What`s true about the rumour that UH has take over Ertl / Britians /RC2

:of  What`s true about the rumour that UH has take over Ertl / Britians /RC2?  :of

Everywhere on this globe people are gossipping....... about there neighbours....... or if the B..bs of Pamela Anderson are real  or not.

Now I have heard a rumour on the show in Zwolle that Universal Hobbies took over Ertl / Britains / RC2.

They have bought the RC2 company just for the BIG NAME licencies.

Does someone know something about this gossip?

It is probably just rumour.  There is much, much more to RC2 than just Ertl/Britains, although there have been rumours that the Ertl/Britains part is for sale for several years now. 

RC2; we must get used to their new name.  From 2010 they will drop the RC2 trading name, and trade as Learning Curve(they have effectively been using the Learning Curve brand name in North America for some time now, and if you look under any Britains box you will see "Learning Curve Brands Inc", "Marketed in Europe by RC2".  Henceforth, it will just be Learning Curve).

UH have indeed opened a facility in the US and are obviously eyeing the US model market, although I think they will have a few regulatory, packaging and licensing issues to sort out.

It will be interesting to see how well the US takes to UH, bearing in mind they are used to the very solid, robust 16th scale products of Ertl, Scale Models, Diecast Promotions and Norscot.  They might possibly feel UH are a bit flimsy?

same rumor was arround at toytrac and spalding so i was told, cant see it somehow, if uh really want the rights to say make some  jd and case ih models , then i am sure they would offer enough to secure them,which would also be cheaper than buying a whole company up just for them,  siku and the makers of the new ih 1255xl ? was it are proof of that, siku with the 7060 in 50th which is bound to come out in 32nd even ros have the nh 7000 series due soon, so the rights aint soley on rc2 even now

just a small notion on the competition on the US market. There  is already a player on there that makes resin cast precision models, so there is a market for them. They will be competing against SpecCast and probably Ertl too.. I already see a decrease of prices for UH models on the US market so that might suggest they are trying to break there way into the market.. but competition is high and americans are quite national minded, so for UH it might be better to take over an american brand and release there models under those names.. The other way around.. i think RC2 has much more cash in there pockets to buy out UH then the other way around..

There is no truth to the rumor.  The Ertl/Britians are not up for sale and no discussion with UH has taken place.

It is true that UH have opened up a distribution center in the U.S.  I believe this was primarily to service AGCO with the new 1/32nd MF and AGCO models UH have recently tooled. 

Bill Walters

Managing Director

Ertl Farm Toys

There is no truth to the rumor.  The Ertl/Britians are not up for sale and no discussion with UH has taken place.

It is true that UH have opened up a distribution center in the U.S.  I believe this was primarily to service AGCO with the new 1/32nd MF and AGCO models UH have recently tooled. 

Bill Walters

Managing Director

Ertl Farm Toys

well that is good news thanks for the info bill

so wot about the rumour that agco own/part own uh then  :P

.. but competition is high and americans are quite national minded, so for UH it might be better to take over an american brand and release there models under those names..

Americans will probably think that "Universal Hobbies" is an American brand  :laugh:

All I know is that UH models are expensive in the U.K if you get them shipped to Canada but there are guys in the States selling them at dollar to pound prices or less. so the U.S distribution is a good Idea from where I am sitting at the moment. U.H models will be joining my collection from now on :)

Americans will probably think that "Universal Hobbies" is an American brand  :laugh:

Come on guys we yanks are no more national brand minded then others from their country, and Uh is not an American brand . ya Uh has opened a new office in the states (see Model Farmer issue 14 for details) when it comes out in the near future......

And I would prefer not to see overstate generalization about Americans or any other community on this forum....since we are all one big family......... :D

Sorry Rick can't agree with you. Just look on line at the way many of your brothers believe anything built in Europe/China/Taiwan is not fit for purpose and almost anything built in North America is top notch.

Good to see Bill putting the record straight again.

Ya I seen those fools too but they do not represent America as a whole......You can't really know America until you come stay and visit long enough to travel the whole country and meet all the different kinds of Americans....what you see on line is only a shadow of what Americans are like......I know where your coming from and why but it is still a gross generalization of our people......those fools are not my brothers...............again my point is that this forum now reflects a lot of diversity and we got to be sensitive to that fact.

Rick, I agree with what your saying, but polling and statistics are made to analyse an entire population  :) The term brother was used to identify your fellow countrymen not question the descendant's of your parents.

This never came to mind never thought you ever alluded to my parents.....if you want to know what drives American collectors go to one of the 20 to 40 shows a month in the calendar year or go to the National Show with there 20,000 buyers and look at the age range 12 to 20 young with lots of cash lots....and the OEM after it by giving them little 1/64 items just like dad has and there is your reason these yanks dont look beyond their geo. area..........they live in a sheltered world of their own and they are a huge cash cow ......and have little interest outside of their own..........

Im not offended by your statement but others would be....is all I am saying........

Sean now he use to close his eyes talkin to me he could not even look at us yanks cause we took all the bar tools in Plymouth and he had to stand outside in the rain......He never like me cause I am Yank N I never let him forget it.... ??? ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:    real truth is he loves Yankee spuds, but won't admit it :of

if you want to know what drives American collectors go to one of the 20to 40 shows a month in the calendar year or go to the National Showwith there 20,000 buyers and look at the age range 12 to 20 young withlots of cash lots....and the OEM after it by giving them little 1/64items just like dad has and there is your reason these yanks dont lookbeyond their geo. area..........they live in a sheltered world of theirown and they are a huge cash cow ......and have little interest outsideof their own..

Exactly what I've been saying for years as to why Ertl concentrate their energies on the home market. This is also why UH can see an opening with their models in 1/16 like the Big Bud, more to come I would imagine, and the orange Agco and Challenger in 1/32. It would be interesting to hear how the 1/32 offerings from Ertl are fairing Stateside at present.

Exactly what I've been saying for years as to why Ertl concentrate their energies on the home market. This is also why UH can see an opening with their models in 1/16 like the Big Bud, more to come I would imagine, and the orange Agco and Challenger in 1/32. It would be interesting to hear how the 1/32 offerings from Ertl are fairing Stateside at present.

The price of 1/16 may force some rethinking.....I hope so anyway

Rick I disagree with you on the fact that americans dont buy made in America.

Proof of that is in the used equipment prices compared to canada.

Fendt tractors are a perfect example. I live in canada and was looking to buy a Fendt tractor so I priced at the closest dealers here than across the country, prices were running similar to prices in europe. So decided to look across the border....... wow what a wonderland opened up for me. I found one tractor after the other that were easely 20 percent less. (when compared apples for apples)

In the end I bought a Fendt 716 with 600 hrs, 1 year of Warranty left, front Pto and front linkage, like new axle duals and in A1 shape for 13'000 $ less than the cheapest tractor similarly equipped I found in all of Canada but the tractor in Canada had 3500 hours !!!!!!!!!!! and no duals.

Maybe the attitude has changed a bit but americans are defenitly patriotic when it comes to things like that. Which I have to say is probably not a bad thing. American equipment means american jobs.

Canada is a bit different we have no major manufacturers left and we have many european immigrants farming our farms. This all contributes to this phenomena.

But like I said that does not make americans any worse as a matter of fact it is refreshing to see that people believe in the importance of buying local so much so  that they back that up with spending their hard earned cash where their believes are.