Siku 2010

AJH

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also a very dissappointing programme from SIKU for 2010 in my eyes.

Nothing than the really great ROPA sugar beet harvester and maybe the new 1/32 scale Claas Xerion will make it into my dioramas next year.

The 1/50 scale idea to make them fit with their building vehicles (diggers etc.) comes some decades too late and contrary I would have preferred their building vehicle range becoming more and more 1/32 scale.

The fact that SIKU now offers farming modells in three scales has the bad side-effect that they are obviously reducing their 1/32 scale range or at least reducing their yearly innovative output in that range.

Seems that UH and the many new small manufactures begin to take over the game at least on the collectors side.

I feel exactly the same way. Except I will probably only buy the ROPA because I m sure the Xerion will be far from what the Wiking and UH tractors are and eventually one of them will make one......I hope.

Having said that I think SIKU and BRITAINS are still the cornerstone in the hobby, because they bring the next generation of collectors along. I just dont buy them for myself because I like realistic looking models for display.

also a very dissappointing programme from SIKU for 2010 in my eyes.

Nothing than the really great ROPA sugar beet harvester and maybe the new 1/32 scale Claas Xerion will make it into my dioramas next year.

The 1/50 scale idea to make them fit with their building vehicles (diggers etc.) comes some decades too late and contrary I would have preferred their building vehicle range becoming more and more 1/32 scale.

The fact that SIKU now offers farming modells in three scales has the bad side-effect that they are obviously reducing their 1/32 scale range or at least reducing their yearly innovative output in that range.

Seems that UH and the many new small manufactures begin to take over the game at least on the collectors side.

I can´t explain why Siku has chosen these ugly tracks. It is really a shame, because the rest of the model really works well.

But the great thing is, that the tracks from the standard Britians 8430T fit right away, on the Siku RC 8430T. They are a little to close on the rear fenders, but they run just fine.

Best regards from Denmark...

Nekarstoft

had youany problems with yours mine packed up allready gone back to siku

The Siku RC units I find are way too expensive for me to collect I love the lorry and low loader which I wont buy at over £200 I went into a new shop which as opened in Canterbury called Maplins electrical there I saw a 1/32 Mann artic and container trailer unit with remote control comes with sound and forward and back and also its very well detailed  cost £25.00  Siku must be making a huge profit out of us.

Im not getting too excited about the new releases. I've heard a rumor that Siku will be reducing there 1/32 scale items and replacing them with 1/50 to reduce costs although im sure we wont see that when it comes to buying them, shame tho as I do like siku models but there recent realeses are far to exspensive for the average childs toy, I've always had a thing for combines but there recent John Deere addition seems not to be selling as well as I think they'd hoped. No one near me or who i've rang carry them in stock due to high costs and little demand. One shop still has a Lexion 600 that he brought 2 years ago,but at 65 quid im not surprised its still there.

Siku as a business have to put their investment into what amkes the most money.

I casnnto imagine that farm toys are making that much right now, plus with the financial situation i am not suprised by the lower number of models than expected.

Plus, when you think about making a new model it is generally planned 2 years ahead of production (well that is what we are currently working on) so then you need time for design, new tooling to make the model, make sure it will sell etc etc....

I think that this is a sign of things to come, I mean look at the offering from Britains... not good still...

Lets jsut hope that the fantastic models from Wiking and Weise don't get fewer as the manufacturer's develop.

Siku may seem expensive, but then take into account production costs, exchange rates etc. At least the Siku models will last and function properly.

Exactly, although its not a highly detailed as UH at least it wont fall apart after the slightest of knocks  ::) And the line up for this year may be because they want to push another side of the company this time round. 

I totally agree, Siku models have great playing potenial and for the model farmer there great and they do last, couldnt agree more, My last purchase from britains was the 9880i an was sorley dissapointed in the model as a whole, even if i was many years younger id still be dissapointed. Tractor wise, siku lead the playing market by far, my nephew has alot of toys and there mostly siku, id like to see Siku have more of a piece of the JD franchise rather than britains.

Still not purchased any weise models yet having not seen any in the flesh to have the chance too.  but I have got my eye on a few things for the new year.

had youany problems with yours mine packed up allready gone back to siku

Hi Flash600

No and a little yes. I had a small problem with my new tracked RC8430T hitch servo, but the problem didn’t arrived before I had taken the model apart several times to customize the hitch. And the only problem was that I may have pulled a little to hard on a cable, and it was easily solded. So I wont blame Siku for that problem, because I am pretty sure that if I didn’t have opened the model, that cable would have stayed in place.

The Siku RC units I find are way too expensive for me to collect I love the lorry and low loader which I wont buy at over £200 I went into a new shop which as opened in Canterbury called Maplins electrical there I saw a 1/32 Mann artic and container trailer unit with remote control comes with sound and forward and back and also its very well detailed  cost £25.00  Siku must be making a huge profit out of us.

Hi Kentman

I don’t think that you can compare the very cheap RC model trucks from example New Ray with the Siku RC models.

I have tried a New-Ray RC truck once. It sure looks nice, but they only drive on/off (you cant drive slow but only full speed), you can’t steer the trailer functions from the remote control (there were no functions on the trailer anyway) and they didn’t have light on. The Siku truck models have light, beacons on the roof, you can hook an unhook, the trailers from remote control, steer the functions, the battery on Siku are recharge batteries etc.

Of course Siku make some profit out the models. But I think it is quite fair, my guess is that it cost £250.000-750.000 to develop RC models like their trucks and tracked John Deere.

They are expensive, but I think they are worth the money, if you like them to move on a diorama, but if I just were a shelf collector I wouldn’t pay that money for them.

Another thing are that I would guess that they are cheaper in example a German Internet store than in an English store. Not all models, but the RC Siku indeed.

Take care from Denmark…Nekarstoft

• 1 month later...

I hope they do the MF with a front weight option...those linkages (which I know people do change aftermarket - but I'm looking for original models) take the edge of what otherwise appear to be amazing models, in my opinion.

I concur, I hate the Siku front hitch, the Britains 7000 has streaked ahead of the Siku bigun in my humble...  :D

Just replied in the Wiking topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Wiking and the Siku Xerions don't look a whole lot different to me. I wonder what the price difference would be between them.

thats what i thought Tris whats up with that  :(??? ???