The Aughton Valley Collection

love the latest additions david. i wish i had come to the show now, but i have made a plan and will be going to spalding soon so i was saving my cash till then. i like the look of that doe 150. she looks a stunner. looks like you spent a few bob mate- good on you. the map deere looks a treat as well. the scaledown fordson  roadless is on my radar and could be arriving with me soon. i have a track marshall 155 underway at the moment, and as much as i liked my track marshall 135, i felt it wanted a rebuild and a better paint job so i have stripped it down and am now rebuilding that aswell.hope you have saved some cash for spalding, it will be good to catch up with you. ;)

Thanks ever so much Chris, absolutely delighted with my most recent purchases, so pleased I was able to attend the show on Sunday. I had a great time. The moment I saw the Doe 150 I just knew it would be coming home with me, it's an absolutely fantastic model built by Ken Davies. I seem to have caught the MAP deere "bug" too now and ( pardon the pun ) would dearly love to add a few more to that side of my collection. I'm hoping to dedicate a larger cabinet to my classic John Deere collection later in the year. I'm very smitten with my Roadless Super Major ( again bought fully built up from Ken Davies ) which now sits alongside my 6/4 Ploughmaster. A Roadless Super Dexta might well be next on the cards for me. Really looking forward to seeing your pair of Track Marshalls together given the execellent work you put into building your Scaledown kits. Keeping a close on my pennies now Chris. I've Tractor World at Malvern to attend next which i'm really looking forward to, and then i'll be doing all I can to save up for Spalding. It will definitely be great to catch up with you again there. :) 

• Like 1

Some collection you've got yourself there David......... good job they aren't all 1/16th....... you'd need a 2nd house to store them all in :laugh:  :laugh:

Thanks ever so much Paul. I'm very proud of it and the direction it's now headed in. 1/32nd will always take priority in my collection but I am quite tempted to add a few 1/16th scale tractors to some specific themes residing in my collection. :)

Such a great collection keep going over the photos to see the stuff I have missed really there is so much a real credit to you David.

Thanks ever so much Oliver. I'm very pleased with how it's progressing. It's actually shrunk quite a bit in size over the past year, now that i've almost moved on all my surplus modern models that don't interest me as much anymore. Tractors built largely built in '70s and '80s will gain the most coverage, especially any custom built and converted models. :)

Good to see a 3cyl Ford David. Really like the DBP 4600. :P 3cyl Fords are lacking in 1/32.

Thanks Justin. The DBP 4600 is a cracking little model, absolutely chuffed to bits I had the opportunity to add it to my collection ( thanks Barry  8) ) it's certainly one my favourites. Fully agree with you on the 3 cylinder Ford front too, there is definitely not enough of them out there. I think i've mentioned this before but having viewed them a few times now I do quite like the variations and kits produced by Autodrome of some of the baby Fords. I'm very tempted. :)

Its each to their own David......... life would be sodding boring if we were all the same and collected all the same stuff :)

Still it's one hell of a collection, a credit to you bud :)

Fully agree with you Paul. One of the reason's i'm now thoroughly enjoying building up my own miniature classic tractor heaven. Your own collection and modified models of yours i've seen on display have certainly provided me with plenty of inspiration. Particularly your amazing line up of Does. :)

Thanks again Paul, much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a group photograph of all my most recent additions towards my collection of classics that came home with me from Tractor World at Malvern over the weekend. I'll aim to have close up natural lighting shots of them all and a few line up photographs posted here in due course. Time to start saving for Spalding now. :)

P1270880_zpse97660e3.jpg

is that mf 1250 on 1200 wheels david?

It is indeed Paul. It's a Stephen Frater conversion. My main reason for purchasing that particular conversion is that i've photographed two real examples on single wheels in recent years. Quite keen to add a Brian Norman 1200 to my line up now. :)

Here's a few outside photographs of some of my most recent purchases towards my collection from both Leamington Spa and Malvern. Starting with recent additions to my terracotta line up.

First up my ROS Fiat 1580DT. Lovely model.

P1270908_zps906b3f68.jpg

P1270909_zps0316a892.jpg

P1270910_zpsa5766881.jpg

Moving onto things more modern and the recently released G170 which sits nicely alongside the earlier G240.

P1270889_zps431643ec.jpg

P1270891_zpsc215a6fb.jpg

P1270893_zpsb26c2c68.jpg 

Next up an absolute must for my collection of classics and my addiction to XL cabbed tractors just had to be Schuco's Case IH 1255XL to join my 1455XL variations. Another fantastic release from towards the end of last year.

P1270911_zps16662f6d.jpg

P1270912_zps7903770d.jpg

P1270913_zpsc5221521.jpg

Moving onto a slightly different shade of red and another modified Universal Hobbies 3000 series Massey Ferguson model to join my fleet. It comes in the shape of this wonderfully weathered 3080 from Peter Hardy. That's now five different custom builders I have to thank for 3000 series conversions that now reside in my cabinets.

P1270894_zpsb6c921d9.jpg

P1270895_zpsb727e6df.jpg

P1270896_zpsd51dea9e.jpg

Moving onto this smart Stephen Frater conversion of Universal Hobbies's Massey Ferguson 1250 that has been fitted with the single wheels from the earlier 1200. The main reason I bought this model is because of the following two tractors I photographed in September 2011. They belong to a semi retired farmer I used to live very close to and have  been on the same farm since new.

The real machines......

P1100584_zpsce522477.jpg

P1100591_zps080b30ad.jpg

.......followed by the models in my collection.

P1270901_zpsbf921a44.jpg

P1270903_zps25b1d232.jpg

P1270905_zpsd1befc14.jpg

P1270906_zpsaf757abc.jpg 

Whilst here's my Stephen Frater converted Super Q cabbed County 1474. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I have seen a real example fitted with this cab in Classic Tractor and this was my main reason for purchasing this model to alongside my standard Universal Hobbies version.

P1270925_zps76d7a0a0.jpg

P1270926_zps6c875f39.jpg

P1270927_zps6c678e0b.jpg

Moving onto some recent Ford conversions to join Aughton Valley. Starting with this lovely Scaledown Roadless Ploughmaster I bought fully built up from Cenfyn Davies to join my expanding Roadless fleet. It's now keeping my Scaledown 6/4 Ploughmaster company on one of my shelves.

Here's a pair of full size examples i've photographed followed by the fantastic models.

IMGroadless_0003_zps348c7c01.jpg

IMGf500_0022_zps08dd7ea8.jpg

P1270914_zps31d1d057.jpg

P1270915_zps48ff5b05.jpg

P1270916_zpsc2d17b17.jpg

P1270919_zps95c59c96.jpg

A further blue conversion theme i've started to develop is a collection of Doe models. I already had a DBP 5100 in my collection, but having been inspired by Paul Whitehead's display of Doe's most famous product, their tandem tractors decided to dedicate some space towards models of these tractors aswell. The blue touch paper was lit when I visited Leamington Spa and was shown a Doe 150 that Cenfyn Davies had started to build in limited numbers. I couldn't resist, and ended up coming home with one, promising myself i'd look towards acquiring a 130 to sit alongside it.

....and here it is, another of Ken's stunning builds.

P1270957_zpse5728aec.jpg

P1270958_zpsbd5e0883.jpg

P1270959_zpsf8e2ff70.jpg

Followed by the equally impressive 150.

P1270953_zps734f49f4.jpg

P1270954_zpse006943c.jpg

P1270955_zps6e02ce6f.jpg 

Whilst down at Malvern I also bought another Doe related model from Ken Davies, although not strictly an original Doe product. The model was originally built by Bill Richardson. I remember Bill's amazing model converting skills and paintings from when I attended the Spring Spalding show both in 1998 and 1999. The tractor is based around two Ford 7000 tractors effectively making it an unofficial Doe 188, although more commonly dubbed a 180. A full size version caused plenty of hype and controversy a few years ago in various magazines and on ebay, which is the main reason this model now lines up alongside the 130 and 150. I'm very, very smitten with this line up.

P1270961_zps181c1845.jpg

P1270962_zps9ef212b6.jpg

P1270963_zps76ddf7d7.jpg

P1270967_zpse16f013c.jpg

P1270972_zpsef03962f.jpg

As with Chris's collection, David you collect some absolutely stunning models and put them about in such a nice way. The money you have spent I bet you don't like to think about though. ... house deposit?!! :lol:

Do you record your purchases in any way? Can you say exactly how many you have, or even a rough estimate?

As with Chris's collection, David you collect some absolutely stunning models and put them about in such a nice way. The money you have spent I bet you don't like to think about though. ... house deposit?!! :ha ha!:

Do you record your purchases in any way? Can you say exactly how many you have, or even a rough estimate?

Thank you ever so much Tris. Very proud of my collection it's current state. Thoroughly enjoy having them all on display out of their boxes, aswell as having them lined up outside for a "photo shoot" every now and again. :)

The enjoyment I gain from the custom built models I largely choose to collect nowadays more than takes my mind off the amount money i've spent on them. A house deposit has been mentioned quite a few times from friends, but just at the moment I know what i'd prefer to invest my spare pennies in. :)

I only have a photographic record of them all at the moment, but I am planning on properly collating them all in a database in due course. I currently have 265 ( or very close to ) model tractors on display plus a handful of implements too. I do keep entertaining the thought of adding some period implements to go with some of my tractors.....a Cenfyn Davies Kidd Rotoflail or Bamfords Wuffler would go down a treat, but i'll probably end up with more tractors before this happens. :)