Sumo Trio

jdc

This arrived yesterday and as there wasn't much else I was able to do I had a wee shot at some barley stubble. It was waaay too wet but made a surprisingly good job.  :)  Takes a lot of pulling and lifting!

sumo8.jpg

sumo10.jpg

sumo11.jpg

sumo12.jpg

Finished job.

sumo9.jpg

Before someone asks, my neighbour bought the field of straw but his baler caught fire and he lost most of it. Makes it nice and easy to till.  :)

Looks a good piece of kit John, they tried one where I'm now working last year and liked it however the price tag was a bit hard to swallow at the time, still under consideration though as it will save us a lot of time combining the flatlift and terra disc into one machine

Bet that takes one hell of a pull JDC as our partners tryed one on there Case MX170 and it knew it was there to the point it would just spin. How do you rate it overall? Is it a demo or is it another new purchase ;):D

Nice looking implerment John.

First thing that I noticed was the burnt stubble. ;)

Paddock going into winter OSR next?

It's getting late but will try and drill some OSR this week. Normally it's all drilled rolled and sprayed by 22nd! Thought about a Terracast or Einbock seeder for it but they are quite expensive.

I've heard a lot of great reports on the sumo kit John. Seems to make a decent job wherever. Bit cheaper than Vaderstad too I bet??

I thought it was the best out there at the moment. Cheaper than Vaderstad & Simba.

Heavy bit of kit isn't it John?! That Claas 826 in my pics topic bounced quite merrily when he heaved it up out of the ground. What kind of depth can you get it down to before it get's too much?

It bloomin' is! Need about a tonne on front to balance it - been told it's about 3.25t but quite long - built like a brick toilet. Sumo suggest you don't use a 'hook end' cat 3 top link but enclosed eye :o

tidy combination john what sort of depth does that work at ?

Can go to about 400 mm with subsoil legs but just running at about 250 mm for now and discs I guess around 125 mm.

Bet that takes one hell of a pull JDC as our partners tryed one on there Case MX170 and it knew it was there to the point it would just spin. How do you rate it overall? Is it a demo or is it another new purchase ;):D

I suppose you can kill any tractor with any machine...it's not so much wheelgrip with NH but power - although it was going up a fair steep hill at 8k and down as fast as you like! Optimum speed is around 10k. Only done 1 day with it in the wet and not much else would have left as good a finish as it did, but I like the design. It's bought and paid for.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Big boy had to play with his new toy  :D :D

Looks like a great job there John - did your neighbour lose the whole field then - must have given you a bit of a fright :D :D

Lost about 1/3 of it plus 44 bales - baler was OK just needed a new wiring loom. I was two fields away and phoned for the fire brigade who did a good job of stopping it spreading.  :)

We had a demo of a 3.5meter trio with air seeder on top,

behind a 300hp challenger!

Trio and seeder about £20,000 mark!

Looked at those seeders, outrageous price for what they are....... :)