Wexford Model Railway Club - Open Day, Nov 1st, 2009

SPN

Here's something just a little bit different!

These Model Railway layouts are located in a small country church outside Wexford Town. Some are permanent, and others are temporary. They open to the public a couple of times a year.

The detail on these displays is unreal!

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Good to see the Oak Tavern in miniature too but careful it desn't burn down!

Also think the house at the rail crossing is based on the one in Burkestown near me - it is on the Tintern side of Rathimney.

Is that the church near Taghmon or am I way off?

Dinny, its the recession - the pikeys have cleared off to Cork - a bit more like home for them :D :D :P

Also think the house at the rail crossing is based on the one in Burkestown near me - it is on the Tintern side of Rathimney.

Dinny, its the recession - the pikeys have cleared off to Cork - a bit more like home for them :D :D :P

what you mean by this ???

Minor details like that arn't important, it's the overal effect these layouts give which is important. It may even be set in a different era? The trains and detail of the rolling stock, stations and yard buildings are the key points train enthusiast want to be right in I should think. Like us with our farm stuff, we may get the milk tanker right but we may also get the livery of a passing train slightly wrong  ;):D

sure if thats a numpty Coxy Tris will post it up!! ;) ;) :D :D

i remember going to a model railway exhibition or similar when i was about 12 near basingstoke?, the layout was huuuuuuuuuuuuge and detail unreal then! :o :o

there at home where they are now in Wexford!!  :D

sure if thats a numpty Coxy Tris will post it up!! ;) ;) :D :D

i remember going to a model railway exhibition or similar when i was about 12 near basingstoke?, the layout was huuuuuuuuuuuuge and detail unreal then! :o :o

why

he just said all the  pikeys have gone to Cork and i said why

Very nice looking layouts. i used to have a Hornby layout but all dismantled now. Have most of the stuff still in crates in the loft and quite a lot of the engines and carriages and buildings etc with their original boxes. Must have a look and catalogue all what I have upstairs. There is little loft space left now so there is no chance of building a layout again up there as I once thought of doing before I got hooked on 1/32 Britain's 5 years ago.