Toytrac 2009 - THE CHARITY RAFFLE POLL

Massey Boys Mum

Those of you who have been following the Toytrac 2009 topics will know that the FTF raffle held at the event raised £70.00 for charity. Because the younger forum members were all so brilliant on the day we asked them each to pick their favourite charity. We have opened a poll for you all to vote in to see which is the most popular choice to donate the money to.

In no particular order (sounds like the X Factor!) and after much careful thought - Cerin, Daisy, Toby, Thomas and Maisie chose the above.

:) What a difficult decision, didn't they go for some good ones?  :)

STOP PRESS – There was an unclaimed FIRST prize of a Britains Ford 5000 Gun metal – the winning ticket was 311!  Please check your raffle tickets and let us know if this was YOU! If it remains unclaimed Andy has agreed that it will be auctioned and the proceeds will go to our chosen charity.

Cancer research for me  ;)  mainly because a few of my closest friends and family have suffered badly and its so sad to see them go downhill and suffer  :'(

If only I knew it was for charity I would have bought even more tickets  ;)  how did I not win again  ;D

Back on subject well done the xfactor judges you picked some good causes  ;)

Winning raffle ticket 311 holder has just been found!!

Well done to Richard (O5rich) the Ford 5000 is all yours - Andy will be in touch with you.

thank you very much for collering me :D :D i am very excited

i would have got back to you sooner , but i have been very busy this week

Just done my vote for cancer research.

Talking of the raffle fix,....our pair of 7000's  and cultivators look the business Sean,......well pleased.......... ;)

:D :D :D :D :D  yeah yeah rub it in fergus wont you, at least they went to a good home thats all i can say, well done to all that won,

one of these days I`ll get to one of these shows, maybe even lakeland would only be a couple of hours drive for me..............we`ll see.

The reason for my post........ In August following on from our local gala week I was approached by some of the local development initiative folks to see if I would supply their small kiosk with plants as they have lots of folks coming in asking for them, I agreed and have been doing so since then, the shop is due to shut for the winter shortly  so that cuts off another source of income which with a house to do up has been very handy.

For our wedding we asked could folks please not buy us any presents but if they desired, would they please give us a small donation for charity, we chose the british heart foundation and Marie Curie  in memory of both our mum`s. We got donations for over £2900 quid.

I`m rambling on here but I`d like to give you one of my week`s kiosk plant sales envelopes to add to your charity fund......the one I picked up last week  just so happens had £30 in it so if someone would be so kind as to tell me where to send a cheque  and who to make it out to,  I`ll write one out  for £30 and send it to them.

thanks , john

one of these days I`ll get to one of these shows, maybe even lakeland would only be a couple of hours drive for me..............we`ll see.

The reason for my post........ In August following on from our local gala week I was approached by some of the local development initiative folks to see if I would supply their small kiosk with plants as they have lots of folks coming in asking for them, I agreed and have been doing so since then, the shop is due to shut for the winter shortly  so that cuts off another source of income which with a house to do up has been very handy.

For our wedding we asked could folks please not buy us any presents but if they desired, would they please give us a small donation for charity, we chose the british heart foundation and Marie Curie  in memory of both our mum`s. We got donations for over £2900 quid.

I`m rambling on here but I`d like to give you one of my week`s kiosk plant sales envelopes to add to your charity fund......the one I picked up last week  just so happens had £30 in it so if someone would be so kind as to tell me where to send a cheque  and who to make it out to,  I`ll write one out  for £30 and send it to them.

thanks , john

Thank you John, very much! Andy has the money so I think it should go to him. I will PM him for you and ask him to give you the details.

Hopefully, we will get some more votes in the poll - oh, and feel free to follow John's generosity everyone!  :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those who voted for their charity of choice.  :)

Thanks John, I have Pm'd you with the details.

I am also going to add to the pot by auctioning off a set of the remaining Britains samples models on ebay so from tomorrow evening there will be a 7 day auction consisting of the Britains 5000 Gun Metal, Highway Tractor and Cultivator set.

All proceeds will then go into the overall pot we attained from Toytrac and other recent donations.

I am also going to add to the pot by auctioning off a set of the remaining Britains samples models on ebay so from tomorrow evening there will be a 7 day auction consisting of the Britains 5000 Gun Metal, Highway Tractor and Cultivator set.

All proceeds will then go into the overall pot we attained from Toytrac and other recent donations.

That is very commendable, Andy.  I am sure whichever charity receives the money will be well pleased. 

Let's hope the auction get a lot of bids to make it even more worthwhile!

Well we will soon be coming to the end of the Charity Auctions on eBay. The reponse has been great so far and thanks if anyone from FTF has kindly bid on any of the items.  :)

As you know, the totals will be added to the raffle money we collected at Toytrac.

Although all candiates were extremely worthy, I think Cancer research is a particularly important cause. I am sure many of us have been effected in someway by this horrible word, whether it be involving family members, friends, or even yourselves. I personally have a particular fondness to this charity since several family members have had to endure this illness, and just last month, a close friend of mine (just 23) lost her battle with it.

I have also read several topics on FTF over the years, right up until today involving forum member families that have suffered too and continue to be effected by it.

Those who have donated to this fund should be proud of what they are contributing towards, and I offer a heartfelt personal thanks to you for aiding in FTF's donation.  :)