Robbo's Photos

robbo

Been going round tractor dealers this morning to try and get them to offer Model Farmer magazine to their customers and whilst I was there I couldn't pass up the chance with the old camera now could I?  ::) ::)::)

First off the SDF dealer in Leigh

Tractors001-1.jpg

Tractors009-2.jpg

Tractors002-3.jpg

Tractors006-2.jpg

Tractors010-1.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had more than just SDF models in though

This is a very nice Ferguson trailer, I assume it is restored though

Tractors003-1.jpg

Then a JD 2140 identical to the one I drove many moons ago, 2 wheel drive, square cab with a green roof, so many of these are depicted with the yellow roof but all the ones I remember had the green

Tractors004.jpg

Tractors008-3.jpg

Then a spot of blue as well

Tractors011-2.jpg

Tractors012-2.jpg

I have been to this yard before and a number of the second hand tractors were still there including the 4WD Dexta and an IH 955 but I couldn't get at them this time  ??? ???

Then it was off to another different coloured dealer and although there were a number of tractors in the yard only one really caught my eye

Beautifully restored MF 175 multi power although somehow I don't think the seat is factory original  ;D ;D ;D ;D , a bit comfier I would have thought though

Tractors014-2.jpg

Tractors013-3.jpg

Tractors015-2.jpg

Phwoar... look at that 175... what a peach  :-*:-* :-*:-*

Must have restored it based on a UH model, with that seat.... :)

Thought you'd be off with your chequebook for that trailer......... :)

Some nice tractors there. I like the modified lights on the 2140, the previous owner obviously deemed the Deere parts o be too dear! I would think there were more green roofed 40 series OPU's produced than yellow simply due to the time in production. I'm not including the lower roofed LP cabs in that analysis.

Mike when you're there again can you inform them that you need to take a Deutz, around 160hp with front linkage away for Forensics? I'll pop up and get it off you then  ;):)

Nice photos of the grass, a nice crop he has got himself there. Since the departure of all the 1360's I havn't seen a JD mower around these parts, all Kuhn and Claas now. Nice to see some photos of a newer mower from Deere.

• 2 months later...

Called at the AGCO dealership today and this monster was sitting across the road, brand new and unregistered, it is sold and awaiting delivery to the new owner

028-3.jpg

029-1.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

No pick up hitch or even a drawbar on the Fendt? Nice find that, Mike  :) :)

Every Fendt in the UK well certainly big 900's and 800's are imported like this then fitted by dealers as are normally fitted with bill bennet pick-up hitches which are of course UK origin. 

• 1 month later...

Another trip to the AGCO dealer the other day, really didn't expect to see a Challenger in Cheshire, I didn't think there were enough large arable farms to warrant such a beast, it is mainly a dairy county.

20092010786.jpg

20092010787.jpg

20092010788.jpg

Then the standard reds

20092010790.jpg

20092010789.jpg

And the old lady in the corner, this part of the yard seems to be the naughty step, there is usually an older tractor parked here. It did strike me how narrow the front tyres were, I don't know if that was standard fitment or they were narrow for a reason

20092010792.jpg

• 4 months later...

I don't know the name of the owners :-\ :-\ , you could always ask Harryh141 as I believe his step dad works for them

no its love brothers's set up that the deutz is running on, we get it onn hire after harvest however it'll be a new holland this year as the dealers have changed hands

• 2 weeks later...

Had a trip out today with the camera so I might as well post them up ;) ;) :D :D :D

I will start with quite a rare beast although not exactly in pristine condition, taken in part ex and already sold

2011_0301Tractors0002.jpg

2011_0301Tractors0007.jpg

There were a few other golden oldies, this one is a candidate for "Yard scraper of the Month" as seen in a tractor mag  ;) ;)

2011_0301Tractors0016.jpg

An old red one hiding in the corner out of the way

2011_0301Tractors0013.jpg

And then one solitary blue one

2011_0301Tractors0017.jpg