"Walter Derwent's" Other Machines Past and Present

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to have a laugh at that second last photo David.... it looks to me as it could fly ;) ;)

First time i've seen one as old as this Bill, i've seen and photographed much newer versions of the Melroe Spray Coupe at Cereals before, will have a look for the pictures, very interesting looking machine :)

Not going far with the tow bar though Bill :D :D

It definitely wasn't moving anywhere without a tow.  ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've yet to get my camera pointed in the direction of any up to date harvesting action this year, so here's a couple of International machines I photographed from very different eras working at the brilliant Little Casterton working event a few years ago.

First up Ron Knight's magnificent International 31T being pulled by a Caterpillar D2 followed by a B64:

IMGihc_0003.jpg

IMGihc_0001.jpg

IMGihc_0002.jpg

IMGihc_0006.jpg

IMGihc_0005.jpg

IMGihc_0004.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been sifting through more older loose wallets of photographs this afternoon and come up with this selection of threshing machines and associated equipment both myself and Dad have photographed over the years from a wide variety of working days and events.

IMGtm_0001-1.jpg

IMGtm_0002-1.jpg

IMGtm_0003-1.jpg

IMGtm_0004-1.jpg

IMGtm_0005-1.jpg

IMGtm_0006-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you Patrick. :) They were taken at my friends farm near Stamford Bridge around 4 years ago.  ;)

My mates dad used to work for rolawn and I can remember him taking us to a farm at escrick wheer they were working, there was a turf harvester there along with a few tractors including a big case magnum that I had a go on. :laugh:

Some lovely shots of the "thrashing mills" as we call them David but you may refer to them as "drums" v "mills" :-\ :-\

Especially liked the Crichton one ;) ;)

Thanks Bill. :) The term "drum" tends to be the norm around here, there's some really nice examples in collections not far from where I live. The Crichton belonged ( and may still do ) to a chap who arranged a working day on his farm near Northallerton. Here's another machine I captured working at this event one year...

IMGbitsnbobs_0006.jpg

IMGbitsnbobs_0007.jpg

My mates dad used to work for rolawn and I can remember him taking us to a farm at escrick wheer they were working, there was a turf harvester there along with a few tractors including a big case magnum that I had a go on. :laugh:

I've seen a few machines working on land near Stamford bridge preparing seedbeds for Rolawn, Valtra, Case and Fergie tractors. Just a shame I haven't photographed any of them working, i'll have to keep an eye out on my travels. ;)