The Aughton Valley Collection

After seeing this I had to go and have a look in my cabinet at my MAP John Deere 4240S as I know I had assembled the exhaust nearest to the cab and the air intake further away. It would seem that I got it right as on the real deal it is that way round

I'll admit Mike I automatically assumed they went in that order. I'll have it swapped next time I visit my collection. On the subject of the 4240S, definitely high on my shopping list to give the 4440 a shelf partner. I also photographed this tidy example at Newark in 2011.

P1120328_zpsaa4b35dd.jpg

Love the red line ups david, especially that 2wd weathered 844. Whats the 300 series mf???

Thanks Pete, appreciated. Chuffed to bits with the 844 the 2wd axle is from a Replicagri International 624. The 300 series Massey Ferguson is a DBP 390T. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have some much better line up photographs of the following models I added to my collection from LAMMA today in due course once they're returned to their new home. For the time being here's a quick run down of what I came home with. Really pleased with them all, especially my Fiat Versatile 44-28 beautifully converted by Martyn Reeve. 

The big Fiat along with Nottinghamshire contractor and collector Paul Ducksbury's real example on display at the Newark Tractor and Heritage Show 2011 for comparison.

P1260663_zpse49fea8e.jpg

P1120209_zpsd0317190.jpg

P1120208_zps84ebfd4a.jpg

I also ended up purchasing the Versatile version as well, the base model for Martyn's excellent reincarnation. I also bought a number of items for my "blue" collection including the grey bonnet Universal Hobbies County Super 4 in 1/16th scale, a model i've been searching for a while now. 

P1260666_zpsce56f9bd.jpg

• Like 2

lovely additions david. a little birdy told me you was at lamma and had a spend up. the fiat is lovely isnt it. i am also adding a county super 4 to my collection. a scaledown new performance variant is currently under construction.look forward to your more detailed pics in due course.

lovely additions david. a little birdy told me you was at lamma and had a spend up. the fiat is lovely isnt it. i am also adding a county super 4 to my collection. a scaledown new performance variant is currently under construction.look forward to your more detailed pics in due course.

Thanks ever so much Chris, absolutely chuffed to bits with this latest batch of models to join my collection. The big Fiat is a gem of a model, Martyn has made an absolute top job of it. It's definitely my favourite classic articulated tractor in my collection. It also means a bit more to me than some of the other artics residing in my collection given the fact that i've photographed a real one, and all being well i'm hoping to visit another two real machines with my camera as well this year. :)

Whilst i've never really got into collecting 1/16th scale model tractors in a big way i've ended up with a full shelf of Universal Hobbies County tractors, the grey version having proved very illusive for a good while now until I noticed the one Martyn had for sale. I must admit, now I have a lot more space for my collection i've had a few thoughts as to potentially expanding my 1/16th scale collection to other manufacturers, again specific to classic era tractors.

Can't wait to see your Scaledown Super 4 built up and lined in alongside the rest of your lovely Ford conversions. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For various reasons i've very recently moved back in with my Mum and Dad which has meant uprooting myself for the first time in my life away from North Yorkshire to be with them in South Yorkshire. It's also meant for the time being, i've also been reunited with my collection again, and i've already being paying it some attention since i've arrived. Cabinet seven is due to arrive tommorow, which i'm looking forward to setting up, whilst here's my recent LAMMA purchases out in the fresh air today for a small photo shoot.

Starting with the Universal Hobbies weathered Ford TW-25 and Bomford cultivator. Truth be told i'm not a huge fan of UH's attempts at the "muddy effect" on their models. They look like they've been dunked in the contents of a Leeds Festival port-a-loo. It's the main reason I never bothered with the 7810 they also gave this treatment to. That said, i'm a huge fan of anything TW, and being the right price decided to add this variation to my collection. The plan is to now dedicate a shelf ( or two ) exclusively to the TW range of tractors. :)

Here's the real deal that still works on a farm I used to live very close to.

DSC04716_zps93b30575.jpg

DSC04717_zps77425924.jpg

DSC04735_zps56a975b1.jpg

....and the model.

P1260683_zpsc20bb1df.jpg

P1260685_zpse85fd90e.jpg

P1260686_zps058d457c.jpg

• Like 2

I just love that description of the UH attempt at weathering, I had to laugh out loud and Mrs R wanted to know what I was laughing at ;D ;D

Thanks Mike. :) I don't know why but it was the first thought that entered my head when I removed the model from it's packaging. I've had a good look at some of these manufacturer made "muddy effect" models recently. The big dual wheeled Schuco Fendt 626 LSA being one of the others. Maybe it's down to the mass production techniques involved but they are nowhere close to being realistic compared to some of the magnificent efforts that the low volume production custom builders produce.  

• Like 1

Whilst i've almost exclusively been purchasing 1/32nd models for my collection I do have a few larger scale tractors that i've dedicated shelf space to. Being a massive fan of all things Ford and Fordson conversions one such theme has been the variations of County tractors produced in 1/16th scale by Universal Hobbies. 

On my visit to LAMMA I was able to add to another model to this line up in the shape of this grey bonnet "New Performance" Fordson Super Major based Super 4 tractor. A model I have been searching for ages for. :)

Here's an example of the real tractor I discovered in the County line up at the Millenium gathering at Newark Show Ground.

IMGcounty6_0004_zps6c966c41.jpg

P1260707_zps98fff844.jpg

P1260709_zps04d7129a.jpg

Lined up together with my other 1/16th scale County tractors.

P1260713_zps56c9b603.jpg

P1260712_zpsb8a3d92d.jpg

P1260714_zps5c7eceb5.jpg

Whilst here's the original Ertl Toy Farmer Versatile 950 Martyn's model was based on.

P1260690_zpsfb2a068d.jpg

P1260691_zps46a81c2e.jpg

P1260692_zps50371486.jpg

All set for work...My 44-28 and 950 are joined by dual wheeled 835. Having spent some time developing my Steiger and Ford FW fleets i'd really to add some of the older red and yellow Versatile models to my collection too this year. :)

P1260695_zps982b323f.jpg

great upates david, stunning pictures as usual. what is next on your shopping list then mate?

Thanks ever so much Chris, appreciated. Very good question!  ;D  I think for the time being i'm looking towards filling out some of the line ups further with a few of the existing releases that are out there prior to the start of show season. Models such as the UH Ford TW-25 2wd, Schuco Case IH 1255XL, Weise Fendt 306 2wd and any of the ROS and Replicagri Fiats i'm still missing. Cabinet number 7 arriving tommorow, so i'm preparing for another big shift around! :) 

• Like 1

I've just received cabinet number seven safe and sound from the British Heart Foundation. By far the biggest second hand cabinet i've bought to date. The plan is to house my New Holland / Ford and Fiatagri collections within this space, whilst the cabinets to the left will be reorganised with my Case IH and International models. The intention being to create a classic "CNH" corner to my collection room. :)

P1260721_zps4e2ae815.jpg

This thread is so enjoyable look at all them models I love it great new cabinet and for a worthy cause to nice one.

Thank you Oliver, appreciate your very kind comments and it's also great to hear you're enjoying my collecting exploits. So far i've bought all my cabinets second hand from charity shops and found some real bargains along the way. I'm also not that bothered about them being different colours and styles. The majority have come from St Catherines Hospice stores which i'd always offer my support to given how fantastic they were at looking after my Grandad just before he passed away some twenty years ago. :)

Guest WiltsMF

Thank you Oliver, appreciate your very kind comments and it's also great to hear you're enjoying my collecting exploits. So far i've bought all my cabinets second hand from charity shops and found some real bargains along the way. I'm also not that bothered about them being different colours and styles. The majority have come from St Catherines Hospice stores which i'd always offer my support to given how fantastic they were at looking after my Grandad just before he passed away some twenty years ago. :)

Yeah makes you feel like you putting something back into this marvelous places.

Completed another big shift around today of the majority of my collection and filled my latest cabinet with nearly all of my "blue collection." I decided to remove the lighting but have kept it just in case I decide to use in another cabinet.

From top to bottom:

P1260731_zpsbe6daf27.jpg

P1260730_zpscd9f9532.jpg

P1260727_zpsf82c2317.jpg

P1260725_zpsaecacd0a.jpg

You are developing quite a special collection there David.

Is the room solely for models or are you ging to have to squeeze a bed in there :laugh:

If you get a chance could you possibly post a couple of close up pics of your Scaledown Ford 5000 ;)

You are developing quite a special collection there David.

Is the room solely for models or are you ging to have to squeeze a bed in there :laugh:

If you get a chance could you possibly post a couple of close up pics of your Scaledown Ford 5000 ;)

Thanks ever so much Mark. Really pleased with how it's evolved and i've lots ideas on how i'd like to expand it whilst sticking to collecting the slightly older tractors from now on. :)

This room is my own little haven of model tractors that Mum and Dad have pretty much said do what you want with, which i'm very greatful for. My long term plan is to fill out underneath the wall mounted cupboards with cabinets and replace the two smaller cabinets as well. Whilst the property i've moved to is to all intents and pursposes a bungalow, the room i'm renting is a dorma "upstairs" bedroom added by the previous occupants. :)

Here's a couple close ups of the Scaledown 5000. Gorgeous model. 

If you would like any further views of this model Mark, i'll happily take a few more photographs of it in the daylight tommorow. :)

P1130510_zps0869f0d8.jpg

P1130511_zpse69a79f4.jpg

• Like 1