hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a baler of some type, it was so deep in the nettles I couldn't get anywhere near

Tractors012.jpg

That looks like a Bamfords. 

Some great pictures in this thread - its a shame to see these once all-singing, all-dancing machines now obsolete and lying unloved and unwanted.  :'(

some cracking pics emerging, surprising what can be found that otherwise gets a second glance .

i do wonder sometimes how much it would take to get some of the more uptogether machines serviceable again.

that standen statesman didn't look too bad the dominator either

Some great pictures in this thread - its a shame to see these once all-singing, all-dancing machines now obsolete and lying unloved and unwanted.  :'(

glad i started this now , makes a change from looking at all the new kit thats posted here sometimes  :)

that root stuff alomst looks like it would hitch up and go no worrys,apart from that really old grimme looking one near the end,is that a bale grab i spot behind the baler to?? looks like a rear mounted 12 stack one to me?? used to have one on the back of the mf with the smaller perry one on front loader

ahh the load bay of a grimme mid ranger  :)

spent many an hour wire tying bags & stacking on one of them , gets a bit crowded by the time 40 bags are done & there's still 200yards of row to do  :-\

makes it even more interesting if it was a one row machine & running offset, as you'd be sure the harvester would twist itself in half if just one more bag was perched up on the rest of them , & the dust !

good days spent usually 6-7 of us on the machine , just pulling the alarm cord for fun , waking the tractor driver up from jimmy young on radio 2 & having to stop the harvester  :D :D poor old paul  ::) (athough i was less that impressed when i was the harvested driver a few years later  ::))

even honing the skill to throw a small spud at the right place on the main web for it to flick up & rebound into the knackers of the pickers the other side of the picking table :D :D

long days ............. good days                  :)

might be a mamoth resto if you were actually going to do both of them  :D same picture twice BC ;)

Drat thanks for advising me Marcus. I'll go and delete the second and try and post the other picture I meant to post.

great pics bill , all look familliar except for pic 5, which has thrown me  & maybe pic 10 , scraper /dozer blade / stone infill blade ?

looks like some of them are just waiting to be hitched up ready to go although a few more tines may be needed to get that wuffler type machine working effectively again though  :D

the 885 xl wow  ::):-*:-* :-*

now im guessing the T-A is shot maybee the engine

the fly wheel might be done in too  :-[

new engine block might be a runner

convert the TA to solid a little clean here and there be a good runnabout

just some TLC i will pick it up if they dont wanmt it  ;) ;) ;)

Worth nothing sitting in the undergrowth, and will probably sit there rotting for many years to come. Try buying it though. If the owner would part with it; it would suddenly have very little wrong with it and be worth an awful lot of money.  :)

great pictures bill , all look familliar except for picture 5, which has thrown me  & maybe picture 10 , scraper /dozer blade / stone infill blade ?

looks like some of them are just waiting to be hitched up ready to go although a few more tines may be needed to get that wuffler type machine working effectively again though  :D

Well Marcus No 5 is a "tattie harrow" for getting weeds out between the drills before final furrowing up. No 10 well you are partly correct but it is a home made snow plough which my father and me made a long long time ago when we lived at a place which had a mile long road to it. It could go on th back of the Nuffield but reverse isn't fast with the DM 4's single speed reverse gear so it could also be attached to the front loader of a TEF 20 Feguson I had at the time.

ahh the load bay of a grimme mid ranger  :)

spent many an hour wire tying bags & stacking on one of them , gets a bit crowded by the time 40 bags are done & there's still 200yards of row to do  :-\

makes it even more interesting if it was a one row machine & running offset, as you'd be sure the harvester would twist itself in half if just one more bag was perched up on the rest of them , & the dust !

good days spent usually 6-7 of us on the machine , just pulling the alarm cord for fun , waking the tractor driver up from jimmy young on radio 2 & having to stop the harvester  :D :D poor old paul  ::) (athough i was less that impressed when i was the harvested driver a few years later  ::))

even honing the skill to throw a small spud at the right place on the main web for it to flick up & rebound into the knackers of the pickers the other side of the picking table :D :D

long days ............. good days                   :)

Took the words out of my mouth with that post Marcus.

Like you say,long days but realy good fun.

We had a MF165 pulling ours.

bill re; tatty harrow

thought it may have some thing to do with rowed root crops , but a harrow wasn't on the list ! learn something everyday  :)

so am i right in thinking thats your own little 'machinery in waiting' plot ?

nice rollers james  wouldn't like to have to manhandle those the last 2-3 inches to get the pins in !

bill re; tatty harrow

thought it may have some thing to do with rowed root crops , but a harrow wasn't on the list ! learn something everyday  :)

so am i right in thinking thats your own little 'machinery in waiting' plot ?

nice rollers james  wouldn't like to have to manhandle those the last 2-3 inches to get the pins in !

It not all mine Marcus...only the plough the ridgers with the wire fence, the tattie digger, harrows, tattie harrows and the snow plough really. It was all dumped at a friends farm nearly 25 years ago when I was on the move and then it got shunted to the "back howe" as it is affectionatly known. I suppose the only time something will be done with it now is when my friend gives up the farm and has a "roup"

Archived