The Aughton Valley Collection

love the fendts david, and your older rigid deeres. i had made the point of not collecting fendt tractors, just to keep the size of my collection in check, but at spalding i got a u/h fendt and it looked a bit lonely on its own, so as you can see from my collection page i have got it a few friends. the 615 lsa will be next now i have seen your pic of it!

Thanks ever so much Chris. Very keen to add to my collection of classic rigid "Deere Power," especially now as I now have quite a bit more cabinet space to dedicate towards this theme, having cleared the majority of more modern models from this part of my collection. I'm just in need of finding the flat topped wing variation on the Britains / Ertl 4020 and like many others cannot wait for the Schuco 4955 to be released. Hopefully i'll be able to add a few more special builds / conversions to this line up too, very smitten with my PDC 3120, Paul has done a great job modifying this tractor.

Must admit I hadn't paid any attention to my Fendt models in a very long time which is why I decided to have the older versions out in the fresh air and my cabinet storing them rearranged. You will not be disapointed with the 615 LSA Chris it's a exceptionally good model and form's part of one of my favourite older line ups alongside the 626 LSA and 2wd 306 LS as they bring back some fantastic childhood memories of the real machines they're based on. I still have a number of much more modern Fendt models but other than my Peter Hardy 939 Black Beauty they're no longer on display.

I also have these Siku models of Fendts from a much earlier vintage which i've decided to hang onto:

P1160203.jpg

P1160204.jpg

P1160205.jpg

Click Click your collection is getting outta control mate O0

Such variety and a real credit to you 8)

The addiction certainly seems to be in full flow again now i've chosen to focus on these older tractors Barry. Really enjoying collecting at the moment and I just about have my cabinets set up how I want them with the various makes that are now displayed in them. :)

Thanks for your kind comments, roll on Preston next weekend. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick run down of the models I came home with yesterday from my trip to the Chris Whitehead Memorial Show.

The first model to join the Derwent Vale fleet yesterday was another lovely PDC conversion in the shape of this Massey Ferguson 6170. This tractor becomes the tenth Massey Ferguson variation i've bought from Paul in the last three years and joins a 6190 and pair of 6150 tractors he also converted in one of my cabinets.

P1160399.jpg

P1160400.jpg

P1160401.jpg

Several shades of green were also the focus of my attention yesterday. Starting with this very tidy pair of older Ertl Steiger tractors to join my fleet of prairie monsters.

The Panther ST-310.

P1160404.jpg

P1160405.jpg

Followed by the Cougar Series III ST-251 on super singles.

P1160406.jpg

P1160407.jpg

My current line up of green and black Steiger articulated tractors.

P1160408.jpg

very nice additions, love the Steiger line-up and from what i hear, there is a Steiger Tiger coming as well later this year, I am sure that will join these models ;)

PDC does make fine conversions, 2 bad i do not collect conversions or a couple would have found their way home with me over the past years.., that said, with his ever increasing skills and seeing what he changes of the base models, they can hardly be called conversions anymore, but rather scratchbuilt models... so maybe i should look into his models...

very nice additions, love the Steiger line-up and from what i hear, there is a Steiger Tiger coming as well later this year, I am sure that will join these models ;)

PDC does make fine conversions, 2 bad i do not collect conversions or a couple would have found their way home with me over the past years.., that said, with his ever increasing skills and seeing what he changes of the base models, they can hardly be called conversions anymore, but rather scratchbuilt models... so maybe i should look into his models...

Thanks Wil. Having focused on my Steiger based Ford FW series earlier in the year it's been rather nice to add to my original lime green line up. It definitely wasn't planned but I was offered such a good deal on the two older Ertl models I certainly wasn't going to say no.:)

There's a Tiger on the way?! What a monster that should be! Really looking to seeing one of those in model form later in the year. 8)

I've mentioned on many occasions i'm a big fan of Paul's work and always seem to make a bee-line towards his stand at any of the shows I attend. I now have fifteen of his excellent converted models in my collection. I'm considering setting up a topic listing all the models I have that he has built so others can add any other variations they may have in their collections. :)

Moving onto the next green theme to gain a pair of new additions. My line up of Mercedes Benz MB-Tracs.

Starting with the old Britains 1500. I've been looking for a decent one for some time at the right money and ended up plumping for this example that came complete and boxed.

P1160409.jpg

P1160410.jpg

Weise-Toys certainly know their way around a miniature MB-Trac and their 1600 Turbo, 1500 and 1100 are big favourites of mine. Almost inevitabley their 1300 equipped with flotation tyres has now joined my fleet. The large tyres won't be everyone's cup of tea but i'm pleased they've decided to do something different with this tractor and equip it with these big boots.

P1160411.jpg

P1160412.jpg

Whilst here's my current cabinet displayed line up of MB-Tracs.

Left to right:

Siku 1800 Intercooler.

Weise -Toys 1600 Turbo

Weise - Toys 1500

Britains 1500

Weise - Toys 1300

Weise - Toys 1100

P1160418.jpg

lovelly additions david, especially the mb trac terra tyres and the deutz. the deutz is on my raddar and i had chosen to get the silver rimmed version, but seeing your red rimmer, now i am not so sure..........

Thanks Chris appreciated. As with all the Weise -Toys MB-Tracs the 1300 on terra tyres is a fantastic model. I've a few other plans for this theme in due course but will need to find a bigger shelf for them before they happen. I'd really like a Schuco 1800 in the standard colours and there's also a pair of much older Siku 800 variations i'm quite keen to find. As for the Deutz i'm very smitten with the red rimmed / cabbed version, i've been looking for one of these for ages. Don't really know why but i'm just not that keen later liveried tractor with the silver wheels. That said I do hope to add the red rimmed cabless and 2wd LCN variations of the D 130 06 to my collection at some point in the future. :)

good to see your additions david and i just had a feeling yesterday you`d be going home with those 2 lime green stiegers

Thanks Brian, thoroughly enjoyed catching up with you yesterday. I did keep looking across at them rather a lot whilst the raffle was being drawn. ^-^

They turned out to be a bargain in the end and they're in great condition. They didn't appear to have been removed from their plastic bubble packaging........ until I got my hands on them. :)

Edited by walterderwent

Many thanks for your kind words David, it would be really nice to see a topic of my tractors, I don't keep any of my own and forget what I have built over the years :-/

You're very welcome Paul. Always a pleasure to catch up with you and purchase another of your very smart models. I seemed to zone straight in on the 6170 the moment I saw it. Looks really nice sat alongside the other 6100 series tractors I have. I'll aim to have a topic set up very soon listing all the models I currently have of yours. It was one of your New Holland TS-110 models I purchased from you at the Spalding Spring Show in 2009 that became the first conversion to enter my collection. :)

Edited by walterderwent

• 2 weeks later...

The "de-modernisation" of Derwent Vale continues with the arrival of this pair of classic Fords in the shape of Britains efforts at miniaturising the 6600 and 7600. For the money these are very good representations, a pleasing step in the right direction from Britains. Whilst both contain one or two paint blemishes and the steering is virtually non existant on my pair of tractors they're still welcome additions to my cabinet displayed collection.

P1170053.jpg

P1170056.jpg

P1170058.jpg

P1170062.jpg

P1170061.jpg

P1170065.jpg

Very nice photos Click Click..

Judging by the pre orders and early sales of these blues who said Britains are finished

I had a few on the carpet with the kids last night..they think I'm nuts..I did mention that I wouldn't be so rough on my precious Mr Purdues versions though ;)

Looks like I'm a weirdo afterall

Whats your thoughts David ? Good value for money ?

Very nice photos Click Click..

Judging by the pre orders and early sales of these blues who said Britains are finished

I had a few on the carpet with the kids last night..they think I'm nuts..I did mention that I wouldn't be so rough on my precious Mr Purdues versions though ;)

Looks like I'm a weirdo afterall

Whats your thoughts David ? Good value for money ?

Aside from the steering niggles Barry, i'm very pleased with them. Credit where it's due to Britains they've produced pair of excellent models that are very good value for money that are equally at home on the carpet farm or in the display cabinet. I've just tested the rear hitch too on the 7600 with a couple of remaining implements I have stored away and it held them up just fine. I reckon that's just what these tractors and last year's slightly more modern International and Case IH tractors are crying out for now from Britains, some suitable age apropriate implements to yoke onto them.

Thanks again for your kind comments. :)

I'm glad you have posted these fine pics David, I looked in a toyshop that stocks Britains yesterday hoping these Fords would be in stock, but unfortunately not until next week apparently. Now I have seen your pics I look forward to getting them, Britains have done a good job at this price level.

Couple of questions, Is the bonnet metal or plastic, and does the lack of steering action look like it can be fixed at all.

76 appears to have more wafer weights than the 66, are there many other little differences like that David ?

some fantastic models judging from your pictures David, i am really looking forward to add these to my collection as well (no surprise there, but i have been skipping most of the latest new releases and been concentrating more on DBP and G&B models creations that rock my boat much more then the UH releases for instance.

I'm glad you have posted these fine pics David, I looked in a toyshop that stocks Britains yesterday hoping these Fords would be in stock, but unfortunately not until next week apparently. Now I have seen your pics I look forward to getting them, Britains have done a good job at this price level.

Couple of questions, Is the bonnet metal or plastic, and does the lack of steering action look like it can be fixed at all.

76 appears to have more wafer weights than the 66, are there many other little differences like that David ?

Thanks ever so much Mark. Mine came from a local country store that I called in at on the off chance they had them. I've bought quite a few Britains toys / models from them in the past. For the money they are excellent toys / models and decent representations of the real tractors, only slightly let down by one or two quality control niggles.

The bonnets and external details on these tractors are plastic whilst there's plenty of metal in the linkage, chassis casting and cab frame. My examples appear to have been put together very solidly, so they should stand up comfortabley to the rigours of carpet farming.

It just appears on my 6600 the steering arrangement has been assembled a little too solidly. Here's photographs of the steering fully functioning on the 7600 showing how it's put together.

P1170069.jpg

P1170073.jpg

P1170078.jpg

The rivets holding together the 6600's steering have been forced together so tightly followed by the paint being applied it's locked completely solid.

As for the differences between both tractors, I reckon there's at least five, six if you count where the writing is placed underneath both tractors. Wafer weights, pre - cleaner and rear wheels are the most noticeable, whilst underneath there's two more key differences.

The 7600.

P1170079.jpg

The 6600

P1170082.jpg

Hope these photographs help.

David.