Advice from some real farmers please...

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frustrating i know!!!! the machine can also be red but not fergy. still intrested???

Dream on .. Not a chance even if  (:D :D No comment required I know) mf were the worst tractor on the planet he would still buy nothing else as he is a nutter  ;D ;D

But I love him  :-*:-*

it will do 80km never mind 50km and be breaking the law!!

If you would kindly leave your name and address then I am sure either Kev or I could oblige you, please have your Licence available for inspection when we get there :) :) :) :) :)

yep you got that right sparrowlegs. think it would be a good set up!! trade the red tractor in for a 2nd hand unimog would get a fab one for 20k then get a bigab ro-ro with air brakes+abs and your sorted for speed that will keep up with the flow of traffic also cos of speed you would be able to widen your working area!! if i was in your position lord fergy its summat i would be looking into!! but as you are fergy only its your biggest stumbling block.. there is other good machinery besides a fergy. i gave up looking for a john deere 50 series to get my unimog and have no regrets what so ever!!

still cant really see the need for a hook bin mark , the bin & liner idea is ideal , a 7.5T lorry with hi-ab, high mesh sides . would keep tractor tyre wear to a minimum, & a faster vehicle to collect from a wider area.

from what i can see untill it's baled, it's all bulk no weight cargo , so you'd be driving a slow tractor with a heavier than normal trailer carrying a load that's all bulk & no weight & you can't  have the trailer & the baler at the same time !  better to have a collection vehicle that collects & a baler that bales  not try to do everything with one vehicle

I can see the logic behind this - but are you getting to the point then of driving around the country with these bins ???

Unless you have lots of industrial customers I can't see this being a winner - can you encourage your farmer customers to bring the plastic to you by you offering them a cheaper rate ???

I can see the logic behind this - but are you getting to the point then of driving around the country with these bins ???

Unless you have lots of industrial customers I can't see this being a winner - can you encourage your farmer customers to bring the plastic to you by you offering them a cheaper rate ???

they will say they aint got time and others come to them mate ,so he might loose bussiness that way??? persoanlly i would go the way marcus said, infact i think i hvae said to mark before about a wagon with grilled sides, as one local guy does that way, the other uses rollads style ro ro trailers,he uses long chassis dafs with cages on the back, bale sin his yeard

Emailed you buddy  ;)

thanks Jez... cracking informaton mate and much appreciated  ;)

Indeed Colm... this is just industrial mate only.. would be no good for farmers... unless they are huuuuuuge.... then it would be  :-\

Just the sort of back up work I could do with down here for a tractor for when the seasonal work tails off  :(

Let the companies buy their own bins Mark, you offer free or cheaper collection depending on radius from base. Like a tarrif system, that's how haulage companies work. ???

Just the sort of back up work I could do with down here for a tractor for when the seasonal work tails off  :(

Let the companies buy their own bins Mark, you offer free or cheaper collection depending on radius from base. Like a tarrif system, that's how haulage companies work. ???

well Tris.... we could always do with a Wiltshire agent mate  ;);D

I'd be happy to charge the rental on the bins really... if I could create a 'need' for them then I could create a 'hook' (no pun intended) into my customer base  :-\

if you are looking at hooklift bins why dont you move them with a lorry, i guess you already have an operators licence for the vehicles you already run or aint you any over 3.5ton? a tractor is slow and costly on white fuel, i know you love using tractors but i can tell your a buisness man, tractors arnt cost effective to haul bins over distances! the tractor will have to be licenced as a lorry anyway dosnt it for moving comercial waste :-\ as its not all farm waste. move the waste to you yard with trucks and use frankie to bale and stack ;) just my thoughts

>:(:D :D - that's correct Ad... I'm nothing over 7.49t GVW Mike... but I do run a few curtainsiders at this weight...

Deep down I know you are right... but hey... business is about enjoying yourself as much as it is making money really... I'll probably buckle and get a lorry mounted system in the long run... but as I have a need for a dump tailer anyway I may still presue the opportunity to change this for a hook load system and supply my locals with this system I think.

A lot depends on the price of the trailer and bins of course.. I'm not made of money... in actual fact... far from it at the present time  :-[ :'( :D :D

>:(:D :D - that's correct Ad... I'm nothing over 7.49t GVW Mike... but I do run a few curtainsiders at this weight...

Deep down I know you are right... but hey... business is about enjoying yourself as much as it is making money really... I'll probably buckle and get a lorry mounted system in the long run... but as I have a need for a dump tailer anyway I may still presue the opportunity to change this for a hook load system and supply my locals with this system I think.

A lot depends on the price of the trailer and bins of course.. I'm not made of money... in actual fact... far from it at the present time  :-[ :'( :D :D

:D :D That's why I sell farm models  :D :D

Oh Marky you make me laugh sometimes  :D