Britains New Hitch - Progress

Andy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is looking a lot better and much stronger but still with that stupid ring hitch. Suppose if we run out of room for models we could always use the ring to hang the tractors up!  ;)

There was a suggestion the ring hitch may be dropped. I will have to check if that was decided or not.

i guess the ring will have to be a comprimise so they can sell the stuff in the states and allow it to fit older implemements like the marstons or vicon baler they did, to be honest thats a small sacrifice if the new one holds stuff up properly

When i see it right, the hitch is looked ( first picture)when it is up.

texas

Sean makes a good point without the ring hitch most of the implements in North America wont work since few big farms use a 3 point hitch.  Pulling big implements need a ring hitch of somekind...If it can be turned under that would be a good compromise.

Come on Andy, a man with your education knows there's not 1000% :D :D :D::)

good to see they have finally got there ass's in gear and progressed this, its been the talk of the town for years!!, also, Siku copied Britains in the old days with the linkage, about time the roles were reversed with RC2! :D :D :D

I wondered what it was like in the lifting position the pics dont show the cultivator in the raised  position other than that it will be a great improvemnt.

For the older models like the ford 7000 or any new ones brought out could they fit the lugs on the side of the hitch to take the dump trailer ?

100% of something is that thing  ;)

Numpty for Lord Ferguson perhaps?

No, he's definitely right....  :-\ ::)  If something is '10' and it improves or increases by 100%, that is 10 + 10, ie double.... 20.... If same thing increases 1000%, that is, as Fruity Nut rightly says, 10 fold, 10 times, it now equals 100.... basic arithmetic.... And I thought Ben was supposed to be an engineer... :of???::);):laugh:

New hitch looks like it will function as it's supposed to....  :)  Finally  :of  :) 

Only thing I can't see is why we haven't gone back to the really good older design of Britains hitch... this one seems [at first glance] to have a similar issue to the Siku [& even Ertl] hitch in that it projects quite a long way out.... I know the germans do lots of good things, but we don't need to copy everything.... they invaded Poland but we wouldn't do that would we  ???

There's obviously a good reason for it, presumably fewer tooling changes maybe? I dunno... good stuff though RC2, big respect for listening to your customers... :)  I'd give you a gold star if there was one.... :angel:  How's that?  ;D

Simon the hitches might have to be made like that so they get conform with the CE standards so the little carpet farmers dont get their fingers trapped inbetween the hitch and cab as the model is classed as a toy ;):-\

God bless the beurocrats... ::) yeah, ruined my childhood getting my fingers caught between the hitch and the cab... scarred for life, mentally and physically...  :(

Oh, hold on, no I'm not!  :of???;):laugh:

No, he's definitely right....  :-\ ::)  If something is '10' and it improves or increases by 100%, that is 10 + 10, ie double.... 20.... If same thing increases 1000%, that is, as Fruity Nut rightly says, 10 fold, 10 times, it now equals 100.... basic arithmetic.... And I thought Ben was supposed to be an engineer... :of???::);):laugh:

I know that, but Marky said "100% of something" not "a 100% increase" ;)

Can't see the ring hitch getting dropped, may be no use to us but as was pointed out, RC2 stuff uses it.... Britains... part of RC2.... Maybe in a couple of years when they have completely dropped it from their implement range maybe...  :-\  I just pull them off on mine anyway...  ???

as i said its the only way for them to sell the jd stuff especially in the states, they dont use the 3 point just drags mostly, sure rick will confirm ,

if its anything like the older versions, it is only a simple case of cutting the flat end off and the ring comes off, just leaves a small pin on the underside, and the new one like the old will also have the pin for trailers, does in the pics anyway

• 2 weeks later...