BGU goes ploughing AND Seeding

BGU

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kev

My plan when I finish in the Force is to get a job driving tractors, at this rate you are going to be there and trained well before me :o :o :o :o :o

Keep up the photos, its a lovely part of the country you live in.......dead jealous  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike

I got to drive the Deutz as well!

Because my ploughing was so rough I had problems steering straight - had to keep using the brakes to steer all of the time. Then I had to keep altering the the depth - while I was doing that it went off line!!! Thought I had got it all going well and noticed one of the tubes was blocked!! Cleaned that out with a screw driver and set off again.

A really good day!! I know all of this is pretty usual to some of you, but I was really chuffed walking away and seeing nearly all of the field planted!! Can't wait for 10 days - apparently it should be sprouting then! :D :D

That's the last of my work for this year. :( But he has promised me a lot more next year - as he can trust me to get on and now I have 2 days ploughing and 1 days seeding experience!!  :D :D

Thanks Tris - can't say I know how to do it really - he left out dealing with tram lines as he thought it was too much for one day - something to do with pulling a rope and adjusting the counter to zero???!!! :D :D 24 metre sprayer - 3 metre drill - can't remember how many bouts!!!???? :D :D

Hi Kev

My plan when I finish in the Force is to get a job driving tractors, at this rate you are going to be there and trained well before me :o :o :o :o :o

Keep up the photos, its a lovely part of the country you live in.......dead jealous  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Yes but I have 6 years and 4 months to wait - you don't!!!! :(:D

Nice pictures Kev looks like you had fun. Thats a good drill to start off with as well, nice and simple compared to a lot of them these days :)

3m drill is 8 bouts to a tramline pass on 24m, tramlines are where the fun begins :D

No didn't get to drive the Fastrac. Don't fancy towing and reversing a trailer!!

It was hard work keeping it straight, had to use the brakes to steer - due to my rough ploughing!! :D :D

Any other advice chaps??

One good bit of advice, don't try too hard to keep straight as the harder you try the bendier it gets, it may sound a load of rubbish but its actually true.

If you used the markers and were centre marking (mark in field was centre of the bonnet) look as far ahead as you can as it is easier to stay straight that way

Well done Kev and you got to drive the best tractor there today!

I got to drive the Deutz as well!

errr ............... i think he was talking about the deutz kev  8):D;)

good old bus them deutz mate , unfortunately when it's a well worked loader they arnt showing their best  :(

all looks well mate i agree with gav those drills are pretty simple things to use , probably why i got on so well with them  :D