The Aughton Valley Collection

Here's another special request Paul ( PDC ) very kindly completed for me, a 2wd Q cabbed Ford 8210. I think it's looks great runing on the Schuco John Deere 3120 rear tyres.

Here's a real example I photographed in 2009.

DSC032821_zps29cc0065.jpg

...followed by Paul's conversion. Another model i'm absolutely chuffed to bits with.

P1380665_zps34c3e8ca.jpg

P1380668_zps57f7b01a.jpg

P1380666_zpsa52bedec.jpg

P1380667_zpsc833ecf8.jpg

Lined up with my 4wd PDC conversion and dual wheeled DBP example.

P1380675_zpse1073c6d.jpg

• Like 1

Moving onto my collection of Roadless models. This is my most recent addition to my fleet of G & B models in the shape of this stunning cabless 95.

P1380685_zps60037f3c.jpg

P1380683_zps6df791c3.jpg

P1380684_zps7aa23f3a.jpg

Alongside the earlier cabless 95 that was released last year. I've been told there is going to be a Duncan cabbed version of this tractor due out aswell.

P1380686_zps5e5a8864.jpg

• Like 1

Heck. The BLUES just keep coming. Fantastic additions there David. Reeves 7700 is a real nice model.  ;)

I can't help myself Justin, I do love my blues! :)  Whilst i've really enjoyed adding to some of my other manufacturer line ups recently my fleet of Fords and associated conversions has grown considerabley larger than the rest and now stands at 108 models out of the 350 I have on display in my cabinets. Martyn's 7700 is stunning and along with Paul's lovely 8700 i'm chuffed to bits to have a set of custom made 700 series Ford tractors lined up together. I already have a few more ideas as to how i'd like my Q cabbed and Super Q cabbed Ford collections to expand further. :)

BOR is building a set of New Holland 717 precision chop harvesters next month. It would look fantabulous behind that 8700 with the 7700 running alongside with a Marston 12 tonner in tow.

Smashing pics as always.

Fully agree with you Stan, I really ought to invest in some classic custom built implements to display with some of the classic era model tractors I have gathered up. I've contemplated it for a while now but always ended up investing more tractors instead. :)

Thanks again Stan. Hopefully if the weather improves i'll aim to finish off photographing the rest of my recent purchases outside in the next few days. :)

I can't help myself Justin, I do love my blues! :)  Whilst i've really enjoyed adding to some of my other manufacturer line ups recently my fleet of Fords and associated conversions has grown considerabley larger than the rest and now stands at 108 models out of the 350 I have on display in my cabinets. Martyn's 7700 is stunning and along with Paul's lovely 8700 i'm chuffed to bits to have a set of custom made 700 series Ford tractors lined up together. I already have a few more ideas as to how i'd like my Q cabbed and Super Q cabbed Ford collections to expand further. :)

You will have to go looking for a few 3 cyls Fords David,cause I think you have every 4 & 6 cyl covered. Twice over in some cases!!!!  ;D  ;)

• Like 1

You will have to go looking for a few 3 cyls Fords David,cause I think you have every 4 & 6 cyl covered. Twice over in some cases!!!!  ;D  ;)

That seems to have become one of my biggest fascinations regards my own collecting habits Justin. Having subtle variations of the same model number lined up together, especially within my fleet of blues. :) As for 3 cylinder variations, fully agree with you it would be very nice to add a few more variations to sit with my DBP Q cabbed 4600. I'd absolutely love Q cabbed 4600 and 4610 4wd tractors aswell some of the smaller tractors from the 7A1 range too.....4100 perhaps. :) 

• Like 1

Without doubt one of my favourite line ups residing in my "red shed" just has to be my fleet of modified Massey Ferguson 3000 series models. At Spalding I was able to cross another two model numbers off my wish list thanks to Paul Capon's custom building skills. Both models were built from photographs of the real tractors I had found on the internet.

Starting with the third 4 cylinder conversion to join the fleet in the shape of this 3075. It comes fitted with Schuco rear tyres and Siku front tyres aswell as an Imber front linkage.

P1380702_zps218db96b.jpg

P1380700_zps78db539b.jpg

P1380699_zps263bf29a.jpg

Whilst here's my lovely chunky looking 3090 fitted with the wheels and tyres from a UH Deutz K series tractor I bought from Paul's good friend Russ.

P1380704_zps6b6678e0.jpg

P1380705_zpsd2e626a8.jpg

P1380703_zps300f35b7.jpg

Another range of tractors i've always thought look the business were Case IH's early short winged Magnums. I can recall a number of them working on farms and for contractors close to where I used to live when I was much younger. I've been told there is still a tweaked 7120 working for a farm I used to live just two miles away from which i'm planning on visiting in due course with my camera.

Here's a 7120 my Dad photographed on demonstration with a six furrow reversible Dowdeswell plough in the early '90s.

CaseIH7120_zps1c32df9b.jpg

Whilst here's a 7140 on duals at a working day I attended in 2002.

CaseIH71402_zpse530f282.jpg

Moving onto the recently released Ertl Prestige series model based on the 7130. It's a very ice representation but given the detail afforded to this model is no more and no less than the smart Britains John Deeres also recently released some people may question the £30 price tag. There's certainly room for improvement on the overall finish of the model too. It's still nice to have one sat in one of my cabinets, and as we have seen already on the forum looks like a great candidate for converting too.

P1380708_zpsf7edfa93.jpg

P1380709_zps6953d226.jpg

P1380707_zps568ab2e0.jpg

P1380706_zps9ca55968.jpg

Next up, a theme that I haven't added to in a long while. My fleet of Mercedes Benz MB-Tracs. One such model i've been missing for a while is Schuco's version of the 1800 model which I picked up from Bazza at Spalding. I did once have the black version of this tractor in my collection, but prefer the standard green livery adorning these tractors so I sold that particular model last year. I also have the white and brown/red Britains 1500 with the hopper which is a childhood favourite of mine. My plans for this line up now is to keep an eye out for some of the older Siku 800 variations in standard colours, and possibly a conversion or two in Zwolle.

P1380711_zpscc0e76b7.jpg 

P1380712_zps17b2f42d.jpg

P1380713_zps180661ab.jpg

P1380716_zpsa933c69b.jpg

• Like 1

Here's my fleet of 7020 series John Deere articulated tractors which has grown further in light of a recent Spalding purchase. Back at the Spring Show I was jumping around like a kid at Christmas having found a very reasonabley priced N.F.T.S 7020 which I had been searching a very long time for. I realised then I was still missing at least one other model from this particular line up. Whilst having a good look on Martyn Reeve's stand at the recent Autumn Show I found the version I was missing. The Collector Edition 7520 which is the most detailed of the four models I have in this line up. I'm delighted to have put together this line up together espceially as I have photographed both 7020 and 7520 tractors in preservation over here. Big thanks to Mr Softie ( Brian ) aswell, who's own collection has provided me with a fantastic reference point regards the John Deere articulated tractors I have hoping find for my own collection.

P1120621_zps3efa58c1.jpg 

P1120627_zpsb8328cec.jpg

P1380728_zpsb54a3fe2.jpg

P1380729_zpsda1cf3b0.jpg

P1380730_zpsc7adfbe8.jpg

P1380731_zpsa1cd3c76.jpg

a fine fine collection David,i must admit those britains jd's really look the buisness,my collection is depleting,to many models not enough room on the layout to show them off and a lot of the models i have no tie with,so selling off a few,your collection continues to grow David,thanks for posting up