Massey boys MF 65 restoration

Massey Boy

Well doing this up at work for a customer ;)

Giving her the full going over every thing :)

All orginal other than the engine we think its from a 165 will find out tommorow and the front badge missing  :)

Boss wants to know what you think she is worth right now there was an ok paint job on it but ive steamed that all off toaday ???

IMG_8741.jpg?t=1238266738

IMG_8743.jpg?t=1238266740

IMG_8746.jpg?t=1238266745

IMG_8742.jpg?t=1238266798

very nice cerin,very good clean up job............how bad was it before??

Thanks she was okish before but the paint seen to peel off easy with the presser washer and 180 degree water coming out ;D

I will proberly be out with the wire brush when you are down cleaner here up even more :)

must be a early mk1 165 engine in her to have the exhaust on that side mate all the later ones were on the oposite side

Thats what we thought but it defently not the orginal ;)

Wow she looks tidy as she is acctually Cerin mate.

Be nice to restored thought mate.

You done a nice job cleaning her up mate

Yeah dose look ok but under the bonnet needs doing so do the brakes front axel and maybey clutch ;D

Thank clener her took a good few hours ;)

She's a beauty Cerin... a MKII with Multipower will make it worth a bit more than a standard box... or a MKI... the engine could well be from an early 165... but I think it's near enough the same engine anyway really (Perkins AD4.203)  :-\

As for a value.... that's a toughy really... I'd GUESS at between 2 and 3k really  :-\

She's a beauty Cerin... a MKII with Multipower will make it worth a bit more than a standard box... or a MKI... the engine could well be from an early 165... but I think it's near enough the same engine anyway really (Perkins AD4.203)  :-\

As for a value.... that's a toughy really... I'd GUESS at between 2 and 3k really  :-\

Sounds good Marky will tell my boss

you gotta do a total  restoration mr. c   ???

yep ;)

looks very tidy cerin , shame it's for a customer & not yourself mate , would suit you i reckon  :)

I would love to own it  ;)

Somthing will come up one day  ;)

Toaday i took the bonnet off and the head  ;)

Its not looking great inside big hole in the head so its going to have to be replased we recon so far it going to cost £700 and that only a bit in i hate to think whaty the owerall price will be :o

Ah... I thought she was a runner Cerin... I'd like to change my original estimate to £1k - £1200 then mate in that case - assuming the drybolicks are good of course

Yeah i she was running but hurting very badly :D

It is a 165 mrk1 engine :);)

• 1 month later...