The Great Trailer Debate. Split from Sorry Looking Kane Trailer

MJB1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry have missed out on something with these kane halfpipes ?

are they an actual superior trailer or is it because somone has just happend to build a model version of one  ???

what are you trying to sugest here? the real ones are selling like hot cakes the countrys full of them must be something good about them!!! less of the smartness please

guess thats had it then ,only use would be the chassis for a self made bale trailer or something, cost of a new body is prob not far off a whole new trailer

as for the halfpipes are they better than a normal kane then??? whats the advantage  of a halfpipe over that trailer other than looks?? i aint done silage before so not really got much of an idea of the benifits like that

Guest Fear No Deere

guess thats had it then ,only use would be the chassis for a self made bale trailer or something, cost of a new body is prob not far off a whole new trailer

as for the halfpipes are they better than a normal kane then??? whats the advantage  of a halfpipe over that trailer other than looks?? i aint done silage before so not really got much of an idea of the benifits like that

the new half pipes are a totally different trailer they are far easily handled with a steering axle and all,

however some people say the half pipes are harder to see into..

i'm sorry have missed out on something with these kane halfpipes ?

are they an actual superior trailer or is it because somone has just happend to build a model version of one  ???

Wondering that myself  :-\

I dont think there all that there hyped up to be really, Yes there a new design and might be better, Not sure.

Id say its also got something to do with Kane being the first to build a halfpipe trailer, But I know of at least 3 different manufactures of them  ;)

redrock, thorpe, kane thats all i know who make halfpipes

aye but surely kane is the strongest out that 3 trailers  ;)

ok 4 then  ::)

Redrock would be heavier built so id put my money on her, but hard to know as there not out there yet  ;)

so as such ,other than looks ,theres not a real proven benifit over a normal trailer with a halfpipe?/ what about cost, are they more than a normal kane silage trailer than?

Well the idea of a halfpipe shape is that the weight of the grass is spread more evenly of a larger area on the actual curved bit, instead of in the right angle corner on a normal trailer, therefore in the theroy the grass should slide out easier as there isn't as much weight and presssure pushing into the corner as there isn't a corner, But i haven't heard or seen from anyone that there is much difference compared to a normal trailer  :-\

But i do know from Noel Kane himself, Theres a serious amount of the buggers about!!  :of

cheers blake, knew someone would have a rough idea, i know in lorry terms theres a lot of half pipe style trailers appearing round here in the quarrys, i asume for a similar thing, easier to tip it out, but wasnt sure on grass

know they are arround have seen one over here on a new nh a few weeks back, also seen a rolland halfpipe silage trailer recently

as i have already said sean because of the shape they are much stronger, eg in theory it would be harder to twist than a square trailer ;)  also it is lighter so can carry more of a load ;)

as for the herrons ::)  good trailer but the paint is rubbish :of  fades in no time redrock is the only paint ;)

herrons faid easy, but there is a redrock tanker here that we use and she only has red paint where you can see with the naked eye, bits missed and everything  :of , every trailer is bound to faid though being out in the sun all day for 3 month nearly