Siku 2009 Releases

Fendt Fahrer

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, I will probably have to Disagree with that the SIKU models looks unreal compared to UH. It is quite obvious that UH does in deed do fantastic job on their models and are very realistic. They are a Great Replica but some models UH do lack detail. There combines from UH would be superb if they made the grain tank lids opened up to reviel the bin. That would be incredible. Not saying I am against UH, as there models are Very real to life.

However, I disagree that SIKU models always look unreal. Granted there were 1/32nd SIKU models( ie: the Lexion 480 by SIKU) which was poorly done.... That was from the mid 90's-early 00's. However there models have truely come A LONG Way. The Lexion 600 by SIKU, while obviously not as "fine" detailed as the UH Claas model, still offers great detail, like opening side sheilds, handrails, mirrors, and other detail. Sitting it next to my Precision 9750STS, it is a nicely detailed combine. And Britains would not dare to have opening sheilds on their 32nd models, even their 32nd, Collector Editions. 

The new Deere T670I will be just as detailed as the Lexion 600, and will be a nice model to have in the collection. 

Take Care Jason B

These are all futures that are welcomed on a toy to play with but when you want a model to display I prefer a REPLICA.

When you look at a siku model in a picture you know it is not real but UH models make you wonder. That is what I like.

Like it or lump it!!! You are comparing a mini cooper to a 40 ton truck for turnig circle!!!

Why do we have to keep flogging the same blooming dead horse, its the same comparing to ertl, compare siku to ertl/rc2

not Uh or Wiking get realistic

Look at the ladder by example the Handrails on the siku are much to thick. But they have to be thicker because they are a toy and need to be stronger.

Like it or lump it!!! You are comparing a mini cooper to a 40 ton truck for turnig circle!!!

Why do we have to keep flogging the same blooming dead horse, its the same comparing to ertl, compare siku to ertl/rc2

not Uh or Wiking get realistic

Thats exactly what I have been saying. I am not comparing , I am just saying that I prefer Replicas and not toys. But at the same time I still am aloud to be dissapointed when good subjects like the triple mowers or the Catros come out as toys and not replicas. I guess I knew what to expect but was hoping for a little better. But since they are toys and need to be made for kids they can not have any small parts and hence we better wait for a UH or perhaps Wiking version of these subjects.

Uh have just anouced the new GB dicso press and the vadastad carrier, those 2 alone beat the disapointment of a catros,Sure uh dont do butterflys, but i recon they will, they have the stunning front mower, the have the parts from the big claas (cant rember its name) good things come to those who wait.... Siku in my eyes is better, you can touch it, i have both, uh are shelf models, siku get some hours.

Well I wanted the amazone Catros. Firstly because I like Amazone Equipment and secondly because there are a few around here but no GB's or Vaderstad's. Never the less I will get both of them .

I do have a few Siku models as well. The ones I like but are not made by anybody else. Like the Fendt 718, Krone round baler, Krone Easy cut or Claas Lexion 600 and Claas Jaguar 960.

I have written about the differences between UH, Siku and Britains many times on the forum and it peeves me that people keep putting britains/siku down for their limited detail . The 2 companies basicaly produce toys, Some of which have a collectable value but most don't in the sence of (" I would like them to put more detail in") This Keeps on bugging me. If you want "replicas" Go for Wiking/UH and leave them in the box to look at because all that happens is they put all this intricate detail into the models and it most of the time gets broken and people complain that they are too week or flimsy Yet Britains/ siku make a more robust model that can handle a little abbuse and peolpe complain that they are too much like toys ( THats what they are designed as ).

I myself collect all types of 1/32 models and yes there are a few things that niggle me but I understand that You get what you pay for and if i don't want a certain model because it looks too toyie I just won't buy it. Simple.

If We keep on complaining left, right and centre about the ins and outs of all the different manufacturers Maybe one day they will stop producing them and where would the "FARM TOY COLLECTOR BE THEN". Just Buy what you want, Put creative thoughts forwards But for gods sake Stop putting them down at evry point possible.

ONLY MY OPPINION

End of rant

you all set your expectations too high for siku and the other manufactures because they make one brilliant model then another one thats isnt quite as good and you think there going down the pan. there is no way that they can get everything perfect on each model like with the valtra some of you were in a miff because uh put a real-like 3d badge on the bonnet and siku put it as a decal.

Just to put a final stamp on this, can we end the whole discussion about who is better and how dissapointed and happy we are, it seems to be getting very repetitive and going round in circles.

We all seem to agree that Siku asnd britains make toys and UH and Weise etc make replicas.

End of story? ??? ??? ??? Please   ??? ???

Jez  is right, no manufactuer is perfect when it comes to Toys. All the Toy manufactuers offer great models from all different Farm Equipment manufactuers. We can't get everything perfect all the time any way. Each have offered unique models and each toy company has had successful models & not so successful models but that does not mean we should give up on these OEMs, Britains as well. They are all good in my books. 

I'm pretty pleased with the SIKU models I have bought of late, the detail is there, although its not "fine" detail like you would find on a UH model, its detail that doesnt fall off or break as soon as you take it out of the box!

• 1 month later...

i lik the look of that combine but im bnot totally convinced on the mccormick :-\ :-\ front lights look to be set in too far :-\ :-\

i have to agree there and the front linkage is sticking out bye miles two ::)

but the combine is really nice i will have to get it ;)

Just to put a final stamp on this, can we end the whole discussion about who is better and how dissapointed and happy we are, it seems to be getting very repetitive and going round in circles.

We all seem to agree that Siku asnd britains make toys and UH and Weise etc make replicas.

End of story? ??? ??? ??? Please   ??? ???

Well said,get ya big stick out Jez.