Radio controlled John Deere

1972farming

Does anyone know if theres people who repair the radio controlled siku toys.My lad has been doing a spot of tug of war with his mates Fendt !

The motors ok but the gearbox is knackered.

I could do with just buying another gearbox.

Any help would be great .

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Both the tractors died at the same time i think.

I wasn't present at the time, otherwise I would have gave them a good talking to about wrecking expensive toys! >:(

Its funny because my lad has loved having it back and now he isn't bothered what he gets for Christmas. :-\

Happy ending though.................tractorman810 came to my rescue. 8)

Massive thanks from me and my lad Charlie to you Sean  ;D ;D

i guess its just a space issue, they can already make it work in the rc loaders you see round, they are bigger mind, so why not in a siku, even if its just the up and down and no tip?? has really surprised me that siku havnt done a rc combine or forager yet, they have the system with enough channels to do them easy

...has really surprised me that siku havnt done a rc combine ....

Probably down to eventual cost.  Bearing in mind that the new Siku JD combine is over £60 on its own, and looking at the price of the new Radio Controlled JD on tracks (about £250 list price), you could expect a combine to be £300+, it would be a bit of a risk for them to take. 

If the tracked JD sells OK at £200+, Siku might feel it's worth trying a combine, but it's only just come out, so we don't know how well it will sell after the initial interest. 

Incidentally, a general point.  The the Scania and MAN lorries, the JD on tracks  and the Deutz-Fahr are the only Siku Control models that use Radio Control.  The others are all infra-red control.

deff a cost issue at present that i do agree on,mind you the truck sets are 250 odd quid and they seem to sell?? its only really a case of moving the rc parts into current models,its not a development issue as all the parts are ready, so if the people on here can do it which we have seen then i would say the bofins at siku could

• 2 weeks later...

Because I made such a good job of getting my lads tractor fixed(WITH THE HELP OF TRACTORMAN810) 8) , I now have the job of mending his friends Fendt. ::)

Has anyone got a spare fendt motor and box or has anyone on here bought direct from the siku website link ?

Cheers

:)

• 2 weeks later...

do any of these RC machines lift the hitch up and down mabey turn a reversable plough over tip etc as it seems 200 + is steep for a RC shaped vehicle that only looks and drives/steers like a normat radio controled buggy etc

if siku are charging that much 200 + it just seems very steep price to pay  :-\

All of there range do have working hitchs as standered. there is talk about Siku bringing out a plow in the new year that will be reversable, but again costs are the issue, The lack of implements have forced most of the fans, (which seem to be from europe) into customising there own. Look on youtube for an idea of what they can make, i've seen some great examples along with modified tractors with extra lights, working front hitchs duel wheels etc, implements I've found in the region of a plough although it went the wrong way when it turned, mowers, and seed drills.

In regards to the combine question id say it definatly comes down to cost. Myself and a few others like Malc have converted our lexions into r/c and both will agree it isnt a cheap thing to do, not if you want realism.

digital servos aren't cheap but although they do allow fine tuning on speed etc.

You know it,

funny that if you look on uk ebay theres very little of the siku control range, but look at the german site an theres stacks of it, plus spares, mods,an add ons.

My lexion is pretty much finished, but am sorting out the unloading auger speed as standered servos swing way to fast.

• 1 year later...