This is my PDC and PAULALI inspired mf6490 conversion saw theres on here and thought i want to build myself one i used the landini 220 and the 5480 cab i ended up destroying the front hubs as they were well stuck the back ones came off easily i used a PDC bonnet kit but decided to add a front linkage instead of using the weight i stripped her down and set to with the dremel a bit scary at first as this was the first major conversion ive done  i added styrene to the chassis to raise the bonnet as per the real 6490 also this helped as the headlights would have been to low i then smoothed the rear of the chassis with araldite metal epoxy i then was able to start test fitting the cab and bonnet and making the small adjustments as necessary i added the landini armrest to the mf seat added the t handle for the dyna 6 shift and a joystick into the armrest for the spools i painted the floor a darker shde of grey as per the real ones then cut off the landini exhaust and grafted it onto the mf lower part then made up a bracket to fix it onto the chassis a bit of paint had to paint the mudguards aswell put it all together added rear mudguard lights the mf toplink and the front hubs from another mf5480 see what you think comments welcome

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

thanks for the comments lads she is a brute think there will be a few more in the future 7480 6480 maybe a set of each range you never know

very smart convo Deano the bonnet colour matches the floorpan paint nicely :)

i had to paint the floor pan aswell the original colour was way off but the super red went on great and didnt react on the sanded down original paint

Well done mate you've made a real nice job of that, I said you'd work it out once you had all the bits ;)

wasnt too bad to figure out its amazing how much you have to cut away out of this chassis but its well worth it

Very smart work Deano, lovely looking "Fergy" you've built there, look forward to seeing a 7480 at some point too. :)

Photograph I took of the real deal planting potatoes earlier in the year.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/walterderwent/DSC04317.jpg

Regards

David.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice convo! I have just one question left, and correct me if i'm wrong: You were talking about a t-handle for the dyna6. But as far as i know the 6490 only came whith dyna6 transmission from the "new bonnet" versions....? So in my opinion it should be a dynashift version. Or the bonnet should be changed, first option seems easy to achieve i quess.

Nice convo! I have just one question left, and correct me if i'm wrong: You were talking about a t-handle for the dyna6. But as far as i know the 6490 only came whith dyna6 transmission from the "new bonnet" versions....? So in my opinion it should be a dynashift version. Or the bonnet should be changed, first option seems easy to achieve i quess.

ah you may have me on that but we have sold quite a few of 6475 and 6480 tier two style dyna6 but i cant remember any 6490 so possibly its a prototype  ;D::) but the more i think of it i actually cant recall any with the heavy back end 6485 upwards having dyna 6 until tier 3 um thinking now