i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice machines stephen just need the decal fixed on the jd and a badge for between the headlamps it looks like its gone if your looking for one i found one  ::)  :laugh:  it popped off while i was powerwashing theyre stuck in with a tiny bit of glue so its not that hard to put them back on

cheers guys thanks all machines doing well 18 hrs now on the blue machine Massey 4270 just left today bound for Limerick once she has a loader fitted ,going to get the green paint at the Deere to tidy here up a bit ......... thanks again no more purchasing to do for a wee while ... ;)

both look great, re the 6400, i see the decals are pealing on one side, i got a good set of replacement ones off ebay, same as the jd ones at a fraction of the price, a set would just tidy her up ;)  im on with painting my 6810 up at the moment, it goes to get the decals fitted next week (sending to to a car body shop to get them fitted so they are level etc) i know its added cost but i want them to look right :D

are you putting ya name number on the new tractors?

both look great, re the 6400, i see the decals are pealing on one side, i got a good set of replacement ones off ebay, same as the jd ones at a fraction of the price, a set would just tidy her up ;)  im on with painting my 6810 up at the moment, it goes to get the decals fitted next week (sending to to a car body shop to get them fitted so they are level etc) i know its added cost but i want them to look right :D

are you putting ya name number on the new tractors?

i,ve got the new decals ordered £30 they were, have had the John Deere paint maybe do them both with a sun strip  :-\  don,t really what to destroy that orginal look too much, again not sure about my name and number but i probaly will at some stage  ;)

That TSA looks gorgeous. Well you may wear.

Pity about the green thing. What was wrong with the MF240 that you had to downgrade so dramatically?

Someone upthread compared the Case MXU and the TSA.

The TSA is made in Basildon. The MXU is what they call tractors that fail Quality Control in the Steyr factory in Austria.

Someone also mentioned Fendt retaining their value. Only up to 7,000 hours. Most people trade them on after 5,000 hours.

With New Holland (and Valtra) you can safely go to 10,000 hours.

But isn't that TSA a joy to behold - and that's before we discuss the whistle from the exhaust with 20 tonnes up behind her.

That TSA looks gorgeous. Well you may wear.

Pity about the green thing. What was wrong with the MF240 that you had to downgrade so dramatically?

Someone upthread compared the Case MXU and the TSA.

The TSA is made in Basildon. The MXU is what they call tractors that fail Quality Control in the Steyr factory in Austria.

Someone also mentioned Fendt retaining their value. Only up to 7,000 hours. Most people trade them on after 5,000 hours.

With New Holland (and Valtra) you can safely go to 10,000 hours.

But isn't that TSA a joy to behold - and that's before we discuss the whistle from the exhaust with 20 tonnes up behind her.

in the workshop ::)  but seriously they do seem to last, well the (NH) parts that aren't made in Britain :laugh:

Very nice tractors you bought!!! I havent heard a bad word about the T6000 and T7000 series as of yet, and know quite a few contractors that have them for over a year now. The JD6400 is a smart move of a tractor that has proven itself with durability and quality, if you had to buy a JD, then this is the better choice of model to make, the newer 30-series are crap.(and that is not because i am a NH-fan, but because i know about 5 persons that have/had one and they are complaining a lot about malfunctions etc.)

Very nice tractors you bought!!! I havent heard a bad word about the T6000 and T7000 series as of yet, and know quite a few contractors that have them for over a year now. The JD6400 is a smart move of a tractor that has proven itself with durability and quality, if you had to buy a JD, then this is the better choice of model to make, the newer 30-series are crap.(and that is not because i am a NH-fan, but because i know about 5 persons that have/had one and they are complaining a lot about malfunctions etc.)

thanks very much mate thats sure nice too know as i'm kind on my own when making these decisions now  ;)

two nice buys stephan looking really well  ;)

cheers lad thanks  ;)

Looks like you've done well on two counts - the 6400s are really gutsy & tough little tractors and the NH - well, that goes without saying.  ;D

Only had a PTO sensor replaced in my NH so far, so I'm sure the way you look after you kit, she'll go for years.  ;)

the newer 30-series are crap.(and that is not because i am a NH-fan, but because i know about 5 persons that have/had one and they are complaining a lot about malfunctions etc.)

nice to see some moredeere bashing I was missing some "new" comments......

More colour wars..... I think you'll find there are more people happy with the 30 series than not. That's why an Irish hire company ordered 115 this year.....

Any pictures inside the cab ofthe Deere Steve?

Looks like you've done well on two counts - the 6400s are really gutsy & tough little tractors and the NH - well, that goes without saying.  ;D

Only had a PTO sensor replaced in my NH so far, so I'm sure the way you look after you kit, she'll go for years.  ;)

have to agree with than john , the 6400 i used to drive did just as much & more than the neighbours 6600 at the time

nice to see some moredeere bashing I was missing some "new" comments......

More colour wars..... I think you'll find there are more people happy with the 30 series than not. That's why an Irish hire company ordered 115 this year.....

Any pictures inside the cab ofthe Deere Steve?

sorry to say this jez but there are more 30 series going wrong in this area than there are all the other models put together (or so it appears) mainly daft electrical stuff and the new type fuel systems not liking the local fuel supplies

stickers on the bonnet will smarten her up stephen, mine were £35 but are longer as mine is a 6pot

sorry to say this jez but there are more 30 series going wrong in this area than there are all the other models put together (or so it appears) mainly daft electrical stuff and the new type fuel systems not liking the local fuel supplies

stickers on the bonnet will smarten her up stephen, mine were £35 but are longer as mine is a 6pot

Put filters on yer tanks will sort fuel problems, The engines are designed to run on clear diesel, the red stuff we use is complete rubbish, the dying process adds garbage to a clean fuel, they have no probs in germany cause they use clear fuel.

the reason they have 115nis down to price. there ia alot of people around here not happy with johern deere, mainly the 20 and 30 series, very over rated always were in my opnion and VERY heavy on fuel!!

Look you the figures, the deere is on par or better than most when at work, I've played around with the computer on mine and pulling the plough i can vary the fuel usage by up to 15ltrs an hour just with the transmission settings alone!!! fuel useage is alot to do with the driver and the way he drives!!!

the reason they have 115nis down to price. there ia alot of people around here not happy with johern deere, mainly the 20 and 30 series, very over rated always were in my opnion and VERY heavy on fuel!!

Mark is spot on about the Bord Na Mona - that is on price alone and of course will distort market figures and so make JD look very popular. If and when these come back on the market I bet there will not be a queue of farmers waiting for them off the bog like NH had.

All we have to do is look at Gav's tractor to see how troublesome it has been or on BFF.