The Weather in General

Udimore

My wife has just text me again and my son is off school because of the snow.

At the moment there is between 2 and 3 inches of snow lying and very heavy snow falling.

I think we could be in for a hard winter. :-\

Cold here 0C here, no snow though >:( Dad said he recons its going to be a hard winter this year too, i hope so too, although i doubt we will get any snow  :'( :)

here in aberdeenshire over 100 farmers are paid by the council to keep smaller roads open  ;)

On the good side pavements are kept clear by a fleet of 60 kubota mini tractors with snow ploughs and gritters.

Did look at buying a snowmobile back in September when everyone started saying it was going to be a hard winter but got told by the wife not to be stupid as it would only get used once a year, how wrong she was ;D ;D

corr lucky you, wish we lived in the north :'( :-[:)

i'm up here in aberdeenshire too and today wasn't nice if you were working outside or driving anywhere. just outside oldmeldrum this morning a monster fendt with a huge snowplough passed us going the other way, it was flying :o wouldn't have wanted to end up in its path thats for sure, would have knocked you into the middle of next week, must have been some of the private contractors they use for snow clearing duties. Really don't want lots of snow this winter as we are off to a new site in the middle of aberdeen the week before christmas so thats a 50 mile trip morning and night and you really dont want to be doing that at 6 in the morning if its really heavy snow, "the glens o foundland" can be a white knuckle ride if the weather decides to turn :(

bitterly cold here....we`ve had rain sleet and snow showers on and off all day, the roads are like glass .........the brass monekys have gone into hiding.....am  thinkin of sending out for thermal tights and to bridget jones for a pair of her big pants (obviously not her favourite pair) !!!!! ;)

heading off chicken catchin now  that`ll heat me up .

minus 4 here at the moment too no snow as of yet but after last night`s rain then sleet and freeze up the roads are literally like glass........almost  half an inch thick of pure ice ......I can see it bein fun today, we have the lorry coming to lift the wool as well.....shouldn`t be selling it , I think I should be using it to keep warm !!!!!!!!!!

Minus 2 at 1/2 8 this morning, 6am it was a lot colder but forgot to look at the temputer thingy. Still some ice on the lane now. Heavy frost 

BUT NO SNOW  :'( :( :( ::):D

A thermometer  ::) ::)

Lovely still sunny day today here in Baku temperature is in low teens.

i'm up here in aberdeenshire too and today wasn't nice if you were working outside or driving anywhere. just outside oldmeldrum this morning a monster fendt with a huge snowplough passed us going the other way, it was flying :o wouldn't have wanted to end up in its path thats for sure, would have knocked you into the middle of next week, must have been some of the private contractors they use for snow clearing duties. Really don't want lots of snow this winter as we are off to a new site in the middle of aberdeen the week before christmas so thats a 50 mile trip morning and night and you really dont want to be doing that at 6 in the morning if its really heavy snow, "the glens o foundland" can be a white knuckle ride if the weather decides to turn :(

So then toyboy.... you don't fancy becoming an "Ice road trucker" ??? ???

Those Glens look magic in Summer and fine days but I can only image what they are like in a snowstorm

That's my prediction as well Rob.... I reckon we are in for a stinker this year... lets hope so... I could get some money for Frankie snow clearing - I believe they are short or ploughs around here  ;D

I don't know who well the council actually pay Mark. A friend of mine who only hobby farms now used to do it in the past. I think the2 council provided the mounting gear for the tractor and the plough but the hourly rate was not that great. I suppose it something to do when he could not get much done on the farm. He preferred doing the country roads because it was easier then the hassle he got from householders when he was doing the streets and cul-de sacs ;) ;)