• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Well it's been a while since I posted in here... BUT... I've traded old Doug in today for new 'lil' Doug ... After a lot of research.... probably 10-15 seconds  :of ... no.... seriously... I did so a lot of tyre track kicking before I decided to plump for this Kubota U10-3

One of the biggest issues with pretty much all makes of digger at the moment is there lack of availability... order now... receive in August/September for a 'one-off punter' like me  :of

Anyway... EVERYONE (who wasn't a slimey salesman) told me to go for a Kubota... the Teckushi micro is (evidently) pants compared to this model and two companies hold pretty much all of the market share for this type of machine. Although Kubota appear to be nearly 3k more expensive than the rest I'll reap the benefit of this on resale value when I come to replace him, her... it.. plus this one has 2 speed tracking which is an important factor for the hire market (so they tell me)

The tracks go down to 750mm wide and when she's opened up fully the track width contains the tail swing making her a zero tailswing machine (when extended)

Anyway... a picture says 1000 words... ladies and gents I give you.... 'lil' Doug...

ac0d2bdb.jpg

12b35ed9.jpg

31e42572.jpg

6b8c0f30.jpg

and here he is... parked in my 1metre wide fire escape... why... well just because I can  :P:D :D

1ac52507.jpg

I did post this in the new buys topic as well... but I'll post it here too... a kind gift from the dealer....

ced1b113.jpg

1:24 scale... and VERY heavy with it  :of

I know you probally don't need much encouragement but if you want a good laugh drive 'lil' doug while standing jockey style like you are in the grand national :laugh: :laugh:

On a serious note though looks like i nice digger so you traded in the old Emmitt machine did you??

Looks a handy wee tool I must say!.. What sort of jobs would you/your customers be using it for then?

750mm eehhh.. I reckon I could get that into my house and up the stairs!  ;D  Sounds like fun!

Looks a handy wee tool I must say!.. What sort of jobs would you/your customers be using it for then?

750mm eehhh.. I reckon I could get that into my house and up the stairs!  ;D  Sounds like fun!

Blake.. through gateways for patio's, conservatory foundations etc.. and yes it will fit through a regular front room door... Mrs F won't let me keep it in out front room  >:( :'( :D :D

I know you probally don't need much encouragement but if you want a good laugh drive 'lil' doug while standing jockey style like you are in the grand national :laugh: :laugh:

On a serious note though looks like i nice digger so you traded in the old Emmitt machine did you??

Will try that tomorrow Mr C  :P:-*  :D

yes mate.. Doug MKI has gone... RIP... and I lost a whole £250 on him  :of:D :D

Blake.. through gateways for patio's, conservatory foundations etc.. and yes it will fit through a regular front room door... Mrs F won't let me keep it in out front room  >:( :'( :D :D

Will try that tomorrow Mr C  :P:-*  :D

yes mate.. Doug MKI has gone... RIP... and I lost a whole £250 on him  :of:D :D

NICE ONE MATE 8)

smart looking little digger ,emphesis on little  :P  it looks tiny  :laugh:  but then suppost it has to be to get in the places where other's cant. Mind H&S dont catch you blocking a fire escape......... with a digger ...... inside  :laugh: :laugh: :police: 

Nice digger mark are you sure that your low loader will carry Doug mk2 you might need to get out riggers  for it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but joking aside well done i hope it brings you many happy days digging  :D

"And there off... its sunshine boy, redstripe, gone with the wind... and Marky on 'Lil' Doug a whole 5 miles behind blocking a fire escape..."  :P

It looks a good little earner Mark, especially on mates rates and great fun to mess about with as well  ;D

"And there off... its sunshine boy, redstripe, gone with the wind... and Marky on 'Lil' Doug a whole 5 miles behind blocking a fire escape..." :P 

It looks a good little earner Mark, especially on mates rates and great fun to mess about with as well  ;D

That's ace!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nice!!!, remember when JCB brought out a small machine with retractable tracks for that reason!, make lots of sense as some times you need it out the back but cant get it there? :D :D :D :D :) :) .....

"And there off... its sunshine boy, redstripe, gone with the wind... and Marky on 'Lil' Doug a whole 5 miles behind blocking a fire escape..."  :P

:D :D  ... very good... I'll get some pictures of me 'riding' lil doug when he gets his first outing then.

Ben... it's just the job up a tight back passage buddy  ;)