"Walter Derwent's" Other Machines Past and Present

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon is going to cuddle you for all you are worth when he see's that  ;):D

Nice machine, seen some work by the looks of her.

Yes noticed a very smart Dominator on his website :)

It belongs to a local farmer, bought second hand a few years ago to replace a Senator.

A beauty for sure.... I think if I were to marry anything other than my wife it would be a Dominator..... a lot like my wife really..... More please David.....  ;D

More of a slightly newer model on the way Simon, just need to find the photos  ;)

Keep them coming Walter - fantastic collection of pictures you have there ;D

Cheers Colm, keep finding more and more I forgot I actually had from the past 10 -15 years :)

Having seen Niels topic on those astonishing scratch built brass Amac ZM2 self propelled harvesters, here's the Vista cabbed version I spotted in a field on the way back from Driffield Steam Fair.

(Apologies for attributing your topic to the wrong forum member mate, drinking beer and reading forums doesn't mix  :) )

Regards

David

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

Nice TF44 there David  :) The guys I am working for have a TF42, an old one mind but she earns her crust ever year contracting. As for the Homer, what a strange looking machine!

Thanks Tris, I've always liked the look of the big TFs, may have to have a ride over this summer to were I saw this one as I think there's a few more working in the area.

Some where in a wallet i've some working photos of a TF46 I went along to see on a friend's farm a few years ago, very impressive machine, i'll get them dug out and scanned.  :)

I've only ever seen anything like the Holmer in magazines before and in other topics on here, I'm assuming the Terra Variant is a platform machine that can be used with other equipment.

Yeah the Holmer is basically a power plant David, Sytems Tractor or something they call them. Bit like OnTop etc.

There was a TF46 running riot round here somewhere a year or too back. A friend of mine was telling me about it. It was cutting with a Lexion 570 super duper fancey all singing all dancing thing. . .. and was stripping it of any decency too!! :D

Nice Amac pictures Walter :D. Funny to see the very English approach of putting a sorting table at the back still! A shame that it will decrease the machines capacity a lot.

Looking forward to see more stuff. The TF pictures you mentioned sound superb  8).

Yeah the Holmer is basically a power plant David, Sytems Tractor or something they call them. Bit like OnTop etc.

There was a TF46 running riot round here somewhere a year or too back. A friend of mine was telling me about it. It was cutting with a Lexion 570 super duper fancey all singing all dancing thing. . .. and was stripping it of any decency too!! :D

It was a seriously impressive machine when I went to see it, it's still on the same farm and another place i'm hoping to return to this year, as they also run a bubble cabbed Ford TW-25 which I haven't got pictures of, now that would be a nice to see running along side the TF46 :)

Nice Amac pictures Walter :D. Funny to see the very English approach of putting a sorting table at the back still! A shame that it will decrease the machines capacity a lot.

Looking forward to see more stuff. The TF pictures you mentioned sound superb  8).

Thanks Niels, they're on the way along with lots of other machines ;)

Here's the other machine to appear on the Holmer stand last year a big 6 row sugar beet harvester.

DSC01547.jpg

....and talking of Lexions here's a second hand 480 seen on the Combine World stand.

DSC01426.jpg

As promised a local behemoth, a New Holland TF46 :)

These photographs were taken on a disposable camera approximately 6 years ago so they're not that sharp but hopefully do a little bit of justice to an absolute monster of a machine. The farm this belongs to can also call upon the services of TF44 from another location at peak times and also used to run a very tidy red Deutz - Fahr. I'll post pictures of the very tidy Case International 956XL and JCB Fastrac 1135 4WS that were leading the crop away in my "tractor" topic.

NewHollandTF463.jpg

NewHollandTF464.jpg

NewHollandTF465.jpg

NewHollandTF462.jpg

NewHollandTF46.jpg

NewHollandTF466.jpg

Nice piece of combining history you have there Walter. Using a manual camera makes it look a lot longer ago then 'just' six years.

Does this farm still uses the combine or have they replaced it?

Thanks Niels, it really is one of the most impressive "classic" combines working in the area, they're still using it and it's kept in really tidy condition. Because of the poor weather last summer they also ran TF44 along side the TF46 which came from another farm the company owns. I'm really good friends with the daughter of the family who run this farm so i'm planning on visiting a lot more with my digital camera to get some proper pictures this year as it's only 2 miles away from where I live.

I'm really good friends with the daughter of the family who run this farm so I'm planning on visiting a lot more with my digital camera

I'm not sure if you are only going to see the combines or if the daughter plays a part in it as well  ;)?

great pics mate, keep posting  ;):);)

Thanks mate, more on the way  ;)

[quote author=walterderwent link=topic=25579.msg521167#msg521167 date=1233442311

I'm really good friends with the daughter of the family who run this farm so I'm planning on visiting a lot more with my digital camera

I'm not sure if you are only going to see the combines or if the daughter plays a part in it as well  ;)?

Just good friends mate ;)

Here's the John Deere harvesters I took at Cereals last year.

T670i

DSC01434.jpg

Older model 9880i STS on a Maize header.

DSC01436.jpg

Lastly an S690i guarding the gates.

DSC01572.jpg

Nice post of combines through the years ;) ;)

Thank you BC, continuing the "through the ages" theme, here's a group of Massey Ferguson harvesters, starting with a bagger version of a 31? seen at a working day near Northallerton, followed by a much newer 865 seen in a dealer's yard near the coast.

Final set of photos of Activa, Beta and Cerea machines taken at Cereals 2008.

MF31.jpg

MF865.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

The MF 865 and others like it must be some of the most impressive combines ever build. You don't happen to have any pictures from one working or any like it do you?  :D

I'm afraid I haven't mate  :( I do the know the whereabouts of one about 20 miles away from where I live, belongs to farmer/contractor. Hopefully i'll see it working and some more on my travels and get some photos this summer. :)