Devastating News about REDROCK Engineering

farmermarshall

Sign of the times. Probably not the last to face problems and certainly not the first. It's all part of business and booms and busts that have occurred throughout time. Doesn't help the 80 employees and there families I know but hopefully for them the business can be sold in one piece.

very sad news indeed... I wonder how many other manufacturers are 'rocky' right now.. I was talking to someone only yesterday in Ag machinery manufacture... he was telling me that a lot of people are suffering this year... not only are orders not coming in... farmers are cancelling orders they placed pre-harvest... even on 'bespoke kit'... not good

As above... my thoughts go out to the 80 staff and their families... An employers first duty is to the welfare of his/her staff  :'( - the owners must feel awful at the moment too  :'(

I was only out there last month amongst the electrical engineers and it was mentioned that they had some issues, bad debts from customers was hurting them  :'( They were looking at so many new projects too..maybe that was part of the problem  :-\

Its an odd one really as I only know too well that the construction industry CAT, JCB, Terex etc are really struggling at 40% of 2008 figures but the agricultural world was holding up pretty well from the stats  ;)

I am sure that something will be sorted , and hey can be reformed as a new company... And as others have already said they are a major player not just in NI but UK.

Sadly here I doubt this is the last we`ll see of firms having to do this ...............................

can I just add a wee thought............livestock prices  have never been so high round here but my costs have never been so high either, rents are rocketing......everything is all out of step.too many folks taking a cut off what is our money..its made round to go round .........farmers are notorious for spending money IF THEY HAVE IT, this is well known and has been the case for generations. single farm payment cheques wont arrive for a few months, I know my bank account is almost empty at the end of each month when I have the bills paid...this isnt a good time of year to be spendin money . i  can sympathise with the redrock company and can only hope this good firm isnt long til its back to full swing albeit in perhaps a different shape, we may all have to change to survive this global downturn.

I wonder when govts, the general public etc will finally come to realise how many families and ancilliary businesses actually rely on a strong farming sector.Think too about all the community benefits of having folks living and working in the countryside who love it and know HOW to look after it. If this is allowed to fall by the wayside....well  need I say more......

You have not seen the last of redrock, I'll bet u all that now, anything ordered will be supplied i was talking to one of Redrocks guys this evening.

I was told Redrock will try to keep going until a buyer if found, How many o us is there on the forum??? Couple o quid each?? ha ha!

aye other companies will sell more trailers

No one is buying much at the minute, and put it this way

when fraser announced its closure their trailer sales rocketed, We bought our last one then too,

It's funny I was talkin to someone else who sells tractors, he was sayin that a guy went to usa to find that they were using just a bucket to take silage out of the pit for cows and it was heating, he shipped over 3000 alligator grabs out, but those were a few years ago now,

I bought our 160/10.5 trailer last year i must say it is the best trailer i've had behind the tractor, If i could afford another now i'd buy just to make sure of having one.

But in the meantime lets all prey that a company so well known for its products strengths stays floating for time to come.

not good news 

the problem is every country has there own trailers manufacturers there are just so many of them around the world whereas the tractors are the same manufacturers albeit with some modification for certain markets. Trailer manufactures only sell in there patch not to the rest of world 

I wonder how all the other manufactures are coping? Will they be heading the same direction..

I know NC Engeering laid off about half of there workforce earlier this year and was told that they had a lot of stuff being sent back from dealers as it wasn't selling, so they ended up with a lot of stock siting in there yard..

Redrocks Factory isn't huge and is know where near the size of NC so they must have been hit hard to go down.

They'll be back  ;)