The Aughton Valley Collection

Of all the people, Cenfyn's implements could not be a better choice for some of these models, David. He has some lovely models.... Not that I am in anyway trying to persuade you into anything of course.. ... :lol:

• Like 1

Of all the people, Cenfyn's implements could not be a better choice for some of these models, David. He has some lovely models.... Not that I am in anyway trying to persuade you into anything of course.. ... :ha ha!:

Totally agree with you Tris, he builds some absolutely stunning implements just the right era for the tractors I have....we'll see what Spalding brings. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Some how missed you posting up all these new additions to your collection , those ford 67's and 7710's are very smart indeed ,

Thanks Shawn, they are the work of David Purdue. Really pleased with them all, i'd love a 7700 now. I've another batch of custom built classics that I came home from Spalding with to photograph and post here. I've just about now sold off all the remaining modern tractors in my collection. Classics all the way! :)

• Like 1

Well i've been putting my D.I.Y. skills to the test this afternoon building my eighth display cabinet. This is the first new cabinet i've bought to house some of my collection in. It's a flat pack effort from Argos that I bought at a considerabley discounted price. It fits really well into the space I acquired it for, and will now play host to my International / Case IH collection.....best get it filled up. :)

P1290006_zps7c18832c.jpg

david,what is your cut off point,as you have said you are not really interested in new tractors,so what is your decision  of what period not to buy?

My unofficial cut off point at the moment is the mid nineties, although there are some small exceptions to this rule Paul. Just so long as they fit nicely into the themes I choose to collect and I have some connection to them. Whether they be tractors i've driven, seen, or photographed then there will always be one or two tractor ranges that breach the collecting criteria i'm endeavouring to stick to these days. Tractor ranges such as New Holland's TM and Genesis ranges and Massey Ferguson's 8200 and 6200 series are prime examples of this. However given I was born in the '80s the bulk of the models to appear in my collection will definitely be from this decade and the '70s.

Even though i've photographed a huge amount of up to date real kit with my camera on my travels in the last few years I really have no desire anymore to collect really modern models any more. There would have to be an extra special reason or exceptional circumstance for me to buy any recent models. The Schuco Challenger 680B combine harvester being the most modern model in my collection I would never part with having discovered a real one on evaluation over here in 2009. :)   

The resultant extra space vacated by the above theme has now meant my ever expanding collection of blue machines have gained a little more breathing room. I've now decided to dedicate this cabinet to my Ford conversions with my various County, Roadless and Doe models taking centre stage in this particular cabinet now.

P1290010_zps1e228bea.jpg

P1290011_zps96854c47.jpg

P1290012_zps75378b55.jpg

P1290013_zpse76e968d.jpg

P1290015_zpsee376145.jpg

Which in turn has freed up more space in my main Ford cabinet for my TW and "bubble cab blues" collection to expand.

P1290016_zps5283e351.jpg

P1290019_zps0c3a7357.jpg

Whilst here's the most modern shelf in my blue collection with my recently purchased PDC TM-190 and Peter Hardy weathered 6640SL now in attendance.

P1290020_zps04588aaa.jpg 

Before I post photographs of my most recent additions I purchased from Spalding I thought I would give my second Miniagripassion John Deere to join my collection some fresh air. It comes in the shape of this 4wd 4240S. Definitely a favourite of mine, that now joins my 4440 HFWD. :)

First, here's a pair of real 4240S tractors i've photographed at both York Machinery Sale in 2005, and the Newark Tractor and Heritage Show back in 2011.

IMGjd_0005_zps4cb2305e.jpg

P1120328_zps7dd8ff52.jpg

Whilst here's the model.

P1290034_zps3670d394.jpg

P1290036_zps05850762.jpg

P1290035_zps8a29bd63.jpg

P1290037_zpsddf9c094.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for replying david,interesting,i see where you are coming from

My unofficial cut off point at the moment is the mid nineties, although there are some small exceptions to this rule Paul. Just so long as they fit nicely into the themes I choose to collect and I have some connection to them. Whether they be tractors i've driven, seen, or photographed then there will always be one or two tractor ranges that breach the collecting criteria i'm endeavouring to stick to these days. Tractor ranges such as New Holland's TM and Genesis ranges and Massey Ferguson's 8200 and 6200 series are prime examples of this. However given I was born in the '80s the bulk of the models to appear in my collection will definitely be from this decade and the '70s.

Even though i've photographed a huge amount of up to date real kit with my camera on my travels in the last few years I really have no desire anymore to collect really modern models any more. There would have to be an extra special reason or exceptional circumstance for me to buy any recent models. The Schuco Challenger 680B combine harvester being the most modern model in my collection I would never part with having discovered a real one on evaluation over here in 2009. :)   

Continuing where I left off with the John Deere theme, and the first of my Spalding purchases. It comes in the shape of this 7020 articulated tractor from Ertl which is the first of the National Farm Toy Show models, a series I have finally been able to fully complete.....until the 2013 edition, a White 4-210 is released later in the year, I can't wait!

I now have three 7020 series tractors residing in my collection, however i'm very keen to add another model to this line up, the 7520 collector edition. If anyone is aware of where I can purchase one of these models, or is able to offer me one please drop me a PM on the forum.

Before the models here's a pair of real 7020 and 7520 tractors imported by collectors in recent years that I photographed on show at the Newark Tractor and Heritage Show.

P1120621_zpsb2078603.jpg

P1120627_zpse17e62cf.jpg

P1290039_zps7ab94d34.jpg

P1290040_zps35d1c30e.jpg

P1290041_zpsca6c248c.jpg

P1290043_zpsd25bbbcf.jpg

Moving next onto my collection of classic International tractors. The most recent addition to this part of my collection is this Spec Cast 1456 Turbo made in 1/32nd scale made for the Lafayette Show. This is the second in the series of these resin cast models Spec Cast have made and definitely an improvement on the 1206 which whilst residing in of my cabinets, I wasn't all that complimentary about. At least they managed get the seat much nearer the correct scale on this occasion.

P1290046_zps238e3853.jpg 

P1290047_zps2f347215.jpg

P1290049_zps686b4a23.jpg

P1290050_zpsc13794cb.jpg

• Like 1

For the first time in a while I added a model to my collection from my childhood carpet farming days. Back in the late '80s / early '90s one of the first Siku toy tractors my Mum and Dad bought me for my carpet farm was this Renault 145.14 equipped with rear backhoe. I spent many a happy hour playing with this tractor alongside my Britains Renaults. In the latter stages of it's life it spent most of it's time getting down and dirty on the "sand table" my Dad built for my brother and I before being sold in the carboot "cull."

I found this mint-in-box example lurking towards the back of Martyn Reeve's stand at Spalding. Absolutely delighted to have found one of these for my collection. As the following photograph shows, it brings back a lot of happy memories.

IMGsandtable_0001_zpsea3bac1e.jpg 

P1290052_zps30d983fc.jpg

P1290053_zpsff4dfcad.jpg

P1290054_zpsaedbc696.jpg

P1290058_zps25c1175d.jpg

Whilst here's another 1200 to join my collection, and one of my all time favourite models in my collection, built by Brian Norman. I've been hankering after one of these for a while, and I absolutely love it. It has been superbly put together and feels so much more "solid" than any of Universal Hobbies efforts. It was also great to purchase this model from Brian himself at Spalding.

P1290063_zpsf8fb99b1.jpg

P1290064_zps90dff3e1.jpg

P1290065_zps88ce07f0.jpg

P1290066_zpsf5423c8c.jpg

P1290068_zpse94e790b.jpg

P1290069_zps56cb3048.jpg

Whilst at Spalding I also added to my line up of 3000 series Massey Ferguson conversions. I now have ten converted models in this particular line up and this is the second 4 cylinder example to be conceived. When I visited the Lakeland Show last year I handed a slightly damaged standard Universal Hobbies 3080 to one of my favourite custom converters, Paul Capon. Completed ready for Spalding here's what Paul transformed the 3080 into: A 3070 on Universal Hobbies Claas / Renault Celtis wheels without front weights. This model represents the real machine pictured below that I drove for an afternoon on a friend's farm almost a dozen years ago. I am absolutely chuffed to bits with this model and i'm very greatful to Paul for building it for me.

MF30702_zps64ce75bf.jpg

P1290075_zps62b14bca.jpg

P1290072_zpsc4477d7b.jpg

P1290073_zps56d7bf67.jpg

P1290075_zps62b14bca.jpg

Stunning purchases Click click

Really shows off the MAP JD4240S love them

Those blue shelves really looks the business mate

Thanks ever so much Barry. Very pleased with how my collection is developing. Delighted with my Minniagripassion John Deere models too. Very difficult to pick a favourite from the 4240S and 4440 HFWD. Hoping to add at least a couple more to this part of my classic collection in due course. As for my blue shelves. They are certainly expanding at a much more rapid rate than the rest of my collection. I've lots more ideas and potential purchases for this side of my collection. I'm craving a long nose DBP County 1474, and hopefully i'll be able to convince Paul to build me a 2wd Ford 8210 aswell. ;)

.....and speaking of my blue collection here's another PDC gem to join my bubble cabbed Fords. It comes in the shape of this 4wd 7910. I bought an 8210 conversion from Paul at the Lakeland show and was rather keen to have a 7910 built too based upon a photograph i'd taken of one at the World Ploughing Championships in Lincolnshire in the Millenium year. Gievn my fascination with subtle differences between the models in any particular range of tractor I choose to collect I requested no front weights on the 7910 to differentiate from my 8210. Paul duly obliged and created the following lovely model for my collection.

First up, the real deal:

IMGfords_0002_zpsf1ada328.jpg

Paul's wonderful model.

P1290076_zps25436cf8.jpg

P1290077_zpsaad5dc48.jpg

P1290078_zps6f10ecb8.jpg

P1290079_zps60ed251c.jpg

Like that 7910 David. I would change the decals tough to a bigger font like the pic of the real deal . That would really set her off! ;)

Thanks Justin, Paul has done a great job on this model and it looks a treat lined up alongside my PDC and DBP 8210 tractors. The larger font on the decals would certainly look nice, but i'm more than happy with the end result Paul has achieved. :)