Wiking Claas and John Deere collerd

AJH

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A real one?

would have to check brochure specs, all the discussion about 6930/7530 designation of this model would be helped by comparing the specifications as there are many differences. after it is built by john deere and not britains so the differences between a 6930 and 7530 are more than just a decal change. :D :D :D;D ;D. all in all wiking have done a great job  only let down by interior colour.

The answer is an emphatic NO

you cant get a 6930 with 42" rims!

Thats why JD introduced 7530/7430 tractors to fill the void left by the old 7710/7810 which were available with 42" rims option and were also far lighter & compact than the heavy and physically bigger 7820/7830 models which were supposed to be their replacements :-\

If you see a 6930 and 7530 parked together in a dealers yard theres an obvious size difference (in part due to 42" rim option)with the 7530 standing a good 6-8inches taller than 6930 although length wise there similar.

How Wiking thought they could do a Britains and spoil a brilliant 7530 model by shoving a 6930 decal on it I despair!  Thankfully PDC came to the rescue with a set of 7530 decals and my JD model is now ACE ;D

With all due respect, previous answers aren't necessarily the answer. I would like to get to the bottom of this and was exploring an avenue involving the tyre sizes, not the bonnet which seems to have been the focus so far, I'm sorry if that is tedious and pedantic, but why criticise the chance for discussion, this is a farm toys discussion board?

Can of worms as Deere use slightly different designations in the USA.

Over there IIRC, the small frame 74/5 30 deeres equate to the higher end 68/6930's on Europe, end yes they come with 42 inch wheels, however with smaller section tyres.  US row crop use has awlways leant that way.

http://www.deere.com/specsapp/CustomerSpecificationServlet?sbu=Ag&pciModel=7430%20RW&displayModelName=7430%20Premium%20Tractor%20(140%20PTO%20hp)&tM=FR&pNbr=7430_RW

http://www.deere.co.uk/region_ii/media/application/equipment/agriculture/tractors/6030_premium/brochure_6030_premium_en.pdf

The Michelin book gives

520/85R38's dia 1855mm

480/80R42's dia 1855mm

So QED yes this can be an option on the tractors.

I would venture that Viking looking at US sales also where that would be the common fit.

That's useful.

I don't yet own one, but seeing it next to the Siku 7530 and next to the Deutz TTV R38 wheels on Barry's 7710, it looks to me as if Wiking have used scaled 42 inch rims with tyres of too large a section to be fitted to a 6930, I'm happy to be wrong on this.

Looks like the prototype was closer to R38s

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=24116.0;attach=100345;image

• 3 weeks later...