The Weather in General

Udimore

Well they forecast snow for Aberdeenshire but that fortunately has come as heavy rain and the temperature is around + 1 to 2 degrees here in Aberdeen this morning. There is a lot of standing water on the main roads with blocked drains so traffic chaos will still prevail unless the council get up early enough to do so.

So then toyboy.... you don't fancy becoming an "Ice road trucker" ??? ???

Those Glens look magic in Summer and fine days but I can only image what they are like in a snowstorm

You are actually better going through rothienorman as atleast the snow will not drift as it is a bit more sheltered.

Actually never go through the glens of foundland sometimes cut accross the top to insch only use rothie road.

I don't know who well the council actually pay Mark. A friend of mine who only hobby farms now used to do it in the past. I think the2 council provided the mounting gear for the tractor and the plough but the hourly rate was not that great. I suppose it something to do when he could not get much done on the farm. He preferred doing the country roads because it was easier then the hassle he got from householders when he was doing the streets and cul-de sacs 

Knowing Aberdeenshire council it will not be great. Most were given the old ploughs that the council no longer use or loader mounted ploughs. Bloke in the village who does it has a bucket mounted plough on his 3CX and a amazone spreader on a 2wd Massey.

Weather here in Baku is very cold today but the sun is out.

And as for the clearance of the trunk roads maintained by Bear Scotland ... I think the saying is true....Bear's hibernate in winter ;) ;)

Very true.

A couple of years ago they stopped working because it was snowing. ::) ::)::)

Police had to ask Aberdeenshire council road crews to clear road, they worked all night to keep it clear Bear came on at 6 and the A96 ended up closed ::) ::)