A pair of 8t Marstons

alpinefocus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job there Dan ;D

Very impressive - in fact one of the best I have seen.

Paul, 188 has an extra 6" spacer in the gearbox compared to the 185 ;)

And IPTO as standard... and Multi-Power.... and and... a deluxe seat.... er.... PAVT wheels... and.... power steering

In short.... it was a longer... more deluxe version of the 185... although the Super Spec cab was availabloe at this time... most of them would be flexi-clad sirocco cabs  :-\

BRILLIANT tractor... hailed by some to be the best ever Massey Made  :-\

Absolutely gorgeous models!

I'd be inclined to put them behind the 185 and 6600. Anything bigger than that and you are just wasting diesel. If I remember correctly, the brochure for the 6600 had a pic of one with an 8 tonne Marston behind it.

Nashmach?  ???

Absolutely gorgeous models!

I'd be inclined to put them behind the 185 and 6600. Anything bigger than that and you are just wasting diesel. If I remember correctly, the brochure for the 6600 had a pic of one with an 8 tonne Marston behind it.

Nashmach?  ???

Don't remember that off hand Stan - I think Pettit trailers were mainly used in the publicity shots ;)

COME ON SEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!!

You know it is bad when you have to qoute yourself..............

I like the way the haulage part of the farm has to increase with the pending arrival of a green John Deere combine coming on the scene?  :D :D :D;) ;)

right here you go jez, one on uh vanto wheels, the other on dans ones,just one pic,didnt have enough axel rod to fit them on both sides to show width , but now you have me thinking as theres very little difference dia and width wise between each version, would just need a small bit of work on the axel housing to bring them in a little closer to each other as its spaced for the slightly larger conrad ones at present001-4.jpg

the vanto wheels look better for the trailer only being an 8 ton version , the last 8 ton marston i hauled was back in 86/87 & wasnt the monocoque but the fold down sides/ pannels

trailers look a treat sean on the 185 , good going dan  :)