UH New Releases 2010

AJH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not going to be ordering one of these... I'm getting a little disappointed in the amount of 'utilisation' UH are putting their tool too on this unit... I'm drawing the line at the white one and that's going to be it frankly.

Simon... the 825 was produced in France (first tractor produced at Beauvais) for the (primarily) French market... it was also sold in reasonable numbers in North America as the MF25 too... pretty much the predecessor to the MF130 tractor... also produced in France... also sold in the UK from 1964 onwards.

My god I am boooooooooooring  :-[

Well I'm not going to be ordering one of these... I'm getting a little disappointed in the amount of 'utilisation' UH are putting their tool too on this unit... I'm drawing the line at the white one and that's going to be it frankly.

Simon... the 825 was produced in France (first tractor produced at Beauvais) for the (primarily) French market... it was also sold in reasonable numbers in North America as the MF25 too... pretty much the predecessor to the MF130 tractor... also produced in France... also sold in the UK from 1964 onwards.

My god I am boooooooooooring  :-[

I'm saying nothing...  ???

Was it pure MF or badge engineered....? Even for the French it's an odd looking thing...  ???

That 8690 really does look out of proportion and unrealistic with those boots on. I agree with Lord Agco on UH milking the model but then as I've stated many times before they have to to recover the development costs. But it's a vicious circle that will end in tears, each extra variation will result in less units of each sold meaning UH have to build more versions etc etc until they cannot financially continue.

Was the 825 a development of the Massey-Harris Pony?

That was the 821... which was effectively a pony with a 35 style bonnet grafted on to give it the new MF corporate look.

Good food for though here... it must cost them nearly as much to produce the 825 as it does the 8690.... I bet they won't get many (if any) variations from that casting/tooling  :-\

That was the 821... which was effectively a pony with a 35 style bonnet  grafted on to give it the new MF corporate look.

Yes, once more your right, I should think before opening my big mouth!

Good food for though here... it must cost them nearly as much to produce  the 825 as it does the 8690.... I bet they won't get many (if any)  variations from that casting/tooling  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Good point but the 825 will cost less to develop and produce than the 8690 simply because it uses many fewer parts. Shipping cost per model will be far lower since it will weigh the same as a butterfly and finally the French will buy multiple batches to modify. Very few will be sold in the UK since it was never sold in Britain and holds no special interest for British collectors.

Yes, once more your right, I should think before opening my big mouth!

No No No... I've learn't plenty from you in the past... I love the discussion and I'm keen to learn about anything MF related so please don't ever stop 'opening your big mouth' ... I can't chat about MF alone now can I  :of:-[:D :D

• 2 weeks later...

im wondering was there ever a white mf 8690 in real life made..if not ill not be buying the model as i just think its stupid to have something thats not in real life...i wonder if i started making forage harvesters in white would i sell them,i think not....  i believe every model should have a real life counterpart as it adds to the authenticness of owning the model.....wish i could get speaking to uh,id give them a few new realistic ideas ( and mastercasts)

Yes looks like it.  :of

Date of 1st release has also changed from June 10th to June 18th. Were they selling last week without stock at hand ?  :-[  Very risky to do that with UH.

The webshop indicated during Saturday that they had stock at hand.  :police:  I wonder what will happen with my order.  :'(

Yes looks like it.  :of

Date of 1st release has also changed from June 10th to June 18th. Were they selling last week without stock at hand ?  :-[  Very risky to do that with UH.

The webshop indicated during Saturday that they had stock at hand.  :police:  I wonder what will happen with my order.  :'(

This mf is only released at the moment in the UK and Danmark. Will come end this month to the rest.

The mf will be released as what fendt did with there black beauty's.

Texas

i would not be surprised to see a white 7 series from uh and if they do us a red 6 series one in white to, truth be known i cant see mf for real just doing a white 5480 for the aniversary, most companys would do one from each of the range for something like that, for publisity shots ect

i would like to see uh start to make some john deere equipment, balers,tractors ect. get some detailed jd models as wiking have only released the 6930.  would like to see some 5r or 5m series tractors or a 6630 premium and a detailed sprayer would not go a miss. britains models are ok but they are to toylike and siku dont have much cab detail

i would like to see uh start to make some john deere equipment, balers,tractors ect. get some detailed jd models as wiking have only released the 6930.  would like to see some 5r or 5m series tractors or a 6630 premium and a detailed sprayer would not go a miss.[glow=red,2,300] britains models are ok but they are to toylike and siku dont have much cab detail[/glow]

its probebly because britains do toys and Uh do models mate and they will never look as authentic as UH because UH are not toys they are replica models and all sorts of H&S plus all

other standards have to be met