The Weather in General

Udimore

just started snowing here again

I'm off to Theale tomorrow morning at 4am for 25,000 litres of petrol and 15,000 litres of diesel, and shall we say I'm a little anxious about the weather. Getting there is probably going to be the most dangerous part as I expect there will be ice on the roads. The Daf I'm driving has mid lift which is better than my unit in snow, if you can keep it on the road. By the time I'm loaded it will be getting light so things should have improved by then, as the temperature rises as soon as daylight comes.

No doubt on Tuesday we will be flooded out with orders for heating oil from people who have run out over the weekend. As soon as the frosts started last week; our orders went up by about 20,000 litres a day. I really feel sorry for people with oil fired central heating, especially with kero at around 50p a litre. A lot of our customers are saying that they are now using their heating only when it is really cold, because it is so expensive to run. No doubt the gas companies will soon follow suit, as they always do.

Such is life as they say. I would be surprised to see it ever come down any where near the price it was four years ago when I started in this business. I can remember Linda in our office apologizing to customers about the price because it was between 26 to 28p a litre. Still; remember this, we are better under Labour as we are told. Like f**** we are.  :(;)

Despite never topping 1 or 2 deg around East/North Yorks, the 3" of snow this morning had gone by mid-afternoon despite some flurries. Thankfully the wind has eased but it looks b***y cold tonight !

Just got a text from my wife to say that they had about 4 inches at aberchirder. The lane down from the farm was icy. But here in Baku it is a bit windy and about 16 degrees, hoping it has warmed up abit before I get home on saturday.

I don't think so Ben, i'm keeping it thanks  ::):D

cheers >:(:( :'( :'(.... :D :D :D....oh well, more snow would be nice, can have a day off work.....actually loads would be nice, have the week off :D :D :D

Been a georgeous day down here, a little chilly in the wind but in the sun pleasantly warm, lovely out turning the garden. Getting overcast now and begining to rain a little, they do forcast a bit of rain overnight.