The Aughton Valley Collection

Wowers.. what a collection... thanks for sharing...

Some nice kit in that lot too... I love the cufflinks too  :D :D - well smart...

Could do with a bit more MF in there I reckon... I'll have to bend your ear at Spalding I think  :D :D :D

Seriously... thanks once again... I do like a good old nose through someone elses cabinet

Wowers.. what a collection... thanks for sharing...

Some nice kit in that lot too... I love the cufflinks too  :D :D - well smart...

Could do with a bit more MF in there I reckon... I'll have to bend your ear at Spalding I think  :D :D :D

Seriously... thanks once again... I do like a good old nose through someone elses cabinet

Thank you Mark,

I agree could do with a bit more Massey red in there :) First Britains tractor I had as a nipper was the dual wheeled 2680. Sadly it went the way of the car boot sale.

There's a man in your cabinet with a camera!!!  :o:D

Stunning collection, huge variety as well. Is it mainly tractors you collect rather than implements or are the implements just not on show?

JCB collection looks nice  :)

Cheers Tris,

Yes almost exclusively tractors and the odd digger to keep my Dad happy. I do have half a dozen or so implements including the Britains Krone baler and Siku Wuhlmaus potatoe harvester tucked away in a draw. Have been tempted by some of the UH implements recently but always ended up buying tractors over them instead.

They may come out of hiding once i've purchased some more cabinet space :)

Joal 4CX is strictly speaking my Dad's it looks quite good in front of the Fastrac line up :)

Big Siku 8000 series version may well be joining them soon.

nice collection,, wish mine were shiny and clean like yours.. would you like some of my dust please

Thank you tractorbob,

Funny you should mention that as they've recently been dusted, they didnt look as nice as that 2 days ago. The cabinet is a recent addition so i've had chance to have a big shift around and give them all a half decent clean :)

Nice collection and a nice variation of colours Walter, I have mine arranged very similar with a shelf for each colour ::) ::)

I know what you mean about implements as well, every time I think about adding an implement then along comes another tractor and goes to the top of the shopping list  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

That is a very nice collection with many diffirent brands.

texas

Thank you Texas

When comes to collecting I have no real brand loyalty towards any model or tractor manufacturer, enjoy having a variety of themes.  :)

Nice collection  ;), i think il have to second Mark with the 'more ferguson in there'  ;D

Thank you Rhys

Agreed, I'm sure that will happen sooner rather than later :)

That is a very nice collection you have there mate, with a great variety of colours too, thanks for posting........ :)

Is the Ford 40 series with ROPS an ERTL model........ ???

Thank you New Holland2

It certainly is mate  :) It's the only 1/16 scale model I own, bought it at Spalding back in '99. It's an Ertl 7740, I think i've seen a cabbed 6640 in the same scale too.

DSC03172.jpg

Nice collection and a nice variation of colours Walter, I have mine arranged very similar with a shelf for each colour ::) ::)

I know what you mean about implements as well, every time I think about adding an implement then along comes another tractor and goes to the top of the shopping list  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Thank you Robbo

I enjoy viewing them all in themed rows, just after another cabinet now to replace one of the other MFI book cases.

I'm exactly the same when it comes to implements, I go out with the best intentions to find a suitable implement to display with one of the tractors only to buy another tractor.  :D

pretty impressive collection there mate,

Cheers Sean

Again it's mostly made up of general releases but there's one or two nice things tucked away in there  :)

brilliant collection, last pic does it for me  8) 7740 ;)

Thanks Murray  :)

I do have a bit of a soft spot for the 7740, my Uncle used to run one with a tanco loader a few years ago, and the farm near York where I get to "play" have a very tidy white roof model which i've been lucky enough to have a go on, if I can get my scanner to work I'll post some pictures I took a couple of years ago of it in the relevant section.

great diversity in models and scales (which i like)  8).

of course the 1 1:16 scale tractor deserves some friends.. (one of the other 7 models by Ertl from the  40-series possibly? ;) ).

and dont fall for the MF-talk by Marky, you are on the good track with those NH and Fords  :D;D;)

Thank you Wil (Just had a look on your very impressive website, some amazing models on there  :o )

Certainly wouldn't mind a 2wd version to keep mine company ( I'll add it to my Spalding shopping list :) )

There's definitely plenty of blue in me when it comes to the real thing, my late Grandad, Dad in his younger days and now my Uncle have known nothing else but Fordson, Fords and now New Holland, and as a kid in the eighties I did grow up around seeing plenty of 10 series tractors on the farm.

When it comes to my model collecting habits, anything goes  :D

Regards

David

Here's a few photos of the very small assortment of implements i've had hiding away attached to some of my collection.

Back when I was carpet farming I had quite an array of Britains implements bought for me as a youngster unfortunately and regrettably they went the way of the car boot sale.

My old Siku Deutz Fahr round baler which escaped the sale.

DSC03196.jpg

Britains New Holland baler bought off a friend in exchange for a pint a couple of years ago.

DSC03177.jpg

My Britains "Elite" Krone big square baler.

DSC03175.jpg

Siku Lemken plough.

DSC03190.jpg

Britains power harrow and drill combination.

DSC03188.jpg

Britains Wright Rain irrigator attached to my most recent tractor purchase.

DSC03185.jpg

Siku Bergmann muck spreader.

DSC03186.jpg

Siku Wuhlmaus potatoe harvester.

DSC03174.jpg

A couple of my Dad's old toys, his home made 1 furrow digger plough for his sand pit ( back in the day ) and the "remains" of his Lister elevator.

DSC03183.jpg

• Like 2

A few nice models there, that cat 375 is worth a few quid now ;)

Thank you JC

That's interesting to know regards the Cat, I bought it as a christmas present for my Dad many years ago from a toy shop in Scarborough, very nice model  :). I also had the Joal Cat 225 until it fell off a work surface and smashed into several pieces, Dad put it back together but I later sold it.

Very nice collection you've got yourself there David  :o :o :o;) ;)

Thanks Si

That is a superb collection David, thoughtfully displayed too.... I would love to be able to get mine out of the giant boxes they're packed away in but the kids would be in there quicker than I could set them out....

Not seen the Olivers before.... look very tidy models.

Any plans for a layout of any sort or some dioramas?

...Back when I was carpet farming I had quite an array of Britains implements bought for me as a youngster unfortunately and regrettably they went the way of the car boot sale...

Sighhhhhhhh.  We all have these "if only I kept..." moments.  I aften regret not keeping my original 1950's collection of Britains and other farm pieces. 

All I am now trying to do is redress the error so I may even have bought some of my own early pieces! 

Lovely collection you have there.

very nice collection mate  ;):)

Thanks dmullen637

That is a superb collection David, thoughtfully displayed too.... I would love to be able to get mine out of the giant boxes they're packed away in but the kids would be in there quicker than I could set them out....

Not seen the Olivers before.... look very tidy models.

Any plans for a layout of any sort or some dioramas?

Thank you Simon

I would love to have some kind of themed layout in the future but i'm a little bit restricted for space being at home with my parents at the moment ( unless I get rid of my bed and sleep on the sofa :) )

However I am looking out for some more cabinet space to replace the shelves. I've only had the one you see in the photos a week, I bought it as a free standing unit from a charity shop for £20, had the legs chopped off it, made a very simple base for it and painted it black. Very pleased with it.

Here's my Oliver 2655.

DSC03198.jpg

Sighhhhhhhh.  We all have these "if only I kept..." moments.  I aften regret not keeping my original 1950's collection of Britains and other farm pieces. 

All I am now trying to do is redress the error so I may even have bought some of my own early pieces! 

Lovely collection you have there.

Thanks Sue

That's amazing, I'd quite like to own some of Britains tractors I had towards the end of the eighties, but for the time being i'm happy to indulge myself in the overwhelming plethora of new releases out there :)