The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Nice new trailer Marky, oh to have your job  :'( ;D . i like the bit [ 250 miles ] and not loads ;)

One bone idol lazy sod is enough for this forum mate  :D :D  ... we can swop jobs if you like mate... but I don't fancy your chances at me making roof trusses without them all collapsing on your customers  :-[:D :D

As for you Stevie Love....

Hairdryer me thinks...

Busy... but not a huge load of money coming in... which is not good business really i guess... but hell... am I happy... You blooming bet I am  ;D  .. beats sitting in a chair looking at a PC all day  :angel::blank:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good idea mate, drop it of at the farm, then pick it up once full?? save you travling with the baler then??

as for that plate, sure you said before, but why can't it be put on a tractor then?? you pay road tax and insurance afterall,

see i told you she looked good from behind!!!.....Harrys words were 'wed dactor'! ;D ;D ;D ;D

not sure you can get topsoil doww my road though in the trailer! :D :D :D :D

Bless him  :-*

As for topsoil.... Nooo sweat Ben... I'll drive it in... you can reverse it out  ;D;)

thats a good idea mate, drop it of at the farm, then pick it up once full?? save you travling with the baler then??

as for that plate, sure you said before, but why can't it be put on a tractor then?? you pay road tax and insurance afterall,

it needs to have an MOT so the paperwork said  :-\  .. might just get my mate to MOT it and see what happens actually  ;D

why would it need a mot then mate?? if thats the case your bailleys and mcauley would need to have one to surely?

Sorry mate... I didn't expl;ain that very well... the numberplate paperwork said that the plate could only be transferred (applied) to a vehicle that needed an annual MOT (obviously not for the first 3 years in the case of a new car).. but as a tractor never requires an MOT thjen it can't accept a plate like this  :-\

sorry with you now, i didnt read the reply that well to be honest misunderstood you

mm mot a tractor, then add the plate, wonder if that would work??? would the local garage know what to test on it even ;D ;D  might be worth a check with the dvla mind

Well.. Happy birthday Hattie... one year old today and 770 hours on the clock already... and ALL done by my own fair hand.

Mechanical problems to date - none

Niggly faults - visio roof latches replaced twice now... side window handle fell out going along the road and was ran over by a Hoooooge truck before I could get to it... auxiliary belt jumped off once for no real reason and it's not happened again since... wiper switch needs replacing and the intermittent doesn't always click in and make contact

Fuel economy superb - better than my previous model (Tier II 5445)

Power - absolutely superb - engine not burnt a single drop of oil since I've had her !! - but she get treated properly.. allowed to warm up and rev down before turning off and on

Gearbox - blooming wonderful

Suspension - could not live without it now I've had it

Loader - superb too... softride is wonderful, visibility is great - used a great deal and showing no signs of wear as yet - greased regularly though of course

Hydraulics - brilliant - 110ltr flow makes the loader like a rocket ship - lift lower for things like grass cutting is also lightening fast which speeds up turns

Maneuverability - stunning, 4 cylinders makes her short and very nice around the yard

The bad points - well... there are NONE in my eyes - I will certainly be keeping Hattie for a good few years to come I reckon.. unless, of course I am tempted by a new 5680 when it comes out  :-[:D :D

A good advert for MF then mate, looking forward to seeing how our demo goes in September as I keep hearing good things.

Personally I'd find someone who would be willing to let you hang a two leg subsoiler or cultivator on Hattie for a day or two over the next couple of months though, give her a bit of real hard work, will make a difference to her in the long run

Well.. Happy birthday Hattie... one year old today and 770 hours on the clock already... and ALL done by my own fair hand.

congrats me old rust bucket

Mechanical problems to date - none

still in the mf dealers

Niggly faults - visio roof latches replaced twice now... side window handle fell out going along the road and was ran over by a Hoooooge truck before I could get to it... auxiliary belt jumped off once for no real reason and it's not happened again since... wiper switch needs replacing and the intermittent doesn't always click in and make contact

see i year old and it falling to bits

Fuel economy superb - better than my previous model (Tier II 5445)

because it comes from next doors tank

Power - absolutely superb - engine not burnt a single drop of oil since I've had her !! - but she get treated properly.. allowed to warm up and rev down before turning off and on

power pedals work fine Oil well its in the drum on the floor in the morning so i put it back in

Gearbox - blooming wonderful

chrunchs every time it changes 

Suspension - could not live without it now I've had it as it stops my belly going up and down and bashin me blad head on the cab roof

Loader - superb too... softride is wonderful, visibility is great - used a great deal and showing no signs of wear as yet - greased regularly though of course

Hydraulics - brilliant - 110ltr flow makes the loader like a rocket ship - lift lower for things like grass cutting is also lightening fast which speeds up turns

Maneuverability - stunning, 4 cylinders makes her short and very nice around the yard

The bad points - well... there are NONE in my eyes - I will certainly be keeping Hattie for a good few years to come I reckon.. unless, of course I am tempted by a new 5680 when it comes out  :-[:D :D

thats why the gave you a white stick mate

ps i love you realy i couldnt resit the temtation ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

so a good year overall marky, good news it must be said, and as gav said good advert for mf to, i guess compiared to a farm tractor yours has a easier life as such, well maintained every week ect, which may be only once a month for some owners time allowing

so a good year overall marky, good news it must be said, and as gav said good advert for mf to, i guess compiared to a farm tractor yours has a easier life as such, well maintained every week ect, which may be only once a month for some owners time allowing

I guess so mate... she does have an easy life in some respects.... but, of course she's not intended to so as much road work as she currently does - she is indeed a good advert for MF - I was quoted by MF to say that she ticks all my boxes - a phrase that I stand by 100% still.

As for the 'other' post above....

>:(  right.... Steve on the naughty step please  >:( >:(

:D :D :D  .. rotten git.. next time you are passing please call in so I can run over your foot  :P

• 3 weeks later...

update, when my jd hit the year mark in my ownership i had done 540 hrs ;)

That's still a fair few hours I guess Mike.. and I suspect you made a lot more money in your 540 hours with your lady than I did with my 770 hours too  :-[:D

My update..

Nokian tyres ordered and will be here by the end of the month so they tell me... £4300  :of :of :of :'(

New trailer... running a treat - my best buy so far I reckon

That's still a fair few hours I guess Mike.. and I suspect you made a lot more money in your 540 hours with your lady than I did with my 770 hours too  :-[:D

My update..

Nokian tyres ordered and will be here by the end of the month so they tell me... £4300  :of :of :of :'(

New trailer... running a treat - my best buy so far I reckon

if you bought a new holland that would be and even better buy :P

right pal... that's you off my best christmas card list... and on to what's known as 'the purple candle card' list... (there is always at least one really nasty, cheap old card in the box... usually with a horrible purple candle on it)  :-\ ;D>:(

With a bit of luck my next update in here will be me running up the side of a Lexion 580 TT  :P:-*