Ford 6600's & 5000's

Udimore

The problem I have is lack of funds so I keep selling my newest stuff to buy older models .

For instance I would rather have a boxed DDN than boxed MF 595,MF 590 FORD 6600 etc .

I also do a bit of converting for mates which brings in some more dough .

I try to let my collecting keep itself financially so I try to buy job lots etc .

That way is much quieter for me ,the wife can't moan then if we can't feed the 3 kids we have !

I'm exactly the same, 3 kids= bottomless pit, i finance this hobby by similar methods, i have a kitty put aside and when its gone its gone :( :(

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the problem ,when its gone it is gone .I have sold boxed MB Tracs ,MF 2680s TW20s etc and the implements from the same era .Just to finance the purchases of E27ns ,DDNs and horse drawn stuff .Its a shame to have to sell good stuff but for me thats life !The best thing I find is doing bits and pieces for mates ,just low key nothing too grand .I couldn't do it on a big scale ,the fun would go out of it .

no  :D :D :D, it was at a carboot a few years ago. he had a few broken britains things in a box and a boxed cultivator and a boxed mf 590, i had heard of 595's but not a 590. so i asked how much and he said ?15.00, and i haggled. and this is coming from a dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Hang about this forum i have set up must be changing things, just sold a 6600 for a mere 26GBP & a 5000 went for 44gbp. Whats going on ??? ???

Does anyone own the 1963 version of the Super Major??

Of course..... ;) with 3 different rear wheels; grey, metal as super major;grey,plastic as super major;grey plastic as 5000.

from what i can see my 590 has only had its decals changed and the box's? writing, mine is away at the moment though in storage.

its mib and i paid ?12.50!!!!!!!

When you say the box writing has been changed ,please could you tell me how ?

Is it a factory printing change or has somebody just changed the writing after it has left the factory .I have heard conflicting reports that say the 590 was put into 595 boxes and the590 had its own box .Maybe both cases are correct ,who knows ?

I always thought that the 590 was sold in sets and they went to the European market (mainly Spain) as Massey Ferguson had not given permission for the release of the 590

Thanks for that ,I have also heard of the 590 being put into the set with the 2-wheeled trailer and the front loader set .

I wonder if Nigel knows any more ?

Nigel ,can you help us settle tis debate please ?

Was the Britains MF 590 sold in the 595 box or did it have its own box ?

I bet as I am typing this Barry is doing the same !

I'm not sure on this one as I didn't become aware of them until the early 80's when David Bate's book came out. I've seen them in the 595 box but not noted if they were labelled differently. I've only got an unboxed one (genuine off ebay years ago about ?40), though I did change a 595 into one when I did a 4wd conversion on one mid 80's by wiping off the last 5 with meth & inking in the 0, so beware! Just gong to get DB's book......I actually know where to find THAT! ;) :Di

I'm not sure on this one as I didn't become aware of them until the early 80's when David Bate's book came out. I've seen them in the 595 box but not noted if they were labelled differently. I've only got an unboxed one (genuine off ebay years ago about ?40), though I did change a 595 into one when I did a 4wd conversion on one mid 80's by wiping off the last 5 with meth & inking in the 0, so beware! Just gong to get DB's book......I actually know where to find THAT! ;) :Di

C i told you another dodgy character  ;)

David Bate's book says no more than very few produced & that the lower links are diecast, no mention of packaging.Book published in 82. I heard a rumour around that time that they all went to Spain for a dealer release, presumably in the 70's but you know how some Britains seem to come out later in other boxes like the green Valmet logger (non artic) that was supposed to be Scandinavian Dealer only issue with the other colours as tractor only. ???

David Bate's book says no more than very few produced & that the lower links are diecast, no mention of packaging.Book published in 82. I heard a rumour around that time that they all went to Spain for a dealer release, presumably in the 70's but you know how some Britains seem to come out later in other boxes like the green Valmet logger (non artic) that was supposed to be Scandinavian Dealer only issue with the other colours as tractor only. ???

Thanks Nigel ,the 590 I have is in a 595 box and I don't know whether its right or not ?