Bucks Show 28/08/08

BGU

Sorry I missed this toipic Kev... I marked it to come back to.... and then forgot  :-[

As Sean said... some real bruisers there... I don't think I would want one of those on my foot  :o

Some nice looking tractors as well... I'm loving the little Tafe - I wonder how much they are ???

Adam looks to be in his element as well.... I wish I'd gone with you... it's not that far from me really I guess  :-\

Thanks for sharing amd sorry once again I missed this post...  :-[:-*

Well.......I found your topic at last Kevin.

Lovely pictures of the cattle. I've always loved the smell of the cattle lines and animals looking their best. Sad thing being that for some, the end of the show turns from their moment of glory, to a trip to an abbattoir.

Nice tractor pictures too. The one that interested me was the Fordson Major with the Ford 'D' Series truck engine in it. I recently saw a Major with one fitted and they had turned the front axle to fit it. The one on here has extended radius arms running back to the bellhousing to overcome the problem.

It's a nice conversion as it gets away from the old problem of wet liners in the major engine and lack of availability of good cylinder blocks. There are loads of these engines laying around, they never seem to be worn out and chuck out 75hp. The six cylinder ones are freely available too and could easily be adapted  in the same way.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/BGU_photos/bucks/DSCN5093.jpg