BGU goes ploughing AND Seeding

BGU

That's all the photo's - got some video but can't remember how to up load it!!!

You're right about being light on the front - in the top corner it was so wet, even with diff lock the front wheels were going sideways!

Good fun!! Not bad for a first attempt - got me some more days of work if I want it! ;D ;D

With the difflock in you would struggle to steer :D Did the tractor pull it okay or was it spinning a lot :) :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well kev........

Good start mate. We all have to start somewhere and atleast you are brave enough to post up some pics.... Luckily there was no computers FTF when i started....

Where is the depth wheel mate? Forgive me for saying but maybe drop the front in a little deeper? That would help it match up.

What an axcellent weapon of choice too. Did it have a 19 / 7 gear box that was straight through??

Shame there was no sound on P bucket  ;) ;)

Brilliant pics mate, I hope you don't mind me saying about the depth??  ;) ;)

Depth wheel is missing. Plough 20 years old.

No I am open to any advice - will try and drop the front of the plough a bit next time.

The front wheels were sliding sideways in the top corner - with or without diff lock. Seemed too light on the front.

Yes I have the bug!!! Roll on Tuesday a day in the field and a night shift in custody at work!!

Ah well something always has to spoil it.

I would like to know so much more about ploughing - in my teachers words "I'm not a ploughman I just drag the plough from one end to the other!" :D :D

Depth wheel is missing. Plough 20 years old.

No I am open to any advice - will try and drop the front of the plough a bit next time.

The front wheels were sliding sideways in the top corner - with or without diff lock. Seemed too light on the front.

Yes I have the bug!!! Roll on Tuesday a day in the field and a night shift in custody at work!!

Ah well something always has to spoil it.

I would like to know so much more about ploughing - in my teachers words "I'm not a ploughman I just drag the plough from one end to the other!" :D :D

I think PDC should make you a decal to put on your car of that mate... or someone add it to your scrolling text...

I think PDC should make you a decal to put on your car of that mate... or someone add it to your scrolling text...

You're wish is my command. ;)

Although not strictly my quote it fits my style of ploughing!! :D :D

Nice job there kev, about as straight as my last paddock, aiming to have my next paddock dead straight, has a hill in it tho  :-\  Dont know about you but i love the smell of fresh ploughed dirt... thanks for the pics

tell you what kev, for a first ever attempt with a big outfit to mind, thats not bad at all, ,being left alone to do it as well, even better, i had my umcle in the cab when i lernt and still didnt get it as straight as that, mind you it was a good 400m wide field, with a curved edge??

well done kev looks like a good day was had , but where was adam ?

not bad to be let loose on yer first day ploughing mate , but then he has just had his fields ploughed for free i guess , & i like the amount of trees hiding you're best efforts from the neighbours  :D;):) :) :)

Kev, good for you. Regardless of experience, machinery, straight furrows or not, poles, a wet spot; you were willing to have a go. A bit of willing goes a huffing goes a long way in my book, too much of society show no willing for anything. I'm glad some people out there are still nice enough to appreciate somebody wanting to lend a hand down on the farm. Good for you Kev, good for you. I havn't done much ploughing, a bit at college and a bit with a 6900 and 5f Dowdeswell where I worked. From what I see of the experts though they plough round obstacles first before starting the field. Pylons, poles, the odd tree they plough round three or four times to make a kind of false headland. ;)

oh dear obviously wernt impressed with your job  :D :D :D joking mate did they try and ring you to do the job  ;) ;)

Puzzled?? I can't work for him all the time as I have a real job.

But I am going tomorrow 09:30 - 1700!!! :) :) :)