The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one listed on a website in Milton Keynes... looks like I'll have to make an excuse to be over that way sometime this week  ;D:D :D

seem to remember you saying about a call from a guy out that way looking for a plastic recycling guy on sunday mate :D :D

oh yeah thats next week!!....will you have a trailer so i can sit in the back!!!

how long will you have this topsoil for??, the garden needs doing sometime in the next few months!

mate just looking at her shes all intact you got all windows and lights its definatly spending a bit of money on fixing her up dont rush it take your time even if it takes you 2-3 years it will be worth it in the end

cheers

Reece

So you split her yet mark? that thrust bearing didnt sound that good to me.... Bloody fun little tractor to drive, better than that other one.... This thing is a real tractor as you said. I shall get on the hunt for those mf pivot pics... and a few other rare girls i know of i didnt mention ;)

Now i would like to see a pic of your desk please...

So you split her yet mark? that thrust bearing didnt sound that good to me.... Bloody fun little tractor to drive, better than that other one.... This thing is a real tractor as you said. I shall get on the hunt for those mf pivot pics... and a few other rare girls i know of i didnt mention ;)

Now i would like to see a pic of your desk please...

On my desk I have something VERY special Nick... will take a pic on monday...  ;)

It was good to see you mate as well... thanks for taking the time to come over... and thanks for my pressies too  :-*

Thrust bearing will be done after the summer... during Mavis's makeover  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. today was Mavis's first ever road run (assuming that NIAB never took her on one  :D :D ) ... She performed faultlessly as well... even with her noisy thrust bearing...

Here she is ready for the off...

DSC_7055.jpg

With Mrs F (Diane) and my two kids... plus my daughters friend... livingly the 'life of riley' in extreme comfort

DSC_7052.jpg

It was a great day out I have to say... HIGHLY enjoyable... I met some great people... and saw some lovely machines too  :-*

It was great fun Cerin... I'd say it was a good 10 miles of more mate really.. sloooooooow... but really good fun... HUNDREDS of vehicles as well... quite a lot of tractors as well.. which was nice... wanna see some pics of a few more Masseys ???

It was great fun Cerin... I'd say it was a good 10 miles of more mate really.. sloooooooow... but really good fun... HUNDREDS of vehicles as well... quite a lot of tractors as well.. which was nice... wanna see some pics of a few more Masseys ???

Sounds good ;)

Yep more pictures please ;D

Here's a few then...

This was lovely...

DSC_7059.jpg

Early continental engines Grey Fergie... the first one to cme to this area...

DSC_7066.jpg

My mate Grahams beautiful 35... that one BEST MASSEY.... as it always does...

DSC_7070.jpg

My mate Gavins wonderful MF135... rescued in the last few weeks from a Standen Beet Harvester... finished last week... won BEST In SHOW as well

DSC_7090.jpg