efforts it seems to take me ages ::) to actually finish anything, let me know what you think so far though :)

post-466-132638794834_thumb.jpg

post-466-132638794838_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a bit bored, must have been at it for to long ::) so decided to put a couple of additions on to the unit, a couple of light bars, just waiting on spotlights now. do the beacons eitherside of the roof bar look to big or is it just me :-\

post-466-132638794921_thumb.jpg

Type STAS into Google images mate and the world is your oyster. .. well if you can keep at it anyway. Mine was taking ages so I packed it in  ::) You have got off to a great start though I reckon. I was thinking it may be a bit long but without some hieght to the body it is difficult to say.

• 1 month later...

got some more done today, and to be honest, even i'm impressed :o. turned out better than i hoped. still got to work on the curved ends for carrying the easysheet cover and then to the paint shop!!! so whats the opinion so far then guys?

post-466-132638842786_thumb.jpg

post-466-132638842795_thumb.jpg

thought about the bathtub ribbed body style ones TM but they all have curved bases to the bottom of the tipper and would have been harder to shape, antways those smooth siders are becoming more popular these days and once its painted i will be able to put some decals on it ;)

thought about the bathtub ribbed body style ones TM but they all have curved bases to the bottom of the tipper and would have been harder to shape, antways those smooth siders are becoming more popular these days and once its painted i will be able to put some decals on it ;)

know what you mean, i will need a smaller one anyway, going for a 28ft taskers one, have a cunning plan to make a 1 peice body without ribs  hopefully, if it works i will shaer with all

Opinion so far? B*****D!!  ;D:D

I'm am extremely impressed mate, that is terrific and matches many trailers seen on the roads at the moment. It is another one of those things I have been wanting to make but it's too big a project for me to undertake what with the hours I am doing and the other bits and bobs which remain infinished  :( What thickness sheet have you used for the sides/floor?