Actuall Tractor Speeds???

MODELFARMER

Ok

I've a 6620, 6420s and a 3050

6620 clocks at 26.5

6420s """"        27.5

3050 """          29

But their ACTUAL speeds going by car speedo and minus two mph as car usually read faster

6620      28

6420s    29

3050      sexy 32.5

Like 40kmh is 24.85mph  ok say 25

so they all go fatser than rated and what is on the clocks, . .. now what worries me

I buy a new deere, it has 40 k box auto power . . . it is possible it will be even flippin slower than the 6620 we have

Yea easy answer is 50k . . .but  it costs 4 grand!!

opinions please  :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok

I've a 6620, 6420s and a 3050

6620 clocks at 26.5

6420s """"        27.5

3050 """           29

But their ACTUAL speeds going by car speedo and minus two mph as car usually read faster

6620      28

6420s     29

3050       sexy 32.5

Like 40kmh is 24.85mph  ok say 25

so they all go fatser than rated and what is on the clocks, . .. now what worries me

I buy a new deere, it has 40 k box auto power . . . it is possible it will be even flippin slower than the 6620 we have

Yea easy answer is 50k . . .but  it costs 4 grand!!

opinions please  :)

ricky you're such a tart

does it really matter ?

as long as they run at about their rating you got to be happy havent you , ? it's not like you're going to be raceing them

are you  ???  ;)

When I was a lad.....A long time ago I know  ;)

This was very important to me and it was the first thing I'd look for each time the farm got a new tractor  ;)

I actually kept a log of all the tractors I recorded I wonder if my old man still has it anywhere  ???

Although my method wasn't very reliable...

I would log the top speed on speedo to gaige how fast each tractor went :-[:-[

Well I didn't know did I  :-[:-[

Well... in fairness to the tart... it makes a difference to me as well... Frankie clocks 40.2KPH... which I reckon is ABOUT 25mph... Having done a 2 hours journey in her today... How I would have loved 50k  :-*

So... in short Rickaaaay... don't faf about... tell daddy to dig a little bit deeper and have a 50k box - you know it makes sense  ;)

Make sure you have plenty of power through - 50k saps it evidently  ;)

40k or 50k doesn't really make a big difference. You'll need to travel great distances to really have an advantage of a 50k box. And there's a huge gap between 40 and 50, fuel consumption is going through the roof when accelerating from 40k to 50k.

I thought that car speedo's are going an average 10% slower than what the clock says??

I'd go witht he tractor speeds mate.

Oh, by the way mate..........

Ever tried to see how fast in reverse?

Average 15% faster when it all turns backwards  :-[:-[ :P :P :P:-\ :-\ :D :D

In the UK (and elsewhere), it is illegal for any roadgoing vehicle to have a speedometer fitted which will under read (ie. show a speed slower than the actual speed).  For this reason all manufacturers make speedos over read to avoid potential prosecution.  In general they will show about 5% faster than actual speed, but may be as high as 10%.  With tractors, there are further discrepancies caused by setup of the throttle cable and settings for different tyre sizes, and tyre wear also has an effect on rolling circumference and therefore speed. the only way to get an accurate speed is from GPS. 

All a little bit irrelevant as the maximum permitted speed for an agricultural tractor on UK roads is 20mph (32.2kph). 

All you need is a plod who knows the law and decides to enforce it: £60 fine and three points on your licence; thank you please!  Added to which, if he looks round the tractor there is a very high chance he will find something else to do you for. 

Unless, of course you have a tractor with four wheel air braking and fully independent suspension at each corner (suspended front axles and cabs don't count), in which case you can go up to 40mph. 

ok dont trust new holland speedows

My uncels tm120 has got a 40k box in it we were going along a pice of flat road with 8 tonne of grain in the trailer going 45k

his 8360 can do over 100 mph so it says

and a farmer near me has a t6030 on demo wich says it dose 50 mph

you just cant trust new holland